Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on September 20, 2018, 07:36:14 PM
Quote from: Real Talk on September 20, 2018, 05:23:58 PM
From an outsider's view ......
At this juncture in Mayo football and to get all their best players committed is James Horan not the best bet?

But is a win now mentality the right one in a Mayo team that realistically hasn't any hope of winning now? Horan showed a mistrust of youth last time..

What is that about?!

bucko

According to today's Sindo, Solan will have Tyrone's Enda McGinley as part of his backroom team if he gets the job, along with his U20 selector John Ginty and a high profile former Mayo player.who is as yet nameless.

REDCOL

Maurice Sheridan is the nameless one

ballinaman

Peter Canavan and who else with Horan?

Rossfan

Jim McGuinness, Rachel Wyse and Brian Carney.
Team be renamed MayowestrosSky.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ballinaman

Quote from: Rossfan on September 23, 2018, 11:19:17 AM
Jim McGuinness, Rachel Wyse and Brian Carney.
Team be renamed MayowestrosSky.
You'd defo pay to see us then Rossfan  :D

Real Talk

Quote from: ballinaman on September 23, 2018, 11:12:33 AM
Peter Canavan and who else with Horan?

Canavan not likely to get involved with Mayo

Maroon Manc

Billy Sheehan will be involved with Solan, is that the same lad who was involved with Cork a few years ago?

Orchard park

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 26, 2018, 10:40:52 AM
Billy Sheehan will be involved with Solan, is that the same lad who was involved with Cork a few years ago?

It is, former Kerry and Laos player

iorras

Don't know a huge amount about him but wouldn't be getting too excited about him, he was somewhere else as well but don't think he has won anything of note as a coach.
Solan as well has Enda McGinley, lives in Antrim we hear, 5 hour drive to Castlebar. According to the Mayo news the angle with McGinley is that he has won 3 senior all Irelands but also translated underage IC medals into senior and has seen how that is done. The pitch is that he would be useful in trying to help the young Mayo talent to convert their underage success into senior. Don't know if he has been involved with other back room teams has he?
You'd have to imagine James Horan will now have to come out with some elements of his back room team. This battle is also being fought in the local process I think and Solan has put his cards on the table early. Personally I'm not too excited about his backroom team but I knew feck all about Donie Buckley back in the day either, indeed conventional wisdom from some in Mayo at the time might have been sure if hes any good why did Kerry let him go.

Cunny Funt

Solan revealed to the Irish Examiner that a former Mayo senior footballer is also on the verge of joining his ticket and that he has an "experienced coach" lined up to train the Dublin-based Mayo players. 

Any ideas as to they might be?

MayoBuck

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 26, 2018, 01:35:34 PM
Solan revealed to the Irish Examiner that a former Mayo senior footballer is also on the verge of joining his ticket and that he has an "experienced coach" lined up to train the Dublin-based Mayo players. 

Maurice Sheridan is probably the former Mayo footballer. I've heard him mentioned by a few people.

spuds

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 26, 2018, 01:48:36 PM

Maurice Sheridan is probably the former Mayo footballer. I've heard him mentioned by a few people.
Maurice Galway based this long time.

Probably David Brady 👊.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

joemamas

Quote from: spuds on September 26, 2018, 02:49:04 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on September 26, 2018, 01:48:36 PM

Maurice Galway based this long time.

Probably David Brady 👊.

Mother of God, I think I almost had a heart attack.