More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on November 23, 2009, 06:05:06 PM
Quote from: stew on November 23, 2009, 05:42:11 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 04:49:18 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 23, 2009, 04:43:41 PM
What does it matter, sure it was police planted it there.
There was nothing planted.  It was a hoax and it took them about 10 hours to determine it was a hoax.

Typical psni efficiency, they must be one of the most inept policing bodies on the planet.

Really . So what's the average turn around for a bomb to be defused and the area be declared safe since your an expert in this field .
There wasnt a bomb
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 06:15:47 PM
There was nothing planted.  It was a hoax and it took them about 10 hours to determine it was a hoax.

Typical psni efficiency, they must be one of the most inept policing bodies on the planet.

Really . So what's the average turn around for a bomb to be defused and the area be declared safe since your an expert in this field .
There wasnt a bomb
Does someone just dander up and have a poke at it to decide? I don't know if you're a WUM  or just thick.

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 06:15:47 PM

There wasnt a bomb
Well for a suspicious device to be confirmed as a hoax and the area declared safe then.

You and stew clearly think that 10 hours is too long and we've established that 20 minutes would be cutting it a bit fine. But we still don't know what would constitute a reasonable amount of time(?)

stew

Eh, considerably less than ten hours, that is  ridiculous amount of time.

There was a bomb threat at East High school in Green Bay when both of my kids were there, actually they have been in lockdown four times in the last five years, anyway from the call was made until they found out the suspect device was a hoax took just over ninety minutes and this was in a school where they didnt know were the device was or if there was one. The school has thousands of students and is massive in size.

The psni were dealing with a device that was winking at them yet it took them ten hours, ten feckin to realise that it was a hoax, now tell me they arent inept.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

A couple of hours ought to be enough wouldnt you think?

Ten is rippin the arse clean out of it, call me a cynic but the bioys must love the aul overtime, time and a half is it? :-\
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Maguire01

Quote from: stew on November 23, 2009, 06:23:34 PM

There was a bomb threat at East High school in Green Bay when both of my kids were there, actually they have been in lockdown four times in the last five years, anyway from the call was made until they found out the suspect device was a hoax took just over ninety minutes and this was in a school where they didnt know were the device was or if there was one. The school has thousands of students and is massive in size.

The psni were dealing with a device that was winking at them yet it took them ten hours, ten feckin to realise that it was a hoax, now tell me they arent inept.
Yes, all situations are directly comparable. 
If it took 90 minutes for one incident, it stands to reason that any bomb (or hoax) should be dealt with in a similar amount of time.  ::)

How do you know that it took 10 hours to realise that it was a hoax? Was there not possibly some time taken to clear the area, to make sure it was safe and not a trap, to sweep the area for other potential devices?
As another poster has said, they don't just dander up and kick a box.

Also, i'm not sure where the 10 hours has come from. The BBC article says the object was found at about 3.30 in the morning. The news story was last updated at 11.49 this morning, reporting that the Mall had reopened. That would make it just over 8 hours, if the BBC reported the reopening straight away - i'm sure there's a slight time delay.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8373629.stm
Does that make it any more acceptable? Or should they have opened up the roads earlier and let people take a chance?

Maguire01

Quote from: stew on November 23, 2009, 06:25:40 PM
A couple of hours ought to be enough wouldnt you think?
I wouldn't know, not being an expert in bomb disposal and not knowing all the details (we're all basing this on a very short news article). And neither would you or most of the people on here i'd assume. That's the point.

pintsofguinness

You're wasting your time stew, sure the police can do no wrong in some of these boy's eyes.   ::)

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 06:48:27 PM
You're wasting your time stew, sure the police can do no wrong in some of these boy's eyes.   ::)
Yes, you're definitely wasting your time if your only arguments are:
1 - police = bad
2 - "these boys think the police can do no wrong"

That's a lot easier than actually discussing the issues at hand - i.e.

What have the police done wrong in this instance?

Given the limited info we have in the news report (and any expert knowledge you may have), what would be an acceptable amount of time to deal with an incident like this, if not 8 hours?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 23, 2009, 07:23:35 PM
1 - police = bad

Given the limited info we have in the news report (and any expert knowledge you may have), what would be an acceptable amount of time to deal with an incident like this, if not 8 hours?
I never said police = bad.  I am suspicious about their actions and their intent and their willingness to hold up an area for so long.
Considering their past, why is that so hard to believe?

When I think of all those checkpoints I've had to sit at down through the years and the endless questions and bullshit, and it was all for my own safety! Silly me.  ::)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 07:34:31 PM
1 - police = bad

I never said police = bad.  I am suspicious about their actions and their intent and their willingness to hold up an area for so long.

When I think of all those checkpoints I've had to sit at down through the years and the endless questions and bullshit, and it was all for my own safety! Silly me.  ::)
When a bomb finally goes off and kills or maims civilians and or security forces it will obviously be another securocrat conspiracy? You're obviously not wired up to grasp logic.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 23, 2009, 07:44:27 PM
1 - police = bad

When a bomb finally goes off and kills or maims civilians and or security forces it will obviously be another securocrat conspiracy? You're obviously not wired up to grasp logic.
You're starting to sound like Gnevin.

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 07:46:00 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 23, 2009, 07:44:27 PM
1 - police = bad

You're starting to sound like Gnevin.
You mean not grasping at straws in a useless attempt to justify my crazy believes ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

No, I mean reducing himself to silly and cheap insults and dramatic nonsense. 

Gnevin

Clearly there are bomb threats which consist of a back pack and a alarm clock and there are bomb threats which are all but bombs with out the blasting cap for example
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.