The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

By Christmas, LFC will have a good idea if they are going to be close to the champions league spots, or at least contending. If they are not, sell him then, he can't be cup tied in Europe this year, and lets be honest , champions league doesn't really start until the last 16.

deiseach

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 09, 2013, 03:32:59 PM
By Christmas, LFC will have a good idea if they are going to be close to the champions league spots, or at least contending. If they are not, sell him then, he can't be cup tied in Europe this year, and lets be honest , champions league doesn't really start until the last 16.

That's a good point. I wouldn't want to be relying on it, but there might be a few clubs willing to go for broke at that stage. Then again, the vultures might be well and truly circling as Suarez's antics drive the price down still further :-\

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

T Fearon

laoislad

Downing having a medical at West Ham apparently.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on August 12, 2013, 11:38:54 AM

Classic from the game on Saturday. Was sitting with the wee lad, 5 year old, he absolutely loved it. Anyways he'd know alot of the players from his football cards, match programmes etc. Was talking about the game yesterday and asked me "Who was No.19 again", I said Downing and he replies "Thats right, Stupid Downing", I near crashed the car laughing, and said, "No, steward downing" and he said "everyone at match was calling him "Stupid Downing". I'm just glad he didn't pick up on the other stuff they where calling him!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on August 12, 2013, 11:43:10 AM

Classic from the game on Saturday. Was sitting with the wee lad, 5 year old, he absolutely loved it. Anyways he'd know alot of the players from his football cards, match programmes etc. Was talking about the game yesterday and asked me "Who was No.19 again", I said Downing and he replies "Thats right, Stupid Downing", I near crashed the car laughing, and said, "No, steward downing" and he said "everyone at match was calling him "Stupid Downing". I'm just glad he didn't pick up on the other stuff they where calling him!

f**king brutal so he is. Some people were saying they thought he played ok on Saturday!!!  We were down by the Celtic goals in the second half and there ere 2 occasions were he shithoused out of the ball when the tackle as coming in, maybe afraid of getting hurt and missing his 'dream move' to Fat Sam's WH party land!!!!BR better have a quality replacement coming in but something tells me it could be a Tom Ince type player.  Now don't get me wrong but I would like to see Ince come in and if he cost the £6m that Downing brings in then that would be great business but there needs to be a top winger to release Coutinho to play no 10.  He is a dandy wee player!!!

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 12, 2013, 11:50:21 AM

f**king brutal so he is. Some people were saying they thought he played ok on Saturday!!!  We were down by the Celtic goals in the second half and there ere 2 occasions were he shithoused out of the ball when the tackle as coming in, maybe afraid of getting hurt and missing his 'dream move' to Fat Sam's WH party land!!!!BR better have a quality replacement coming in but something tells me it could be a Tom Ince type player.  Now don't get me wrong but I would like to see Ince come in and if he cost the £6m that Downing brings in then that would be great business but there needs to be a top winger to release Coutinho to play no 10.  He is a dandy wee player!!!

Coutinho is great to watch, never stops moving either. I was confused with Allens role on Saturday, seemed to be too close to the No.10 role and in the way. Not sure him, Gerard, Lucas and Coutinho work in the same area.

A few Celtic supporters round me stood and applauded when Downing went off  :) He defo pulled out of a few and give ball away far too often. Him out and Ince would be positive alright.

I see Loughie done you again yesterday  ;)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on August 12, 2013, 12:03:32 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 12, 2013, 11:50:21 AM

Coutinho is great to watch, never stops moving either. I was confused with Allens role on Saturday, seemed to be too close to the No.10 role and in the way. Not sure him, Gerard, Lucas and Coutinho work in the same area.

A few Celtic supporters round me stood and applauded when Downing went off  :) He defo pulled out of a few and give ball away far too often. Him out and Ince would be positive alright.

I see Loughie done you again yesterday  ;)

Black mood today >:(

illdecide

As a Celtic man i think Liverpool are not that far away from competing for 4th spot, they need 3 signings (2 possibly if Suarez takes his teeth out of his hole), i know we beat you on Sat with a reserve team but if Suarez had been playing on sat the result would have been very different and don't forget Celtic keepers made some cracker saves too in that game (at least 5). Sturridge made a difference when he came on and we Coutinho is very good.

On a separate issue why were Pool very quiet on Sat...feckers hardly sang a song and left up to us to create an atmosphere ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on August 12, 2013, 03:21:43 PM
As a Celtic man i think Liverpool are not that far away from competing for 4th spot, they need 3 signings (2 possibly if Suarez takes his teeth out of his hole), i know we beat you on Sat with a reserve team but if Suarez had been playing on sat the result would have been very different and don't forget Celtic keepers made some cracker saves too in that game (at least 5). Sturridge made a difference when he came on and we Coutinho is very good.

On a separate issue why were Pool very quiet on Sat...feckers hardly sang a song and left up to us to create an atmosphere ;)

If by atmosphere you mean turning your back to the game while jumping up and down like lunatics then fair enough....
I prefer to watch the games myself... ;)

YNWA was pretty awesome in fairness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKXBkr8zY3M
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Apparently so

I think you`s still need a top striker and maybe another top CB but Liverpool will definitely be pushing for the top 4 this season and without doubt will be the best team to watch in England. Wee Coutinho will run riot imo

Decent enough game on Saturday with a good result for us  :) Atmosphere was grand and the fans got on well with each other as usual. Liverpool the better team but Zaluska and our youngsters equipped themselves very well