NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

How long did Clifford play that day?  Am I correct in saying he got injured a few minutes before the end of normal time?

inroundthesquare

Quote from: An Watcher on February 07, 2023, 07:09:13 PM
How long did Clifford play that day?  Am I correct in saying he got injured a few minutes before the end of normal time?

Played the full game. Didn't appear for extra time.

We were down 2 of our all-stars, including our best forward, for 2 separate 10 min periods in the second half.

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 07, 2023, 04:18:44 PM
Quote from: Ulster Frank on February 07, 2023, 03:31:22 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on February 07, 2023, 12:25:13 PM
Great performance by the Kerry full-forward line on Sunday.
Hard to see David Clifford getting his spot back now. Maybe he could do a job in midfield.

Kerry B team would win Division 2 and make last 8 of championship.  Jack could win next 4/5 All Irelands with Mayo and  the Dubs in transition.  Clifford will only get better in coming years.

Ah, your having a laugh. Rose tinted glasses and a skewed Kerry championship almost ensures Kerry Intermediate and Junior AI Club titles every year and makes the uneducated think that Kerry are stronger than they are. Monaghan are in decline and being down to 14 away is tough anywhere.
I'm not even going to mention the Donegal game.
Monaghan are in transition, not decline!!

Armagh18

Quote from: inroundthesquare on February 07, 2023, 07:18:03 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on February 07, 2023, 07:09:13 PM

Played the full game. Didn't appear for extra time.

We were down 2 of our all-stars, including our best forward, for 2 separate 10 min periods in the second half.
Yeah take nothing away from Tyrone that day, they really dug in and deserved the win against the odds, hats off as much as it pains me to say it. Although they've definitely gone backwards since then while Kerry have gotten stronger no doubt- Clifford is 2 years older and even better from then. Not saying Tyrone have no hope but they'd really need the stars to align and the rub of the green to beat Kerry again. Bar Dublin  I don't think anyone will this year. Would absolutely love to play them with both teams at full strength though !

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on February 07, 2023, 08:47:21 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 07, 2023, 04:18:44 PM
Hard to see David Clifford getting his spot back now. Maybe he could do a job in midfield.

Kerry B team would win Division 2 and make last 8 of championship.  Jack could win next 4/5 All Irelands with Mayo and  the Dubs in transition.  Clifford will only get better in coming years.

Ah, your having a laugh. Rose tinted glasses and a skewed Kerry championship almost ensures Kerry Intermediate and Junior AI Club titles every year and makes the uneducated think that Kerry are stronger than they are. Monaghan are in decline and being down to 14 away is tough anywhere.
I'm not even going to mention the Donegal game.
Monaghan are in transition, not decline!!
Monaghan are trans. So they have a new name. Cavan

blanketattack

Kerry B team would win Division 2 and make last 8 of championship. Jack could win next 4/5 All Irelands with Mayo and  the Dubs in transition.  Clifford will only get better in coming years.

Weren't they saying the same about Tyrone a year and a bit ago?
And potentially they still could (If 4/5 means 4 of the next 5).

Armagh18

Quote from: blanketattack on February 07, 2023, 09:25:02 PM

Kerry B team would win Division 2 and make last 8 of championship. Jack could win next 4/5 All Irelands with Mayo and  the Dubs in transition.  Clifford will only get better in coming years.

Weren't they saying the same about Tyrone a year and a bit ago?
And potentially they still could (If 4/5 means 4 of the next 5).
Who thought that about Tyrone? Was pretty inevitable that this Kerry side was going to win one sooner rather than later and likely a brave few more given the players they have!

Wildweasel74

Dublin still strong enough, stronger than there 00's teams. But I expect Kerry to win well this year, the first one the hardest to win. Need to look at their Midfield and not sure how a few of their forwards are starting and not Coming of the bench , couple of new lads might improve that. Armagh hasn't the defence, Mayo or Derry not the forwards. Monaghan /Donegal look poorer than last year, so that leaves Galway along with Tyrone. Galway don't look any better than last year, and who knows where Tyrone are excately at.

David McKeown

I think Kerry are definitely the team to beat but I don't think the gap is anywhere near as big as it was to Dublin during their period of dominance. Should be an excellent championship this year even if it's all over too soon
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Blowitupref

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 07, 2023, 10:49:17 PM
Was pretty inevitable that this Kerry side was going to win one sooner rather than later and likely a brave few more given the players they have!
Needed serious improvement defensively to win it and remains to be seen if they can stay as solid at the back as that more good scoring forwards will be required to win a few more in the next few years.

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 07, 2023, 10:55:36 PM
Dublin still strong enough, stronger than there 00's teams.
Dublin was so strong and successful because of their strength in depth they basically brought on like for like replacements. Unless they can find better bench options during this league campaign they could be getting closer to their 00's team.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 08, 2023, 12:08:12 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 07, 2023, 10:49:17 PM
Was pretty inevitable that this Kerry side was going to win one sooner rather than later and likely a brave few more given the players they have!
Needed serious improvement defensively to win it and remains to be seen if they can stay as solid at the back as that more good scoring forwards will be required to win a few more in the next few years.

Dublin still strong enough, stronger than there 00's teams.
Dublin was so strong and successful because of their strength in depth they basically brought on like for like replacements. Unless they can find better bench options during this league campaign they could be getting closer to their 00's team.
I don't think the young lads Dublin have are close to their great players they need to replace. Having said that, if McCaffrey, 'Mannion and Con are all fit and available they'll not be far away this year!

seafoid

Dublin still strong enough, stronger than there 00's teams. But I expect Kerry to win well this year, the first one the hardest to win. Need to look at their Midfield and not sure how a few of their forwards are starting and not Coming of the bench , couple of new lads might improve that. Armagh hasn't the defence, Mayo or Derry not the forwards. Monaghan /Donegal look poorer than last year, so that leaves Galway along with Tyrone. Galway don't look any better than last year, and who knows where Tyrone are excately at.
For Kerry the follow up is the hardest.

Orior

Quote from: Armamike on February 07, 2023, 04:53:58 PM
Like a lot of AI winning teams, Kerry could drop off a little this year due to injuries, fatigue, lack of hunger etc.  But then again, they might not.

Are you sure that you've covered all the options?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thewobbler

Move Clifford to any other the 6-7 challengers and they'd immediately become favourites for the AI.

Kerry are justifiable favs but their season depends on his healthy and form. Though let's be honest his form seems assured at all times.

An Fhairche Abu

Kerry might kick on now and become a great team but were there to be beaten last year. Dublin had a horror start to semi-final but were still there or thereabouts, if Con O'Callaghan was fit to play Kerry don't make the final. I think because the outcome eventually went as widely expected and predicted that people have forgot that a flawed enough Galway team were well in the final with a shot until the last 5 minutes, the margins were very tight, few less mistakes and one or two more players showing up better, it could be a different result.

Now that the burden is off them and they have the medals, the squad they have available compared to other counties, having Clifford etc. then you'd have to have them as favourites but if they play to the same levels as last year, they are not unbeatable.