Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Quote from: AQMP on June 18, 2014, 01:25:54 PM
Stephen Watson and the BBC NI team receiving counselling.

LOL.

I see his clubs turned up. There were some hilarious comments from people 'following' him. Rory said he has just been reunited with his clubs and the comments were

- it will hardly matter
- you should reunite with Wozniacki
- do you wanna play in our 5-a-side this weekend?

and lastly

- w**ker

There were lots of encouraging comments too. But I cannot understand why someone follows a person on FB/Twitter then calls the person a w**ker.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gabriel_Hurl

Walter Cronc

Will there be a fleg protest??

AQMP

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 18, 2014, 02:00:39 PM

Yet another example of chip, chip, chipping away at our Britishness.  T'would put the tin hat on it if McDowell was selected as well!

laoislad

Quote from: AQMP on June 18, 2014, 02:04:17 PM

Yet another example of chip, chip, chipping away at our Britishness.  T'would put the tin hat on it if McDowell was selected as well!

Gmac has already said he will be playing for Ireland.
Don't think he has a choice now anyway after representing us in a World Golf tournament lately.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

I think it would put only the tin hat on it if Woolie Frazer carried the tricolour at the opening ceremony.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on June 18, 2014, 02:07:29 PM

Gmac has already said he will be playing for Ireland.
Don't think he has a choice now anyway after representing us in a World Golf tournament lately.

Was going to say it must be strange having Brits play for 'us' but with the amount of players Big Jack brought in it's more the norm......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ulick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf_at_the_Summer_Olympics
The International Golf Federation (IGF) has proposed 72-hole stroke play tournaments (with a 3-hole playoff in the event of a tie) for both men's and women's events in 2016. Eligibility would be determined by IGF rankings. The top 15 players would be eligible (regardless of country) and then the next 45 players representing countries that do not already have two representatives.

So am I right in thinking each country two players unless they have more than that in the top 15? On current rankings that leaves McDowell, Lowry and Harrington fighting it out for one spot.

sheamy

Ruairi Mac giolla Ruaidh

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ulick on June 18, 2014, 02:19:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf_at_the_Summer_Olympics
The International Golf Federation (IGF) has proposed 72-hole stroke play tournaments (with a 3-hole playoff in the event of a tie) for both men's and women's events in 2016. Eligibility would be determined by IGF rankings. The top 15 players would be eligible (regardless of country) and then the next 45 players representing countries that do not already have two representatives.

So am I right in thinking each country two players unless they have more than that in the top 15? On current rankings that leaves McDowell, Lowry and Harrington fighting it out for one spot.

Sounds right, I presume it's not a team event? So it's top 15 in the world regardless of country, which will probably mean USA will be over represented. The rest of the countries send a two man team made of their top 15 rep, if they have one, plus whomever else they like.

deiseach

I'm unreasonably pleased by this news. Although maybe the 'reason' is the thought of the reaction of themmuns...

Franko

Always said he was a great fella.  ::)

All the same, it has to be a huge kick in the gonads to his principal cheerleader Watson, which is nice.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on June 18, 2014, 02:29:19 PM
Always said he was a great fella.  ::)

All the same, it has to be a huge kick in the gonads to his principal cheerleader Watson, which is nice.

I've no doubt that Watson will have his famed Norn Iron flag at the ready to piss everyone off.

If Ireland want a chance to win gold at the Olympics then you must have your best players
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: deiseach on June 18, 2014, 02:29:01 PM
I'm unreasonably pleased by this news. Although maybe the 'reason' is the thought of the reaction of themmuns...

deiseach, you're spending too much time on this board...you could almost be a Nordie!!