More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 23, 2010, 07:30:59 PM
QuoteTHE Official Republican Movement in Newry has been involved in face-to-face talks with loyalist paramilitaries in a bid to bring about a shared and peaceful future, the Democrat can reveal.

WTF
A grant will be involved somewhere.

The Iceman

The thing I don't fully understand is how these dissident groups still exist.  From what I can tell the ordinary working class family don't support them.
Why doesn't anyone stand up to them? Why don't these "officials" put them out of the towns?

The majority of people know who they are - I am in America now about 5 years and I can rhyme off the majority of them in Armagh town.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

orangeman

Can they be blamed for everything ?

Man found shot dead in Derry
Thursday, 25 February 2010 08:48
A man has been found shot dead on the outskirts of Derry.

Local reports have said that the man had apparently been shot twice in the head.

The semi-clothed body was found last night on the Braehead Road close to the border on the road to Letterkenny.

AdvertisementIt is believed that a passing motorist saw what he believed to be a body and raised the alarm.

The victim is thought to have been in his late 30s but has not yet been identified.

There is no indication as to why the man was shot or when the shooting took place.

The area was cordoned off by the PSNI and they have appealed for information.

Mark Durkan of the SDLP condemned the killing and said people would be disgusted and appalled at what he called a 'brutal and crude murder'.

Sinn Féin MLA Martina Anderson yesterday said 'the vast majority of people in Derry would absolutely condemn what has happened here in their city this evening'.

Yes I Would

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Yes I Would on February 27, 2010, 10:10:37 PM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0227/armagh.html

Useless c***ts.. How hard can it be to at least hit the building!!
I hate to be the one to tell you this, they are useless c***ts because they are even trying to hit the building with a mortar.  Thanks be to God there are no injuries or worse this time
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Hurler on the Bitch

I have it on good authority that the Brits have called Obama, Cowen and Robinson tonight to tell them that they intend to withdraw from the Six Counties as from April 1st. The final straw it seems was the spate of bogus bomb alerts in Derry and Belfast today which it seems has caused consternations in the City of London with many multi-national banks indicating that they will sell up and move to the Far East if England don't "sort it out". It seems that the freedom of Ireland has been won by two unemployed men with balaclavas who hijacked a bus in Ladybrook today - and credit must go to the guy with the stolen mobile in Andytown who phoned through the other bogus calls throughout Belfast. People caught up in the traffic chaos today were naturally thankful to the freedom fighters who ruined many family dinners with their brave actions from a safe and silly distance. One man said: this is pissing me off, but fair play to these boys as the Brits are shiteing themselves now! More to follow but there are rumours that the UN are on their way to Belfast as the situation deteriorates and traffic is at a go-slow!!!

ziggysego

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on March 19, 2010, 11:19:40 PM
I have it on good authority that the Brits have called Obama, Cowen and Robinson tonight to tell them that they intend to withdraw from the Six Counties as from April 1st. The final straw it seems was the spate of bogus bomb alerts in Derry and Belfast today which it seems has caused consternations in the City of London with many multi-national banks indicating that they will sell up and move to the Far East if England don't "sort it out". It seems that the freedom of Ireland has been won by two unemployed men with balaclavas who hijacked a bus in Ladybrook today - and credit must go to the guy with the stolen mobile in Andytown who phoned through the other bogus calls throughout Belfast. People caught up in the traffic chaos today were naturally thankful to the freedom fighters who ruined many family dinners with their brave actions from a safe and silly distance. One man said: this is pissing me off, but fair play to these boys as the Brits are shiteing themselves now! More to follow but there are rumours that the UN are on their way to Belfast as the situation deteriorates and traffic is at a go-slow!!!

:D :D :D

Testing Accessibility

Jen Cui

Hardy

I presume these lads regard themselves, in the traditional fashion, as the lawful government of Ireland. In that case, I was wondering where's their passport office? The Mrs can't get a passport off the crowd who are supposed to be temporarily running the country because they're on a "go-slow", so where should she apply for Real Passport?

longrunsthefox

Why do people who claim to want to unite Ireland stop the flow of traffic and rail commuters up and down the country?... partitionists... and on  a weekend an All Ireland team is representing every tradition on the island...

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Hardy on March 20, 2010, 10:42:13 AM
I presume these lads regard themselves, in the traditional fashion, as the lawful government of Ireland. In that case, I was wondering where's their passport office? The Mrs can't get a password off the crowd who are supposed to be temporarily running the country because they're on a "go-slow", so where should she apply for Real Passport?

Tell her to send an email to newpasswrords@rira.co.uk they will then reset her password  ;D

Hardy

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 20, 2010, 10:59:55 AM
Quote from: Hardy on March 20, 2010, 10:42:13 AM
I presume these lads regard themselves, in the traditional fashion, as the lawful government of Ireland. In that case, I was wondering where's their passport office? The Mrs can't get a password off the crowd who are supposed to be temporarily running the country because they're on a "go-slow", so where should she apply for Real Passport?

Tell her to send an email to newpasswrords@rira.co.uk they will then reset her password  ;D

Arra feck. It's that kind of a week.

Tony Baloney

What a crowd of arseholes. Celebrated Easter by stencilling CIRA and burning out a skip lorry in Umgola. Was supposed to get the train this morning but the tramps in Kilwilkee called in a bomb warning on the line. Heroes all.

AFS

Suspect car left at police gates in Newtownhamilton 

Army technical officers are dealing with a suspicious device left in Newtownhamilton in County Armagh.

SDLP MLA for the area Dominic Bradley said he understood a car had been abandoned in Shambles Lane, close to the police station.

Up to 60 houses were evacuated in Newry Street and the Commons area of the village.

The alert began at about 0200 BST. Dozens of residents were moved to Newtownhamilton High School.

Mr Bradley said there were similarities to bombs left by dissident republicans which exploded in Newry in February and close to MI5's Northern Ireland headquarters in Holywood, County Down on Monday.

"It seems as if this incident has a similar modus operandi to that used at Newry courthouse and Palace Barracks in that a suspect vehicle has been left at the gates of the police station," he said.

"Newtownhamilton is quite a large, heavily-fortified station. If it were to explode it would do negligible harm to the actual police station but would be more harmful for other buildings nearby."