China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: armaghniac on October 16, 2020, 01:13:25 PM
What amazing detective powers. There is no doubt that many people have let the GAA down. The worst part of the 26 counties is in Cavan around Ballyjamesduff, not close to the border but close to Crosserlough. The closure of businesses throughout Cavan can be laid at the door of irresponsible people in those parts.

Ballinagh, who won the intermediate, is much much worse. It's also within the Ballyjamesduff area.

imtommygunn

currychip

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 16, 2020, 12:51:05 PM
Edwin Potts on TalkBack saying CMO has evidence linked to significant spread through GAA after parties

What amazing detective powers. There is no doubt that many people have let the GAA down. The worst part of the 26 counties is in Cavan around Ballyjamesduff, not close to the border but close to Crosserlough. The closure of businesses throughout Cavan can be laid at the door of irresponsible people in those parts.

The intercounty season shouldn't lead to this, unless Fermanagh win Ulster.

About Poots - I heard that and must say I get fed up with the lack of knowledge from interviewers to come back on the claims made.  As we know, Derry City & Strabane council areas have been the hotbeds of infection recently.  I don't recall any recent big GAA games in that council area, no big congregation of GAA supporters ignoring social distancing.  That would have been an easy response from Crawley, if he had bothered.  There have been widely publicised infractions in Slaughtneil, Dungannon and after a game in South Armagh.   Behaviour was unwise, at a minimum.  However, Poots, unchallenged, only laid the blame in one direction.

The only narrative around Covid and the GAA is negative.  I know in my Co Derry club we have been very compliant with all guidelines, consistently since returning to training and play.  Across the GAA there have been clear breaches but its an organisation with a very wide reach.  I just wish the good stuff would get a bit more airtime.

Jeepers Creepers

tyroneman

So...just so I understad this correctly  - is a 'bubble' only applicable to indoor gatherings?

Outdoor meetings are no more than 6 people from 2 different households, but the household you meet with can change, so - Monday I could meet in the garden with household 1, Tuesday with household 2, wednesday with household 3 etc etc?

Is that correct, or is it that even outdoors is is supposed to be only with people in the same 'bubble' as me?

armaghniac

Quote from: five points on October 16, 2020, 01:35:49 PM
Ballinagh, who won the intermediate, is much much worse. It's also within the Ballyjamesduff area.

If I was Paddy Reilly, I wouldn't come back right now.

Quote from: currychip on October 16, 2020, 02:35:36 PM
About Poots - I heard that and must say I get fed up with the lack of knowledge from interviewers to come back on the claims made.  As we know, Derry City & Strabane council areas have been the hotbeds of infection recently.  I don't recall any recent big GAA games in that council area, no big congregation of GAA supporters ignoring social distancing.  That would have been an easy response from Crawley, if he had bothered.  There have been widely publicised infractions in Slaughtneil, Dungannon and after a game in South Armagh.

All the GAA supporters there are in Derry city put together could hardly start an outbreak.

Meanwhile in England, the ONS estimate that the number of infections grows by 9 per cent each day and it translates into a doubling in number in under one week
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Quote from: tyroneman on October 16, 2020, 03:04:28 PM
So...just so I understad this correctly  - is a 'bubble' only applicable to indoor gatherings?

Outdoor meetings are no more than 6 people from 2 different households, but the household you meet with can change, so - Monday I could meet in the garden with household 1, Tuesday with household 2, wednesday with household 3 etc etc?

Is that correct, or is it that even outdoors is is supposed to be only with people in the same 'bubble' as me?

Is a bubble a support bubble? I.e. caring or something like that? I have wondered the same. It is really really unclear.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Edwin Potts on TalkBack saying CMO has evidence linked to significant spread through GAA after parties

About Poots - I heard that and must say I get fed up with the lack of knowledge from interviewers to come back on the claims made.  As we know, Derry City & Strabane council areas have been the hotbeds of infection recently.  I don't recall any recent big GAA games in that council area, no big congregation of GAA supporters ignoring social distancing.  That would have been an easy response from Crawley, if he had bothered.  There have been widely publicised infractions in Slaughtneil, Dungannon and after a game in South Armagh.   Behaviour was unwise, at a minimum.  However, Poots, unchallenged, only laid the blame in one direction.

The only narrative around Covid and the GAA is negative.  I know in my Co Derry club we have been very compliant with all guidelines, consistently since returning to training and play.  Across the GAA there have been clear breaches but its an organisation with a very wide reach.  I just wish the good stuff would get a bit more airtime.

Yes I thought it could be challenged more myself, but also I don't think he suggested every outbreak was down to that, just some of the significant ones. The outbreaks here in Derry City certainly were not down to it, id love to start seeing the data because he clearly said MON and AF know the main sources-I suspect bars and parties in Derry City.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 16, 2020, 03:36:18 PM

Yes I thought it could be challenged more myself, but also I don't think he suggested every outbreak was down to that, just some of the significant ones. The outbreaks here in Derry City certainly were not down to it, id love to start seeing the data because he clearly said MON and AF know the main sources-I suspect bars and parties in Derry City.

What about that funfair on N. I execuitve land in Derry? Anything traced back to  that??

tyroneman

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 16, 2020, 03:13:17 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on October 16, 2020, 03:04:28 PM

Is a bubble a support bubble? I.e. caring or something like that? I have wondered the same. It is really really unclear.

My understanding (and I should clarify - for the North only) is that a bubble is a group formed between 2 households, so they can meet indoors (subject to certain restrictions on numbers). Once formed it means that those 2 households cannot meet anyone else indoors, so any outbreak is limited as much as possible.

My question is whther this 'bubble' applies indoors only? ie can I meet a different group of folks  outdoors each day (subject to number limit of 6) and there is no 'bubble in that case.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Angelo

You'd expect the excess deaths level to rise again now.

What is an acceptable excess level of deaths though?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

highorlow

QuoteYou'd expect the excess deaths level to rise again now.

ZERO Covid and ZERO deaths appears to be the driver. Learn to live with it they said, flatten the curve they said. Coivd App they said, Coivd App they did. €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ health spend thay got €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ health spend they did? Golfgate they did.

Now they wonder why the citizens won't listen anymore.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Angelo

Quote from: highorlow on October 16, 2020, 04:46:37 PM
QuoteYou'd expect the excess deaths level to rise again now.

ZERO Covid and ZERO deaths appears to be the driver. Learn to live with it they said, flatten the curve they said. Coivd App they said, Coivd App they did. €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ health spend thay got €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ health spend they did? Golfgate they did.

Now they wonder why the citizens won't listen anymore.

How much longer do they really envisage people living like this?

There doesn't seem to be any debate on whether lockdowns are a greater danger than the virus.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on October 16, 2020, 04:41:25 PM

You'd expect the excess deaths level to rise again now.

It's an uncomfortable question Angelo. A politician could never answer that, it would be career over.

They would have to say 0 which of course is possible as we seen during the summer etc...but highly, highly unlikely as we must return to 'normal'.

I don't think this thing is going anywhere, sooner or later Covid will and cannot dictate how we live and people will start to resent it taking precedence over other sicknesses.