Drumanee 1

simple minds,live in the city of light
inxs,not sure of the title
u2,under a blood red sky

Mentalman

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Louth Exile

Forgot about some of the other great live albums that have been mentioned:
Frames - Set List, very defenitely a band that are ten times better live than in the studio and great album
Christy Moore - Live at the Point
AC/DC - If you want blood you got it (THE version of whole lotta rosie with Angus, Angus...)

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

bingobus

Personally, I really enjoyed the Bruce Springsteen Seger Sessions Live in the Point.

Some great tunes and a great mix of music with an army of Musicans on stage.

downredblack

See you up there  SLF . Suspect Device / Alternative Ulster brilliant live .
Dance Craze ... Bit of live SKA hard to whack  8)
Christy at the Point ... I can fair murder Black is the colour after a few gargles  ::)
Under a blood red sky ... Class album ok . This  song is not a rebel song etc

SammyG

Can't believe how many people have gone for Under a Blood Red Sky. I love U2, have all their albums and have seen them dozens of times but UBRS was shite. Badly produced, poor sound quality, no atmosphere. I've got bootlegs that were recorded on crappy walkman cassettes that sound better.

downredblack

Maybe its nostalgia Sammy , haven't heard it in years but I remember playing it to death back in the 80's and look back at those times fondly .

Great Leap Forward

Bob Dylan's live albums can go from one extreme to the other.

The 'Royal Albert Hall' concert is excellent and is worth having because it is one of the most infamous concerts in the history of music thanks to the notorious 'Judas' chant.

On the other hand 'Live at the Budokan' is the biggest pile of shite you will hear. It sounded more like 'Live in Las Vegas' thanks to the cheesy arrangements. I am sure there are Dylan fans out there who like it but I have yet to meet one.

behind the wire

Puckoon, 2006 Christy at the point isnt as good as the original live at the point. i was at the concert in the point, although it was good i didnt think it was christy at his best.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Hardy

Rolling back the years more than most here, but the first three that spring to my mind are:

Stones - Get Yer Yayas Out - Madison Square Garden 1970-ish
The Band and guests - The Last Waltz 1979
George Harrison and guests - Concert for Bangladesh, 1969?

gander

Guns N Roses - live era, its a cracking album with nearly all their songs.  Bullet in a Bible by green day is pretty good as well.

Puckoon

Quote from: behind the wire on November 02, 2007, 02:19:01 PM
Puckoon, 2006 Christy at the point isnt as good as the original live at the point. i was at the concert in the point, although it was good i didnt think it was christy at his best.

I prefer it. It depends what you are looking for. Being a folk singer/songwriter I love that there are so many songs on there that require an audience to listen. Some of them are very very powerful numbers.

Hattie carroll
Burning times
sacco and vanzetti
Hiroshima Nagasaki
to name a few.

Im all for what he did with cabaret, joxer, casey, delerium tremens and so on, it was fun - but ultimately not my cup of tea.

They  are two very different albums, highlighting the change in the mans career. He hated his music back in the orginal point album days, he wasnt happy. Now hes sittin there singing the songs that mean the most to him. I think its very raw and a great album.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Puckoon on November 02, 2007, 02:29:40 PM
They  are two very different albums, highlighting the change in the mans career. He hated his music back in the orginal point album days, he wasnt happy. Now hes sittin there singing the songs that mean the most to him. I think its very raw and a great album.

He was a sour git back then and he's a sour git now!! Went to see him in the Point myself during that run of shows that the original album came from and he could be moody enough on stage I tell you. Hes an auld crank.
Mind you, he's not a patch on Van the Man for pure ignorance  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

turk

I'd mention Rory Gallagher's Live in Europe and his next one, Irish tour

Puckoon

Quote from: Louth Exile on November 02, 2007, 02:34:19 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on November 02, 2007, 02:29:40 PM

He was a sour git back then and he's a sour git now!! Went to see him in the Point myself during that run of shows that the original album came from and he could be moody enough on stage I tell you. Hes an auld crank.
Mind you, he's not a patch on Van the Man for pure ignorance  :D

Hes moody alright. Not as bad as the brother though. Luka bloom will refuse to play a song if its requested (even if he planned to play it on his set list).
Still however, christys new album has given me alot of great songs and introduced me to alot of great song writers (as most of them arent his).