More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 24, 2009, 09:43:47 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 10:34:57 PM
Look lads I'm fed up at this stage, as I say, enjoy the world yous are living in. 

I wish the PSNI were the police force yous think they are
you are over suspicious imo
but having heard all about the bombs and hoax bombs from the 'war years' in the north of Ireland - 10 hours is a hell of a long time for them to deal with one - esp as modern tech should have speeded up tackling something like this. Though the cops could say they are out of practice.
Candymans post shows that the cops prob knew it was a hoax and decided to milk it for
1. overtime
2. as BC1 says - the exposure and the anti-dissident feeling it would bring up by causing disruptions.

you three are wasting your time attempting to discuss politics and esp anything related to the north with the likes of g(ullible)nevin.

When did Candyman become unquestionable? Do you believe everything he says?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Candyman

Tony Baloney

Quote from: EC Unique on November 24, 2009, 10:01:27 AM

This is the car that the Bomb was in at the weekend. The detonator went off in the car but the bomb failed to explode.

Now I'm no expert but take a look at the car. It looks like it has had a heavy impact from behind with the damage on the Quarter panel. Both the front windscreen and passanger side windows are still in the car. This is not damage I would expect from an explosiion inside the car.

Something just not right!
You should have stopped there.

lynchbhoy

This is the car that the Bomb was in at the weekend. The detonator went off in the car but the bomb failed to explode.

Now I'm no expert but take a look at the car. It looks like it has had a heavy impact from behind with the damage on the Quarter panel. Both the front windscreen and passanger side windows are still in the car. This is not damage I would expect from an explosiion inside the car.

for a change clarke would have been right - the dissidents top men were ex provos
but by all accounts these top brass are now either away or locked up with no QM or experts left to handle such tech creations as bombs.

the dissidents therefore are equiv to the loyalist/unionist gangs who fail miserably to properly make pipe bombs.
they manage to create risky dangerous devices, but these run the risk of blowing themselves up more than any intended targets.

if that is a picture of the car after impact, then either the 'bomb' imploded and sucked in the bodywork or the psni are severely out of touch in their bomb defusing techniques as the obv were using sledgehammers to set it off !

offtheground

Think the car was rammed through the barriers, looks like they reversed it through before they legged it...

EC Unique

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 24, 2009, 10:25:09 AM

You should have stopped there.

Why?

Main Street

If a detonator could do that damage then who needs a bomb?  ::)

Is that a picture of a car blown up by a detonator?

Maguire01

I'm no more of an expert that you, but as we're making assumptions, on the basis of that picture, I would have thought the device might have been in the boot of the car, hence the back end blown out of it. If there was heavy impact from behind, i'd expect to see the bodywork crushed in, not blown open.

Maguire01

as for maguire and on how the ruc/psni have changed....that old chestnut -
Again, for those with a selective reading issue, I have acknowledged on numerous occassions that policing reform is a work in progress.  And I acknowledge that some still say policing is ineffective in their areas. But i'm sure people in parts of Limerick, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Manchester... could all tell the same tale.

Yet despite the presence of a policing board, ombudsman, reports by the oversight commission on the implementation of Patten, huge turnover of personnel at all levels, you don't seem to be able to acknowledge any progress.
The fact that you continue to use "ruc/psni" would give the impression that you want to perpetuate the historic image of the police here; very much like the DUP and their use of "IRA/SF".

but having heard all about the bombs and hoax bombs from the 'war years' in the north of Ireland - 10 hours is a hell of a long time for them to deal with one - esp as modern tech should have speeded up tackling something like this. Though the cops could say they are out of practice.
Candymans post shows that the cops prob knew it was a hoax and decided to milk it for
1. overtime
2. as BC1 says - the exposure and the anti-dissident feeling it would bring up by causing disruptions.
Once again, it didn't take 10 hours - it took about 8.
And Candyman's post shows nothing as it's no more reliable than any opinion on this board. It's funny that you can be suspicious about why the police kept the roads closed for 8 hours, yet you're happy to take the word of an anonymous poster on the internet at face value.
Now Candyman may well be telling the truth; but then who is to say the cop he was talking to told him the truth? Sure they can't be trusted!

