The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 14, 2013, 03:42:32 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 14, 2013, 03:26:50 PM
Quote from: ludermor on August 14, 2013, 03:22:27 PM
Quote from: Bingo on August 14, 2013, 03:01:06 PM
Quote from: ludermor on August 14, 2013, 02:52:46 PM
I know a lot of people are admiring Brendan Rogers for his stance on Suarez but i really am not so sure, Arsenal offer £40m for him and that is a shitload of money for a brilliant but troublesome character. Whether they rejected this money because they want to hold onto the player for the term of his contract or if they were hoping to start a bidding war i dont know but if he doesn't leave this window then Liverpool are putting a lot of faith in him performing as he has done for  all the while knowing he wants to leave.
If he acts the **** for the next year what will liverpool get for him next summer?

I don't think this is about the money, well it is in another way. Arsenal and Spurs are likely to be Liverpools main rivals for 4th, if Liverpool can improve. Giving one of them Suarez would give them a great boast and goals. Replacing those goals is far from guaranteed no matter what money you have. Getting fourth is instantly worth €xxmillions plus easier to attract higher quality players, again saving money as you don't have to lure them with money.
But there is no guarantee that Suarez will score the goals either and could cause more disruption to the team if he stays. Getting £40m to spend ( with £20m profit)  would open a lot of options and Rogers has shown pretty good judgement in players.

Plus he is missing for how many games and in all likelihood will pick up a knock or two maybe miss another few games through that. Means he will more than likely only be available for over half the games in the season.

Or he could come back from injury completely refreshed and chomping at the bite (ignore the pun) and start scoring for fun!! Nothing in football is guaranteed, but I know which I think is most likely based on his ability. Plus what is the value of getting into the CL? 8-10M? You could be going a long way to handing that to Arsenal by letting him go there. To me it's a no brainer if arsenal is the only club involved.

30M I think.

supersarsfields

Just for group stages?? feck it shows how behind the times I've fallen!!  :)

Walter Cronc

Quote from: supersarsfields on August 14, 2013, 03:45:08 PM
Just for group stages?? feck it shows how behind the times I've fallen!!  :)

I think for last 16. Any of the top 6 in the Prem would make it that far you would think!

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteLiverpool have opened transfer talks with Anzhi over Brazilian winger Willian.

Liverpool are targeting Willian after Anzhi indicated they are willing to offload the Samba star just eight months after buying him from Shakhtar Donetsk for £32million as they slash costs.

Brendan Rodgers wants a marquee signing and has set his sights on Willian, who is also wanted by Tottenham, after failing to land Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Diego Costa.

The Reds are yet to talk figures and Anzhi would want to recoup most of the fee they paid for the 25-year-old Willian.

Liverpool would also have to pick up the former Corinthians star's £100,000-a-week wages.

This does not deter them and owners Fenway Sports Group have promised Rodgers they will bankroll a major signing to excite the fans and boost their Champions League hopes.

Liverpool's interest is not dependent on Luis Suarez's future and the club do not need to sell the Uruguayan to land Willian.

Wouldn't hold the breath just yet. Bound to be other interested parties.

ned

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 14, 2013, 03:31:10 PM
Quote from: ned on August 14, 2013, 03:02:32 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 12, 2013, 03:27:43 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 12, 2013, 03:21:43 PM
As a Celtic man i think Liverpool are not that far away from competing for 4th spot, they need 3 signings (2 possibly if Suarez takes his teeth out of his hole), i know we beat you on Sat with a reserve team but if Suarez had been playing on sat the result would have been very different and don't forget Celtic keepers made some cracker saves too in that game (at least 5). Sturridge made a difference when he came on and we Coutinho is very good.

On a separate issue why were Pool very quiet on Sat...feckers hardly sang a song and left up to us to create an atmosphere ;)

If by atmosphere you mean turning your back to the game while jumping up and down like lunatics then fair enough....
I prefer to watch the games myself... ;)

YNWA was pretty awesome in fairness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKXBkr8zY3M

The reason for the subdued Liverpool fans is that none of them knew the songs. TV EPL fans!

Am I the only who dies a little inside when I hear that term!! Too much Fox Saccar mate!

Could have typed 'The Barclay's English Premier League as shown on Super Sky Sports Sundays' except I am a lazy sorta bassa and find English football as entertaining as fly fishing on TV a lot of the time.

ludermor

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 14, 2013, 03:32:09 PM
Quote from: ludermor on August 14, 2013, 03:22:27 PM
Quote from: Bingo on August 14, 2013, 03:01:06 PM
Quote from: ludermor on August 14, 2013, 02:52:46 PM
I know a lot of people are admiring Brendan Rogers for his stance on Suarez but i really am not so sure, Arsenal offer £40m for him and that is a shitload of money for a brilliant but troublesome character. Whether they rejected this money because they want to hold onto the player for the term of his contract or if they were hoping to start a bidding war i dont know but if he doesn't leave this window then Liverpool are putting a lot of faith in him performing as he has done for  all the while knowing he wants to leave.
If he acts the **** for the next year what will liverpool get for him next summer?

