More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: TransitVanMan on November 16, 2010, 12:48:20 PM
Yeah real dough heads, when we all know that the H Blocks have been smashed and re-unification is imminent.  ::)

Can't you even wait until the cause of the fire is confirmed before doing your masters bidding i.e. black propaganda, divide and conquer.
well are the H blocks still being used?
are we not on the path to re-unification - certainly more iminent than at the time of the H blocks - thanks to the Hunger strikers and the work of a lot of good people in breaking down the sectarian 'establishment' !

if it turns out that it wasnt dissidents then fine, otherwise if it was my point stands (and stands for their motive for all their activities).

glens abu

Yeah real dough heads, when we all know that the H Blocks have been smashed and re-unification is imminent.  ::)

Can't you even wait until the cause of the fire is confirmed before doing your masters bidding i.e. black propaganda, divide and conquer.

Ah and I am sure you helped smash the H-blocks ;D

TransitVanMan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 16, 2010, 01:16:42 PM

are we not on the path to re-unification - certainly more iminent than at the time of the H blocks - thanks to the Hunger strikers and the work of a lot of good people in breaking down the sectarian 'establishment' !

if it turns out that it wasnt dissidents then fine, otherwise if it was my point stands (and stands for their motive for all their activities).
Administering British rule is hardly the path to re-unification.  How, in your opinion, did they break down the establishment?
Get in the Van!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: TransitVanMan on November 16, 2010, 02:12:49 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 16, 2010, 01:16:42 PM
an't you even wait until the cause of the fire is confirmed before doing your masters bidding i.e. black propaganda, divide and conquer.
Administering British rule is hardly the path to re-unification.  How, in your opinion, did they break down the establishment?
well maybe you are too young to be able to spot the difference between the north of Ireland now and the north of Ireland way back then !

if you knew you wouldnt be asking this.
Just to give you a taste though rather than have you whinge that I didnt answer your 'question' - From civil rights and nationalist/Irish/Catholic/working class politicians attempting to change things through dialogue and protest to defending the people, to retaliation, ending up in GFA etc etc and zillions in between - take your pick. the history books can tell you all you want to know.
its a different world up there now in comparison to pre 1968

TransitVanMan

I'm not as young as you may think.

In 1973, the British government proposed a 78-member Northern Ireland Assembly, to be elected by proportional representation. They would retain control over law and order, and a Council of Ireland would give the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland a voice in each other's affairs. This assembly was to replace the suspended Stormont Parliament.

Elections for the new assembly were held and the agreement was supported by the nationalist SDLP, the UUP and the Alliance Party. The pro-agreement parties won a clear majority of seats (52 to 26).

Republicans boycotted the elections, and the IRA continued its campaign of opposition throughout the outcome.

I await your usual mismash, fudged reply.
Get in the Van!

lynchbhoy

how naive you are !!
the british gov backed north of Ireland establishment promised quite a lot to the nationalists/catholics/Irish/working class in the six counties.
they also dismissed any notions on inequality, persecution, oppression or a two tiered society.
those who refused your 1973 or sunningdale facades knew that they were mealy mouthed fronts.
choose to believe what you will, but you obv were living in fantasy land while others suffered!

TransitVanMan

Naive??

So the NI Assembly isn't backed by the Brits?

Aren't republicans still suffering day and daily,stop and search,  persecuted by the courts, beaten in Maghaberry?

You're the one in fantasy land if you think things have changed.
Get in the Van!

Milltown Row2

Transitman, is your life better now than say had you been born in the 50's 60's? I was stopped, searched, questioned nearly everyday during the troubles and that was just going to school. Today i don't see the army, less police 40% of which are taigs! Equality regarding jobs, housing, benifits, and college students. Maybe its just me but i think we've come further and in certain areas done better than the 'others' who just happened to be born in another street.               Had you been born in that 'other' street what cause would you be fighting for?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TransitVanMan

That's how it's being sold to you Milltown, you're supposed to be feel great (the peace process feelgood factor) now that you (or your children) are not being harassed any more. I'd call freedom from harassment a basic human right, along with housing, employment etc. 

There have always been people who fit into your category, the " as long as I'm OK things are great".  But what of those (and their children) who are still being stopped every day, don't they matter, should we turn a blind eye now that we are not the "others" you speak of.

Get in the Van!

Milltown Row2

So your answer is to keep with the punishment shootings, rob banks, burn down business, collect protection money from your neighbours, harass kids in the streets to join up, have another Omagh............

I could go on. all this so that we get rid of the Brits join up with a bankrupt country that dished us 90 years ago so that then it will happen all over again when the UVF become the IRA, a force fighting against 'occupation'

Nothing has been sold to me, i feel good cause i've worked hard and have a great family.

Why are these people getting stopped? I know plenty of republicans not getting stopped.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TransitVanMan

Whether you like it or not Milltown it is being sold to you and you are buying in big time. Why are there people getting stopped, why were you stopped every day? You see thats part of the line you are swallowing too ie that all so called dissidents approve of armed struggle and violence. Many don't but because they don't toe the line like the uncle toms they are vilified. 
Get in the Van!

Milltown Row2

So what is it you want?

Brits out

PSNI out

become part of the Irish republic

when you get that will you be happy then?  And how will you keep everyone happy? Will it not be a role reversal ? Answer some of my questions.

TransitVanMan

Peace in a United Ireland.

Yes, an end to British interference in Irish affairs and an accountable, impartial police service.

Thanks for caring about my wellbeing. It's impossible to keep everyone happy but justice and freedom from harassment/ interference would help. Why should it be a role reversal - nationalists/ republicans coming as they have from a history of injustice have repeatedly held out the hand of frienship to the unionist/ loyalist side -  catholic, protestant and dissenter / green, white and gold.

What about my questions, why were you stopped? Why are innocent people getting stopped now?  Should we turn a blind eye because we are not the "others"?
Get in the Van!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: TransitVanMan on November 16, 2010, 10:02:48 PM
Whether you like it or not Milltown it is being sold to you and you are buying in big time. Why are there people getting stopped, why were you stopped every day? You see thats part of the line you are swallowing too ie that all so called dissidents approve of armed struggle and violence. Many don't but because they don't toe the line like the uncle toms they are vilified.
evading the point though tvm- the difference between then and now is night and day. its no spin its what you see, its the reality.
this 'plateau' is good enough for now. Thats all that people wanted to free them from the bad old days !
its good enough for now.
The rest will come in time. we obv disagree on this, but comparing what used tohappen and what doesnt happen nowadays - well i'll take now everytime!

TransitVanMan

I'm hardly evading the point. Lynchboy, I already know from previous encounters with you, that like SF you are prepared to settle for less (far less) than what was sought at the outset.

The reality is that what used to happen is still happening to many republicans today.

You too fit into the "as long as I'm OK" category.

Get in the Van!