Ulster Workers Strike 2024

Started by trailer, January 15, 2024, 12:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

There's a lot of pressure being exerted trying to get the Secretary of State to decouple the PS pay awards from the £3.3bn to restore Stormont. If the SOS does that, Thursday is cancelled in an instant, but he thinks increasing political pressure is being applied to the DUP  - it isn't,  they dont care - as we all know the DUP would sit by and watch NI burn to the ground to save the Union. If the SOS has any brains he will let the pay awards proceed without Stormont restoration, but he's a dick, so probably not.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2024, 03:42:58 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2024, 03:34:45 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 15, 2024, 03:20:56 PMI see they are now suspending gritting for a full week. And the weather forecast is for snow and ice! It's gonna be madness on the roads.

A strike that'll actually be felt!

Aye be felt alright when you drive into a tree... They'll get little sympathy when the first road death due to untreated roads hits the headlines
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 15, 2024, 03:43:07 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 15, 2024, 03:20:56 PMI see they are now suspending gritting for a full week. And the weather forecast is for snow and ice! It's gonna be madness on the roads.

Ah here. That's disgraceful. This will cause deaths and for what? A pound or two extra an hour?
Hopefully the anger is directed to the right people, not the ordinary workers. No better way to show they're worth paying properly.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2024, 04:59:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2024, 03:42:58 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2024, 03:34:45 PM

A strike that'll actually be felt!

Aye be felt alright when you drive into a tree... They'll get little sympathy when the first road death due to untreated roads hits the headlines
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 15, 2024, 03:43:07 PM

Ah here. That's disgraceful. This will cause deaths and for what? A pound or two extra an hour?
Hopefully the anger is directed to the right people, not the ordinary workers. No better way to show they're worth paying properly.

Aye, I'm sure the families of ones killed on ungritted roads will sympathise with the workers

Seriously? You're fucked in the head if you think for a second (hopefully it never happens) that the anger will be directed elsewhere.

They ain't doing it over money btw
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronSports

The reality is the direction of the blame will be guided by the media and they're bought and paid for by the scum who are refusing to give working people respectable pay increases. People have had enough.

marty34

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 15, 2024, 01:48:28 PMI've the MoT on Thurs, do I even bother washing the car? What's me chances sages of the board

You mightn't even get to it as the gritter lads are going on strike also.

Armagh18

Quote from: SaffronSports on January 15, 2024, 05:30:45 PMThe reality is the direction of the blame will be guided by the media and they're bought and paid for by the scum who are refusing to give working people respectable pay increases. People have had enough.
Anyone with a braincell will know to blame the usual suspect i.e. the DUP and Tories.

Kidder81

Quote from: marty34 on January 15, 2024, 06:00:32 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 15, 2024, 01:48:28 PMI've the MoT on Thurs, do I even bother washing the car? What's me chances sages of the board

MOT inspectors are civil servants so they will be on strike

Tony Baloney

All these people have free will and can leave for better paid jobs elsewhere if they feel so strongly about it. I wonder what is stopping them?  ::)

JoG2

The Tory media are doing a fine job by the looks of it

marty34

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 15, 2024, 06:11:46 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 15, 2024, 06:00:32 PM

MOT inspectors are civil servants so they will be on strike

It's so hard to get a MOT appointment.

When you log on almost 3/4 of the centres have no dates available while the other 1/4 is up to May time.

Ironically enough, you can get one for today, 15th Jan. Probably a late cancellation.

Armagh18

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 15, 2024, 06:13:05 PMAll these people have free will and can leave for better paid jobs elsewhere if they feel so strongly about it. I wonder what is stopping them?  ::)
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2024, 06:20:45 PMThe Tory media are doing a fine job by the looks of it

Seem to be.

What do we do when they all leave for better jobs? Don't think robots can take over just yet.

imtommygunn

There's a website that promises to get you an MOT within your date for 12.99. I wonder is that the cause of it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2024, 06:40:57 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 15, 2024, 06:13:05 PMAll these people have free will and can leave for better paid jobs elsewhere if they feel so strongly about it. I wonder what is stopping them?  ::)
Quote from: JoG2 on January 15, 2024, 06:20:45 PMThe Tory media are doing a fine job by the looks of it

Seem to be.

What do we do when they all leave for better jobs? Don't think robots can take over just yet.
But we aren't in that position nor will we ever be in that position. There has to be some reason why people who are absolutely in dire straits through terrible pay and conditions (according to reports) don't think "enough of this" and apply for jobs elsewhere.

Duine Inteacht Eile

What did your wife say when you asked her?

bennydorano

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 15, 2024, 06:56:18 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 15, 2024, 06:40:57 PM

Seem to be.

But we aren't in that position nor will we ever be in that position. There has to be some reason why people who are absolutely in dire straits through terrible pay and conditions (according to reports) don't think "enough of this" and apply for jobs elsewhere.
Said that to your wife?