AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: armaghniac on August 08, 2017, 01:21:26 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on August 08, 2017, 12:54:39 PM
There are always gonna be young ones acting the eejit going to games, just as you're always gonna have Cavan and Moanaghan ones whinging about Tyrone.

Did  you ever hear of Cavan and Monaghan ones wrecking a train?

Cavan people pay for a train ticket?  ;D

Itchy

Quote from: MasterShake on August 08, 2017, 12:41:43 PM
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/security-review-as-match-train-is-damaged-1.276439

I'll just park this here.

Very sad to see that too. I suppose that justifies Tyrone and Armagh doing it in future so fire away lads and may the best thug win.

Taylor

I suspect Itchy is on the wind up.

How can someone from Cavan preach about anything given some of their past behaviours

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Taylor on August 08, 2017, 01:29:03 PM
I suspect Itchy is on the wind up.

How can someone from Cavan preach about anything given some of their past behaviours

He's blotted Cavan's transgressions out of his mind and is pleading Whataboutery.

LurganHoop

There is really very little that either county board can do about this incident, however I do think they should issue a statement condemning it.
Reading fans of other counties talk about incidents involving Armagh & Tyrone fans over the years (some as far back as 17 years ago!) is really quite ridiculous...I could recount many incidents over the years where I have seen fans of other counties acting the drunken maggot including Derry lads at the first round of the Championship last year against Tyrone where a group of lads who had clearly been out on the lash from the night before proceeded to call just about every Tyrone player all the c**nts of the day (they were completely stinking too). Thankfully they left before the first half ended. Could talk about similar incidents with Cavan, Down, Fermanagh, Meath, Laois and Dublin fans. Maybe it is more prominent with Armagh & Tyrone because they bring a significantly larger support than most other counties (obviously barring Dublin). It would be great if these lads stayed away (like they do until we have a game in Croke Park) but unfortunately I can't see anything changing
The big problem is that in this country just about every big event is turned into a complete piss up. The footage from the train could have been taken in any town across the country on a Saturday night I have no doubt.

Dire Ear

There are always gonna be young ones acting the eejit going to games, just as you're always gonna have Cavan and Moanaghan ones whinging about Tyrone.

who wrecked a train?

punt kick

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 08, 2017, 01:49:40 PM

who wrecked a train?

I heard they tipped it over and set it on fire, then proceeded to torch the train station.

punt kick

Quote from: LurganHoop on August 08, 2017, 01:45:22 PM
There is really very little that either county board can do about this incident, however I do think they should issue a statement condemning it.
Reading fans of other counties talk about incidents involving Armagh & Tyrone fans over the years (some as far back as 17 years ago!) is really quite ridiculous...I could recount many incidents over the years where I have seen fans of other counties acting the drunken maggot including Derry lads at the first round of the Championship last year against Tyrone where a group of lads who had clearly been out on the lash from the night before proceeded to call just about every Tyrone player all the c**nts of the day (they were completely stinking too). Thankfully they left before the first half ended. Could talk about similar incidents with Cavan, Down, Fermanagh, Meath, Laois and Dublin fans. Maybe it is more prominent with Armagh & Tyrone because they bring a significantly larger support than most other counties (obviously barring Dublin). It would be great if these lads stayed away (like they do until we have a game in Croke Park) but unfortunately I can't see anything changing
The big problem is that in this country just about every big event is turned into a complete piss up. The footage from the train could have been taken in any town across the country on a Saturday night I have no doubt.

That long - was football even invented then?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

punt kick

lurganblue

Quote from: OakleafCounty on August 08, 2017, 12:28:24 PM
This kind of thing is nothing new. It was just filmed. I seen on Facebook Joe.ie had the video of Armagh and Tyrone fans dancing with the status say: "this is why GAA is the greatest sport in the world". Aye fans being intoxicated acting like idiots is what makes the GAA.

There's always been a drunken element within the mostly good natured Tyrone and Armagh fans in the summer. The Ulster final in I think 99 when Armagh beat Derry in a great game was a particular highlight where we were surrounded by Armagh fans I think from Lurgan. The shite we listened to from start to finish on the Hill in Clones was unreal. If it was soccer fans they'd be referred to as hooligans.

2000 i think that final was. Jaysus the lurgan ones are getting a quare tarring here though.  It's all the buckfast's fault.

APM

Quote from: punt kick on August 08, 2017, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: LurganHoop on August 08, 2017, 01:45:22 PM

That long - was football even invented then?

Anyone remember an incident in Clones - Qualifier match - possibly 2001 / 2002 - Derry v Dublin.  Drunk Dublin fan decides to streak across the pitch, gets as far as the bottom of the hill and then goes onto relieve himself up against the fence. Think he got a couple of skelps for his trouble! 

Keyser soze

How are people who are clearly very heavily intoxicated being allowed access to grounds. Maybe if the GAA would address this rather than spending so much time and effort stopping sober fans accessing the pitch after the game it might be safer for all concerned.

I remember a couple of Galway fellas in 2001 sitting behind me in the top tier of the Cusack and they were completely plastered,  one of them fell forward over 2 rows of seats in front of him [luckily empty seats] when he went to stand up, luckily he wasn't anywhere near the front row.