The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Why did I book a round of golf the same morning the league starts?  >:(

ned

Quote from: take_yer_points on August 16, 2013, 09:41:54 AM
Quote from: supersub on August 16, 2013, 09:26:36 AM
Indeed but you were responding and said yourself about Liverpool fans...Liverpool are in England.... so it would be pretty simple to make the connection as to which 'premiership' you were referring.

You reckon? You really think all of that is correct? You can sit there and tell me that all the Celtic supporters there were genuine followers of the celts for purely football reasons, have been and always will be, with a vast knowledge of the ins and outs of their first team squad and beyond? I highly doubt it. I would say there were a lot of Liverpool supporters who knew just as much if not more about their club as Celtic's. But it does bring me back to your/my point about TV EPL fans, you say they are in the same boat, is that so. I bought an LFC ticket for a mid week match in December at home to Norwich, hardly a glamour tie given time of week, year and opposition but yet it cost me £49 - Celtic's home game against Inverness next week or whenever it is costs £26 to buy...almost half the price, the other half could get you a night in a B&B or something, so you see it aint quite the same boat these fans are in. To get to an 'EPL' game from here is extortionate.

Out of interest, what are the other costs associated with a trip to Liverpool vs a trip to Glasgow? Are flights and hotels that much more expensive in Liverpool to consider it extortionate? Are there other expenses incurred in the stadium that make it extortionate such as a match program, food, etc...?

I paid £28 for a ticket for my last game last season at Celtic Park, so to follow Liverpool costs around about £21 difference. Add in associated costs and the difference will not be that great % wise. I reckon travelling to Glasgow from Ireland on a day trip for a match would cost £150 all in, so to Liverpool would be £21 more or £171 i.e. over the course of a season a Celtic fan could afford 7 matches to 6 for the Liverpool fan (approximately). Forgiving the fag packet maths. Also forgive me if I'm wrong but the original argument was about why the Liverpool fans were so quiet compared to the 'Tic fans.

Puckoon

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 16, 2013, 02:19:12 PM
Why did I book a round of golf the same morning the league starts?  >:(

Where ya playing?

supersub

Quote from: ned on August 16, 2013, 10:32:47 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on August 16, 2013, 09:41:54 AM
Quote from: supersub on August 16, 2013, 09:26:36 AM
Indeed but you were responding and said yourself about Liverpool fans...Liverpool are in England.... so it would be pretty simple to make the connection as to which 'premiership' you were referring.

You reckon? You really think all of that is correct? You can sit there and tell me that all the Celtic supporters there were genuine followers of the celts for purely football reasons, have been and always will be, with a vast knowledge of the ins and outs of their first team squad and beyond? I highly doubt it. I would say there were a lot of Liverpool supporters who knew just as much if not more about their club as Celtic's. But it does bring me back to your/my point about TV EPL fans, you say they are in the same boat, is that so. I bought an LFC ticket for a mid week match in December at home to Norwich, hardly a glamour tie given time of week, year and opposition but yet it cost me £49 - Celtic's home game against Inverness next week or whenever it is costs £26 to buy...almost half the price, the other half could get you a night in a B&B or something, so you see it aint quite the same boat these fans are in. To get to an 'EPL' game from here is extortionate.

Out of interest, what are the other costs associated with a trip to Liverpool vs a trip to Glasgow? Are flights and hotels that much more expensive in Liverpool to consider it extortionate? Are there other expenses incurred in the stadium that make it extortionate such as a match program, food, etc...?

I paid £28 for a ticket for my last game last season at Celtic Park, so to follow Liverpool costs around about £21 difference. Add in associated costs and the difference will not be that great % wise. I reckon travelling to Glasgow from Ireland on a day trip for a match would cost £150 all in, so to Liverpool would be £21 more or £171 i.e. over the course of a season a Celtic fan could afford 7 matches to 6 for the Liverpool fan (approximately). Forgiving the fag packet maths. Also forgive me if I'm wrong but the original argument was about why the Liverpool fans were so quiet compared to the 'Tic fans.

Indeed and the match in question v Norwich is a category c match which is the cheapest pool ticket. My point still stands that the price of getting to a Liverpool (EPL) game is extortionate, especially if you are wanting to do it regularly. Your original point I picked up on was actually about typical 'tv EPL fans' so not so much comparing them with Celtic however I have illustrated the difference in ticketing costs which is quite large. Of course this all doesn't mean Celtic/Glasgow is a cheap weekend away, but it does show how the price of English premier league games would deter a lot of fans here from going over regularly.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: thebigfella on August 16, 2013, 12:32:17 PM
Doesn't need a big signing IMO. Look at the amount of talent and internationals available in midfield alone. If you were to look for potential PFA/FWA player of the year; Chelsea have potentially 5 or 6 players you could put money on. Except for maybe City, the rest would be very predictable; VP, Suarez, Bale.....

Mata,Hazard and who else?  The appointment of Jose will bring out the best in Chelsea.

Minus15

15 Mins to go and the new season excitement has kicked in. Hopefully it isn't an anti-climax come 3pm.

Liverpool should have too much for Stoke here.

laoislad

get in Sturridge!

Had just said to myself they are trying to walk the ball into the net and then first proper shot from outside the box and they score!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minus15

Been decent without being spectacular. Very fast start which is good to see against inferior opposition. Need a second goal as soon as possible because Stoke look dangerous at set pieces. A  hairy moments from Mignolet so far. Looks a bit nervous. Toure been very good and Aspas too. Need much more from Henderson.

GalwayBayBoy

Game would be long over only for some brilliant saves from Begovic. Just hope there isn't a sting in the tail later.

The Worker

Tony Baloney

laoislad

Fcuk me what a nervy last 20mins.They just stopped playing and invited Stoke onto them.
Thanks be to jaysis the penalty was saved.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea