Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: champion1981 on August 21, 2019, 11:27:09 AM
Downjim!! Your alive🤣 was worried about you after the bridge game 🙈, I think if the point should show the hole recording of the match ,would be heavy suspensions for both teams

Yeah very Selective posting of video to be sure, there could have been plenty of videos showing misbehaviour from CPN at the game, for example PD having to leave pitch with a busted nose!
Good to see Downjim has awakenedd, think he is a closet magpie fan as they are the only club which motivate him to post!! After Friday his own club might have a few weeks off ;)

Last Caress

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on August 21, 2019, 03:13:42 PM
Quote from: champion1981 on August 21, 2019, 11:27:09 AM
Downjim!! Your alive🤣 was worried about you after the bridge game 🙈, I think if the point should show the hole recording of the match ,would be heavy suspensions for both teams

Yeah very Selective posting of video to be sure, there could have been plenty of videos showing misbehaviour from CPN at the game, for example PD having to leave pitch with a busted nose!
Good to see Downjim has awakenedd, think he is a closet magpie fan as they are the only club which motivate him to post!! After Friday his own club might have a few weeks off ;)

You have it spot on champion1981

terrifictommy

Will the whole video vindicate the action? So no harm done then.

elk

Quote from: terrifictommy on August 21, 2019, 08:19:09 PM
Exactly there's no justification for what laverty did.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: elk on August 21, 2019, 08:40:46 PM
Exactly there's no justification for what laverty did.

Is he still employed by the Co Board as a development officer?

Last Caress

It won't vindicate the individuals actions but would incriminate the actions of others. Supporters included.

champion1981

@hedgehunter I dont think laverty is employed by the co board, seems to be about this time every year we all not pick the magpies faults or actions🙈,myself included, listening to players from  both sides and neutrals @the game I hear conor got awful heavy weather before he lashed out at his opponent, he took a training session @ a club on saturday ,after talking to our chairwoman about the incident doing the rounds on social media he pulled up his top and showed her his arms and chest which were black and blue from being nipped and even a bite mark on back of his shoulder, so the only thing I could say to laverty Is fair played young man keep up the good work , he is a genius  to watch after all these years still  👍#utf🇮🇪

Hedgehunter

Quote from: champion1981 on August 21, 2019, 10:54:30 PM
@hedgehunter I dont think laverty is employed by the co board, seems to be about this time every year we all not pick the magpies faults or actions🙈,myself included, listening to players from  both sides and neutrals @the game I hear conor got awful heavy weather before he lashed out at his opponent, he took a training session @ a club on saturday ,after talking to our chairwoman about the incident doing the rounds on social media he pulled up his top and showed her his arms and chest which were black and blue from being nipped and even a bite mark on back of his shoulder, so the only thing I could say to laverty Is fair played young man keep up the good work , he is a genius  to watch after all these years still  👍#utf🇮🇪

Absolute madness..

guevara

Champion1981 your comments are embarassing.

Lavery has plenty of previous in this type of behaviour and it happens far too often in GAA Games. The only medicine for him is to take him to court and then maybe individuals won't indulge in sneaky cheap shots.

Also let it be noted Neil Cousins saw the incident and let it go unpunished. An absolute disgrace.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

champion1981

If the ref seen it then nothing could be done about it?? If a dog bites a human it would be put down!! Not that there would be much to chew at on laverty 😂

elk

Quote from: guevara on August 22, 2019, 01:34:42 AM

Lavery has plenty of previous in this type of behaviour and it happens far too often in GAA Games. The only medicine for him is to take him to court and then maybe individuals won't indulge in sneaky cheap shots.

Also let it be noted Neil Cousins saw the incident and let it go unpunished. An absolute disgrace.
Would a Kilcoo player do that?

Last Caress

Quote from: guevara on August 22, 2019, 01:34:42 AM

In that case should the same medicine not apply those players who indulge in all sneaky cheap shots

terrifictommy

Elk - Yes they would, is there not an ongoing case from last year involving Clonduff??

I can't believe the comments here - This type of action is not part of our loved game. If any of these alleged instances occurred it's indefensible, none of them cancel the other action out and all should be condoned.

And moving back to the siege mentality. Is it always Kilcoo. Nope. It's a wider issue.

champion1981

Has the kilcoo man involved in the court case  not transferred to st  brigids Belfast?? Though he was still a kilcoo player at the time, magpies wouldn't like that

terrifictommy

No big surprises in the results last night.

Predictions for weekend?