supersub

Quote from: ned on August 15, 2013, 02:53:00 PM
Quote from: supersub on August 15, 2013, 01:57:47 PM
Quote from: ned on August 14, 2013, 06:34:37 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 14, 2013, 03:31:10 PM
Quote from: ned on August 14, 2013, 03:02:32 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 12, 2013, 03:27:43 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 12, 2013, 03:21:43 PM
As a Celtic man i think Liverpool are not that far away from competing for 4th spot, they need 3 signings (2 possibly if Suarez takes his teeth out of his hole), i know we beat you on Sat with a reserve team but if Suarez had been playing on sat the result would have been very different and don't forget Celtic keepers made some cracker saves too in that game (at least 5). Sturridge made a difference when he came on and we Coutinho is very good.

On a separate issue why were Pool very quiet on Sat...feckers hardly sang a song and left up to us to create an atmosphere ;)

If by atmosphere you mean turning your back to the game while jumping up and down like lunatics then fair enough....
I prefer to watch the games myself... ;)

YNWA was pretty awesome in fairness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKXBkr8zY3M

The reason for the subdued Liverpool fans is that none of them knew the songs. TV EPL fans!

Am I the only who dies a little inside when I hear that term!! Too much Fox Saccar mate!

Could have typed 'The Barclay's English Premier League as shown on Super Sky Sports Sundays' except I am a lazy sorta bassa and find English football as entertaining as fly fishing on TV a lot of the time.

Could have just said 'premiership' too.

And given most of them would have been from here, at touching £50 a ticket plus flights and accommodation if needed, you could forgive them for watching from home each week.

Could have said 'Premiership' but then again that could mean the SCOTTISH Premiership. More than English football out there. Celtic fans seemed to make a bit of racket despite being in the same boat as far as travel costs, ticket prices, etc are concerned. I can guarantee lots of the Liverpool fans at that game couldn't tell you much about Liverpool outside the first team and a few of the star players at that. Not really a criticism of these people or Liverpool FC as Celtic had their fair share of hangers on when Martin O'Neill was in charge. More just an observation of the type of fans who live in Ireland and follow an English team. Most of them are fair weather fans and may have even flitted between teams.

Indeed but you were responding and said yourself about Liverpool fans...Liverpool are in England.... so it would be pretty simple to make the connection as to which 'premiership' you were referring.

You reckon? You really think all of that is correct? You can sit there and tell me that all the Celtic supporters there were genuine followers of the celts for purely football reasons, have been and always will be, with a vast knowledge of the ins and outs of their first team squad and beyond? I highly doubt it. I would say there were a lot of Liverpool supporters who knew just as much if not more about their club as Celtic's. But it does bring me back to your/my point about TV EPL fans, you say they are in the same boat, is that so. I bought an LFC ticket for a mid week match in December at home to Norwich, hardly a glamour tie given time of week, year and opposition but yet it cost me £49 - Celtic's home game against Inverness next week or whenever it is costs £26 to buy...almost half the price, the other half could get you a night in a B&B or something, so you see it aint quite the same boat these fans are in. To get to an 'EPL' game from here is extortionate.

take_yer_points

Quote from: supersub on August 16, 2013, 09:26:36 AM
Indeed but you were responding and said yourself about Liverpool fans...Liverpool are in England.... so it would be pretty simple to make the connection as to which 'premiership' you were referring.

You reckon? You really think all of that is correct? You can sit there and tell me that all the Celtic supporters there were genuine followers of the celts for purely football reasons, have been and always will be, with a vast knowledge of the ins and outs of their first team squad and beyond? I highly doubt it. I would say there were a lot of Liverpool supporters who knew just as much if not more about their club as Celtic's. But it does bring me back to your/my point about TV EPL fans, you say they are in the same boat, is that so. I bought an LFC ticket for a mid week match in December at home to Norwich, hardly a glamour tie given time of week, year and opposition but yet it cost me £49 - Celtic's home game against Inverness next week or whenever it is costs £26 to buy...almost half the price, the other half could get you a night in a B&B or something, so you see it aint quite the same boat these fans are in. To get to an 'EPL' game from here is extortionate.

Out of interest, what are the other costs associated with a trip to Liverpool vs a trip to Glasgow? Are flights and hotels that much more expensive in Liverpool to consider it extortionate? Are there other expenses incurred in the stadium that make it extortionate such as a match program, food, etc...?