I don't think this is about the money, well it is in another way. Arsenal and Spurs are likely to be Liverpools main rivals for 4th, if Liverpool can improve. Giving one of them Suarez would give them a great boast and goals. Replacing those goals is far from guarnateed no matter what money you have. Getting fourth is instantly worth €xxmillions plus easier to attract higher quality players, again saving money as you don't have to lure them with money.
But there is no guarantee that Suarez will score the goals either and could cause more disruption to the team if he stays. Getting £40m to spend ( with £20m profit)  would open a lot of options and Rogers has shown pretty good judgement in players.

He will be missing 6 games this coming season, he missed 5 last season and rarely gets injured so I can see him hitting 20+ goals comfortably.  The one thing about him is that he will generally give 100% no matter what and with it being a WC year and this being his last chance to secure a big move he will play as well as he possibly can.  Liverpool will be selling on their terms next time out and will dictate from the outset and I reckon they will get the £50m next season that they are set on.
all depends on him keeping form and focus, a lot to trust in someone who hasn't been trustworthy. How do we know the WC is si important to him? And what would he be less likely to get a big move next year, only the fee would be a lot less if he acted the maggot for the year. If Suarez has show n anything over the last year is that he is capable of doing absolutely anything!

BennyHarp

Looks like he's denied saying that he wanted to stay!

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/229927.html?CMP=OTC-RSS
That was never a square ball!!

Lecale2

I'm really tired of this. It looks nobody bar Aresnal want him and I doubt they really want him at all.
Are we going to have to listen to this to Christmas if he doesn't go in this window?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 14, 2013, 08:07:00 PM
I'm really tired of this. It looks nobody bar Aresnal want him and I doubt they really want him at all.
Are we going to have to listen to this to Christmas if he doesn't go in this window?
When if ever have Arsenal spent that amount of money on player? they are all for buying cheap and making a profit i thought.

supersub

Quote from: ned on August 14, 2013, 06:34:37 PM
As a Celtic man i think Liverpool are not that far away from competing for 4th spot, they need 3 signings (2 possibly if Suarez takes his teeth out of his hole), i know we beat you on Sat with a reserve team but if Suarez had been playing on sat the result would have been very different and don't forget Celtic keepers made some cracker saves too in that game (at least 5). Sturridge made a difference when he came on and we Coutinho is very good.

On a separate issue why were Pool very quiet on Sat...feckers hardly sang a song and left up to us to create an atmosphere ;)

If by atmosphere you mean turning your back to the game while jumping up and down like lunatics then fair enough....

The reason for the subdued Liverpool fans is that none of them knew the songs. TV EPL fans!

Am I the only who dies a little inside when I hear that term!! Too much Fox Saccar mate!

Could have typed 'The Barclay's English Premier League as shown on Super Sky Sports Sundays' except I am a lazy sorta bassa and find English football as entertaining as fly fishing on TV a lot of the time.

Could have just said 'premiership' too.

And given most of them would have been from here, at touching £50 a ticket plus flights and accommodation if needed, you could forgive them for watching from home each week.

ned

Quote from: supersub on August 15, 2013, 01:57:47 PM
Quote from: ned on August 14, 2013, 06:34:37 PM

And given most of them would have been from here, at touching £50 a ticket plus flights and accommodation if needed, you could forgive them for watching from home each week.

Could have said 'Premiership' but then again that could mean the SCOTTISH Premiership. More than English football out there. Celtic fans seemed to make a bit of racket despite being in the same boat as far as travel costs, ticket prices, etc are concerned. I can guarantee lots of the Liverpool fans at that game couldn't tell you much about Liverpool outside the first team and a few of the star players at that. Not really a criticism of these people or Liverpool FC as Celtic had their fair share of hangers on when Martin O'Neill was in charge. More just an observation of the type of fans who live in Ireland and follow an English team. Most of them are fair weather fans and may have even flitted between teams.

gawa316

Quote from: ludermor on August 14, 2013, 07:19:32 PM

How do we know the WC is si important to him?

You might want to take a look at the 2010 World Cup quarter final against Ghana to see how important it is to him.

Gabriel_Hurl

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23695857

QuoteLiverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he will not be making any more public comments over the future of striker Luis Suarez.

Suarez, 26, has been the subject of two bids from Arsenal and has publicly spoken of his desire to move to a club in the Champions League.

But Liverpool have insisted throughout the summer that he will not be sold.

"I won't be speaking any more about Luis Suarez until he is available [again from suspension]," Rodgers said.

"What I want to concentrate on is the players that are available for this weekend."

Captain Obvious

Quote from: supersub on August 15, 2013, 01:57:47 PM

Changed its name to Premier league in 2007, the premiership in England is the Rugby now.

orangeman

Has Saurez signed for the Gunners yet ?