Also, for anyone who has a problem with the 8 hour closedown and the way the police handled it, would it be an idea to hold the police to account at the next DPP meeting? Ask them to justify an 8-hour closedown. Or is it easier to sit back and give out on the internet?

angermanagement

Surely they were worried about booby traps left in the area and searching in day light would make it a lot easier as would searching for any forensic evidence left at the scene and considering theres a school in the area surely they would need to be 100% there has been nothing else left.

Maguire01

Quote from: angermanagement on November 24, 2009, 05:39:13 PM
Surely they were worried about booby traps left in the area and searching in day light would make it a lot easier as would searching for any forensic evidence left at the scene and considering theres a school in the area surely they would need to be 100% there has been nothing else left.
That's far too logical.  :P

stew

Yes, they need to be sure but it should not take that long no matter the hour to determine that the thing is a hoax and that there are no booby traps, that is ridiculous and they completely ripped the arse out of it, overtime looks good for the delay to me.

History tells you this should have been cleaned up inside of two hours, I once watched them make that determination inside an hour with a suspect device on the mullinure road in Armagh, I could also have told them that it was a fake because I had seen the older lads from our area make it.

Before any of you start I was about twelve at the time.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

THE DADGA

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 24, 2009, 10:43:48 AM

for a change clarke would have been right - the dissidents top men were ex provos
but by all accounts these top brass are now either away or locked up with no QM or experts left to handle such tech creations as bombs.

the dissidents therefore are equiv to the loyalist/unionist gangs who fail miserably to properly make pipe bombs.
they manage to create risky dangerous devices, but these run the risk of blowing themselves up more than any intended targets.

if that is a picture of the car after impact, then either the 'bomb' imploded and sucked in the bodywork or the psni are severely out of touch in their bomb defusing techniques as the obv were using sledgehammers to set it off !
if tv has taught us anything its that bombs are set of by fire or a lit fuse etc. However in the real world its alot less visually exciting:(unless its a fire bomb) semtex, ammonium nitrate etc. Become unstable and explode due to a shock wave or somethin similar. Knowin the 'genius' RA the kicker was prob  a calor gas tank with a spark plug welded into the side of it hooked up to the car bat. But wat puzzles me is, if it was a stereotypical provo setup.and if the bomb was Drove into the side of the building it would have went off on impact. This didn't happen. I'd say it was an elborate Hoax!

orangeman

Two charged with PSNI murder bid 

A man has been charged over the attack in Garrison
Two men, aged 32 and 26, have been charged with attempted murder over an attack in the County Fermanagh village of Garrison at the weekend.

One shot was fired at undercover police on Saturday. Police fired two shots in return but nobody was hurt.

Both men have also been charged with having a firearm with intent to endanger life.

The 26-year-old has also been charged with using a firearm with intent to resist arrest.

Three other men arrested after the incident were released without charge on Monday.

Two were arrested by the PSNI in Fermanagh and one by Irish police in County Leitrim.

Maguire01

Quote from: stew on November 24, 2009, 06:22:50 PM

Yes, they need to be sure but it should not take that long no matter the hour to determine that the thing is a hoax and that there are no booby traps, that is ridiculous and they completely ripped the arse out of it, overtime looks good for the delay to me.

History tells you this should have been cleaned up inside of two hours, I once watched them make that determination inside an hour with a suspect device on the mullinure road in Armagh, I could also have told them that it was a fake because I had seen the older lads from our area make it.

Before any of you start I was about twelve at the time.
You should go to your next DPP meeting and ask them to account for the 8 hour closure and enquire as to how much overtime was incurred.
Tell them how long these things should take.
Hold them to account.

This is like saying the police should have a road opened within an hour after a car accident, because "history" tells me they did it once outside my house.
Or the fire service should put out a house fire in two hours, because "history" tells me they did that once down the road.
Or the exclusion zone and road closures at Mallusk last week due to the threat of a gas explosion - sure "history" tells me that the fire service were able to remove the exclusion zone at another gas incident within 5 hours.