Bingo

Right saying as its all about to kick off, season predictions:

Liverpool - finish 5th, in with a chance of 4th if they start well but really need to add 2/3 first XI players ASAP - Left back, striker, wideman.

Champions: Chelsea, 2nd City, Third United, 4th Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool, toss of a coin and depends really on who leaves or who is bought.

Relegated - Palace, Hull, Southampton

Liverpool main man: Coutinho (then he'll look to leave next summer)
Most important man: Gerard - badly need a leader type figure
Surprise man: Ibe - the new Sterling without the children.

Talking point of the season - the pressure on Moyes.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on August 16, 2013, 09:49:52 AM
Right saying as its all about to kick off, season predictions:

Liverpool - finish 5th, in with a chance of 4th if they start well but really need to add 2/3 first XI players ASAP - Left back, striker, wideman.

Champions: Chelsea, 2nd City, Third United, 4th Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool, toss of a coin and depends really on who leaves or who is bought.

Relegated - Palace, Hull, Southampton

Liverpool main man: Coutinho (then he'll look to leave next summer)
Most important man: Gerard - badly need a leader type figure
Surprise man: Ibe - the new Sterling without the children.

Talking point of the season - the pressure on Moyes.

Would agree with much of what you said here, think Sours are currently a wee bit ahead of ourselves and Arsenal but if we get a good start to the season it will be interesting to see how they cope around their annual late season collapse, especially if they don't have Bale to fall back on.

The next 2 weeks will be interesting to see who comes in,  a lot of talk about Willian coming in to the PL with LFC already having expressed an interest.  Will Soldado replaces Bale's goals?  Will they be more balanced with their acquisitions?  Who knows, can Arsene pull another rabbit out of the hat or has his magic gone up in a puff of smoke?

laoislad

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

You heard it here first.  :D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebigfella

Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2013, 10:13:23 AM

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

Wise the fcuk up. This is very likely though if Spurs can hold onto Bale and Chelsea will walk it. I think this is one of the strongest Chelsea squads ever.

Chelsea
City
Spurs
United
Arsenal
Liverpool

Bensars

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

Laoislad ,You should have nipped  to the bookies and put that bet on !

EC Unique

Quote from: Bensars on August 16, 2013, 10:39:59 AM

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

You should have nipped  to the bookies and put that bet on, Laoislad !

I actually burst out laughing at that picture.

The fact that somebody thinks that Liverpool can finish ahead of Spurs Utd and arsenal is nearly as funny.

Bingo

Quote from: thebigfella on August 16, 2013, 10:38:08 AM

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

Wise the fcuk up. This is very likely though if Spurs can hold onto Bale and Chelsea will walk it. I think this is one of the strongest Chelsea squads ever. Chelsea
City
Spurs
United
Arsenal
Liverpool

Not so sure about that, Jose is still looking for his big signing ie Rooney or Eto'o. Its a very strong squad but I think City will be close, they've added very strongly to the squad, I think Chelsea will nip that mainly due to the Jose factor while City will have a new manager in place and one of his briefs may be to put a big push in for the CL.

blewuporstuffed

Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho on a season long-loan
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 16, 2013, 11:15:48 AM
Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho on a season long-loan

Good, new left back is badly needed. Strange its a loan deal, the feeling must be that Robinson will be ready in a year or so from his time at Blackpool. Or they have question marks over this guy.

blewuporstuffed

i think its a loan with open to buy, which makes sense if they think a that robinson might be ready to step up shortly.

I remember him at Lyon & porto in the CL and he look a really good player, although i think he has went off the boil a bit since his move to valencia.
I suppose the loan side of things eliminates the risk, they can take a chance that he might rediscover that previous form
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Loan to buy is the deal, they had been looking at Sigueira but the fee was too high from what I read.  If this deal works out right he is a better footballer than Enrique and it will give him a year to settle in, a year for Robbo to improve and also time to move Enrique out.  Also leaves the cash to do the real big deal of taking hopefully a Willian-type player in.

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 16, 2013, 11:33:53 AM
Loan to buy is the deal, they had been looking at Sigueira but the fee was too high from what I read.  If this deal works out right he is a better footballer than Enrique and it will give him a year to settle in, a year for Robbo to improve and also time to move Enrique out.  Also leaves the cash to do the real big deal of taking hopefully a Willian-type player in.

This could well be the sudden change in tact from the other guy.