weekly horse bet
3 (3.3%)
football and horses frequently
21 (23.3%)
anything that moves whenever, wherever
7 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 90

general_lee

With Benny on this one, sorta. I'd use cash out on bigger accums say whenever I've a couple of quid left over in the account I'd stick it on 10/12 teams for the craic.  If most selections are winning I'd cash out if there's decent enough profit to be had because I haven't the patience to wait to the end. 

Esmarelda

Anyone do much in-game betting on soccer? You can get decent odds on the better teams to when they fall behind if you're patient enough to wait until about 20 minutes to go.

Hardy

You can solve the cash-out conundrum by boycotting the bookies and betting with Betfair. Betfair also offers cash-out in play, but a better option, if the in-play trend is favourable, is to lay your own bet to get the maximum guaranteed return.

It can be a bit complicated to work this out on the fly if you want to get on before the trend reverses. My solution (when I used to bet somewhat seriously) was to have a spreadsheet with the first (back) bet stake and odds in place. Then you enter the current lay odds in a cell and a formula gives you the optimum lay stake.

Taylor

Quote from: bennydorano on May 01, 2018, 06:03:37 PM
Better playing the percentages/ proceeding with caution than  blowing your load and facing the consequences in 9 months :)

Arc here now lads.....if that's all he wanted what's the point in entering in the first place  :P

Milltown Row2

Cashed out tonight, before Bayern scored to make it 2-2
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Insane Bolt on May 17, 2018, 07:44:46 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44148285

Glad to see that to be honest.
Those fixed odds machines are the real plague when it comes to gambling addiction
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hardy

They need to be banned altogether. It's legalised robbery.

Minder

Quote from: Hardy on May 17, 2018, 08:54:14 AM

Unsurprisingly the bookmakers are threatening thousands of job losses if this comes into effect
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Ethan Tremblay

I seen a friend blowing £300 pound in about 5 minutes on those machines going at £25 a spin, he was only 17 at the time.  That being said, had it been £2 only he still would have lost that £300, just would have taken him a bit longer.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

TabClear

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on May 17, 2018, 09:19:03 AM
I seen a friend blowing £300 pound in about 5 minutes on those machines going at £25 a spin, he was only 17 at the time.  That being said, had it been £2 only he still would have lost that £300, just would have taken him a bit longer.

Thats still an improvement in my book. More opportunity for him to come to his senses or staff to have a word.

I was in Vegas a few years ago and remember taking a wander through the VIP/High Limit slots section of the Venetian. I think the limit was $5000 per spin!

screenexile

Did I read somewhere that gambling on sports is now going to be legal throughout America??!!!

That will definitely kick things up a notch!!!

trailer

People need to take personal responsibility. Drink, drugs, gambling. Everything is addictive. Children should be taught self control. That ability to know when enough is enough.

sensethetone

The new regulation can't get implemented in the north as there is no devolved government to enforce it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on May 17, 2018, 08:57:22 AM
Quote from: Hardy on May 17, 2018, 08:54:14 AM

Unsurprisingly the bookmakers are threatening thousands of job losses if this comes into effect

Job losses? Is that the people who make them and maintain the MACHINES?

The machines will still be made and maintained elswhere, unless they employed someone to turn them off and on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea