More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 02:54:57 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on November 23, 2009, 01:33:01 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 12:02:57 PM
No I suppose the police would never lie  ::)   It makes perfect sense for republicans to plant a massive bomb in the republican area. 
Just like it made perfect sense for republicans to plant a bomb in the middle of Omagh. Logic and sense doesn't come into it.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 12:46:48 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8373629.stm
So it was nothing  ::)  ::)

I'd rather a bit of inconvenience on the way to work than dead bodies. Maybe you think it's worth the risk to ignore potential hoaxes?

I think if it really takes our security forces 9 or 10 hours to sort out a suspicious object on the Mall in armagh we should be questioning their competency.
I'd also question what this object was and who exactly discovered it at half 3 in the morning! (for those of you who dont know the Mall in armagh is a field!).   
I smell bullshit.
I know facts aren't your forte but The Mall has the court house at one end (previously bombed) as well as Orange Hall and a TA barracks along one side of the mall so it's more than just a field. There's 3 potential targets without even counting a police patrol car or foot patrol.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 23, 2009, 04:23:51 PM
No I suppose the police would never lie  ::)   It makes perfect sense for republicans to plant a massive bomb in the republican area. 
Just like it made perfect sense for republicans to plant a bomb in the middle of Omagh. Logic and sense doesn't come into it.

I'd rather a bit of inconvenience on the way to work than dead bodies. Maybe you think it's worth the risk to ignore potential hoaxes?

I think if it really takes our security forces 9 or 10 hours to sort out a suspicious object on the Mall in armagh we should be questioning their competency.
I'd also question what this object was and who exactly discovered it at half 3 in the morning! (for those of you who dont know the Mall in armagh is a field!).   
I smell bullshit.
I know facts aren't your forte but The Mall has the court house at one end (previously bombed) as well as Orange Hall and a TA barracks along one side of the mall so it's more than just a field. There's 3 potential targets without even counting a police patrol car or foot patrol.
Which of them was the hoax device at?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

What does it matter, sure it was police planted it there.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 23, 2009, 04:43:41 PM
There was nothing planted.  It was a hoax and it took them about 10 hours to determine it was a hoax.

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 04:31:13 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 23, 2009, 04:23:51 PM

I smell bullshit.
Which of them was the hoax device at?
From BBC: The area around Mall East, Mall West, College Hill and the courthouse were cordoned off but has now been reopened.
Anyway, it's good that we've established that the Mall is not just a field.

Although i'm interested to know just how long it should take to sort out a suspicious object in a built-up area?
I'm far from an expert, but on top of the time taken to actually deal with the device, i'm sure there's some time taken to clear the area, i'd imagine the police would have to consider whether they were potentially walking into a trap, whether there might be other devices etc etc.. yes you're right - they should have sorted it in 20 minutes.

Now unless the police are involved in planting devices, or they are fabricating these incidents - and if they were, you'd have to imagine that the dissidents could confirm their non-involvement - then it's ridiculous to pin blame anywhere other than at the perpetrators.

pintsofguinness

IF it was at any of those places it would have been said on the news.

I don't think they should have had it sorted in 20 mins but it shouldnt take the time it did particularly when it was nothing!

An "elaborate hoax" is all the information we got, that could mean anything.  Maybe you boys are willing to put all your trust in the police, I'm not.

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 04:54:49 PM
IF it was at any of those places it would have been said on the news.

I don't think they should have had it sorted in 20 mins but it shouldnt take the time it did particularly when it was nothing!

An "elaborate hoax" is all the information we got, that could mean anything.  Maybe you boys are willing to put all your trust in the police, I'm not.
I don't really see much relevance as to where the 'object' was on the Mall. It doesn't make any difference to me whether it was at the court house, near a police patrol, a shop...

But how long should it have taken? 3 hours? 6 hours?

And if we're going on what was reported, there was a 'suspicious object', so there wasn't "nothing" - it wasn't a bomb, but those going in to deal with it don't know until that after the event - i'd rather they were a bit prudent and assumed they were dealing with something viable and took any necessary precautions to protect the public, rather than assume it's a hoax and act recklessly. That's when I would question their competence.

It's not about "putting all your trust in the police" either, but equally it's not about looking for a reason to blame them at any given opportunity. On the day a bomb explodes and kills, no doubt you'll be one of the first in line jumping up and down about what the police didn't do to stop it, yet you're getting annoyed when it takes them 9/10 hours to confirm that something isn't dangerous.

pintsofguinness

It is about putting your trust in them, some of you boys think they can do no wrong.

brokencrossbar1

I was speaking to someone very close to the "trouble" at the minute and this person is unquestionable in my view when it comes to the veracity of the story.  There is a lunatic republican fringe at th minute who are being led by a few crazies.  They do not have the capability to do too much as they are not well organised nor have much access to equipment but they are determined to get their hands on more and get a few waiverers over from the mainstream section.  Two of the leaders are gone now and will not see the light of day for a good few years and there are 2 maybe 3 more.  Things are being allowed to happen to try to get the public opinion turned on them and apart from the victims of the shootings they are trying to keep casualties to a minimum. 

Unfortunately in this "game" people die and there may be more.  There will be more hoaxes, defused "bombs"(who knows apart from the people who set them what was actually in the bombs).  As veryone knows history has shown that fringe republicans are rife with touts and it would be easy to direct a few things if the right person was a tout.  People may not believe this happens but when you have seen things with your own eyes you realise anything is possible.  Once 3-4 people in the fringe are out of commission then everything will end as the security forces do not see the same types anywhere else on the horizon.

bingobus

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 05:18:28 PM
It is about putting your trust in them, some of you boys think they can do no wrong.

Thats not the case, just ask for a bit of reason and logic from some. Next time there's a "hoax" I assume you'll volunter to walk and kick said "hoax" in the air to see how elaborate it is.

These incidents happened 2 days after 4 men where prepared to cross into Sligo Town to kill an off duty officer. They are obviously brave men and nothing should be ruled out with them.

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 05:18:28 PM
Not at all. Do "you boys" think they can do no right?
I fully acknowledge that elements of the police are more than capable of wrongdoing. And i'll have no problem in saying so. But for me, keeping the Mall closed for 9/10 hours isn't quite up there with these recent dissident activities.

But you have no real basis for criticising the amount of time they took to reopen the Mall in Armagh. It just looks like an excuse to have a go. I have no particular desire to 'big up' the police, i'm just challenging posts like yours to try and understand your need to point the finger anywhere other than at those who are causing these incidents in the first place.

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 04:49:18 PM
There was nothing planted.  It was a hoax and it took them about 10 hours to determine it was a hoax.

Typical psni efficiency, they must be one of the most inept policing bodies on the planet.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Gnevin

Quote from: stew on November 23, 2009, 05:42:11 PM

Typical psni efficiency, they must be one of the most inept policing bodies on the planet.

Really . So what's the average turn around for a bomb to be defused and the area be declared safe since your an expert in this field .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gnevin on November 23, 2009, 06:05:06 PM

Really . So what's the average turn around for a bomb to be defused and the area be declared safe since your an expert in this field .
I though we ascertained that that The Mall wasn't just a field.

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 23, 2009, 06:11:24 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on November 23, 2009, 06:05:06 PM

I though we ascertained that that The Mall wasn't just a field.
:D