More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Vehicle explodes at PSNI station

There has been an explosion outside a police station in Newtownhamilton, County Armagh.

The explosion happened at about 2325 BST on Thursday.

Police were made aware that a vehicle had been abandoned when a call was made to a Belfast hospital at 2230 BST. Police were enroute to the station when the explosion happened.

There are no reports of any injuries. Fire crews are at the scene, and have evacuated residents from their homes.

Last week the army defused a car bomb outside the town's police station.

Earlier on Thursday security sources told the BBC the threat posed by dissident republicans has risen to the highest level in 12 years.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Why would they target Mary McAleese? She's our President.
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Quote from: ziggysego on April 23, 2010, 12:31:15 AM

Did you vote for her Ziggy? The first time I mean as she was unapposed the second time.

ziggysego

Quote from: Zapatista on April 23, 2010, 12:35:29 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 23, 2010, 12:31:15 AM

Did you vote for her Ziggy? The first time I mean as she was unapposed the second time.

I was denied a vote  :P
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Ulick

glens abu

all very quiet in Glengormley as well

omagh_gael

I see the dissidents have really hit the brits were it hurts by injuring a woman in her 80's.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8638902.stm

omagh_gael

Quote from: hardstation on April 23, 2010, 12:17:48 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on April 23, 2010, 12:13:27 PM
I see the dissidents have really hit the brits were it hurts by injuring a woman in her 80's.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8638902.stm
Where does it say she is a brit?
[/quote

It doesn't, just highlights the stupidity of these attacks.

stpauls

Some better news. Peadar has been sitting up on the end of the bed and has some feeling in his leg. They're working on the lower bit at the moment but he's in good form. Visiting is still restricted because of the ongoing risk with infections. Keep him in your thoughts/prayers.

ziggysego

Quote from: stpauls on April 27, 2010, 01:21:40 PM
Some better news. Peadar has been sitting up on the end of the bed and has some feeling in his leg. They're working on the lower bit at the moment but he's in good form. Visiting is still restricted because of the ongoing risk with infections. Keep him in your thoughts/prayers.

Terrific news stpauls. Hopefully Peadar will continue on his road to recovery and will be up and about in no time.
Testing Accessibility

stpauls

Quote from: ziggysego on April 27, 2010, 03:34:42 PM
Quote from: stpauls on April 27, 2010, 01:21:40 PM

Terrific news stpauls. Hopefully Peadar will continue on his road to recovery and will be up and about in no time.

there are a couple of guys on the PSNI team running the marathon on Monday to raise funds to take Peadar and his wife to New York next year. the PSNI are playing the NYPD and they hope to bring them over for the game, god willing that he is fit enough to be able to travel!!

The Iceman

I hope the PSNI get a good reception at the game - I will go up myself and support the game.

You will find that a lot of ex-pats politics lean more towards Republican as they spend less and less time in Ireland.  Theres also the "Irish" Americans to contend with.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Ulick

fitzroyalty