Building a house

Started by JimStynes, February 26, 2011, 04:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

townof12

Yes, invest in the insulation but why then put big holes in the wall for extractor fans etc.  I put the heat recovery in, and while it is working away quietly you may think it is doing little, but the house is pretty much airtight, fresh and warm.  I would recommend it.

blewuporstuffed

How long is planning permission valid for once it is granted?(in the north)
When is this date taken from, the date of application of the date of DOE decison?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 29, 2014, 10:03:28 AM
When is this date taken from, the date of application of the date of DOE decison?

The first condition on the decision notice usually relates to the time.  The date is taken from when the decision notice was signed. There should be a date on the back page.

balladmaker

Looking at getting a driveway laid, either tarmac or asphalt, though would ideally like asphalt.  Had a fella out pricing it, and he was pushing SMA (Stone Mastic Asphalt).  Does anyone have any experience of it? 

Have an area of approx. 400 sq metres to cover and getting some wild variations in prices.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 29, 2014, 10:28:28 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 29, 2014, 10:03:28 AM

The first condition on the decision notice usually relates to the time.  The date is taken from when the decision notice was signed. There should be a date on the back page.
i dont have the decision notice, this is a site i was lookinga t and i was just wondering when the planning lapses on it.when i go onto the planning portal online it gives the application date & the date of DOE approval
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

balladmaker

Quotei dont have the decision notice, this is a site i was lookinga t and i was just wondering when the planning lapses on it.when i go onto the planning portal online it gives the application date & the date of DOE approval

I'd give them a call, it's an important question you're asking and requires an accurate answer.  Planning will be able to tell you in 2 secs.

WeeDonns

A handy site for looking at recent planning apps (NI) is http://www.geopii.com/planning/
It's good for checking local applications via a map rather than on the ni planning portal site which is kinda crap

*Also useful for nosey neighbours and house buyers to see what applications have been submitted nearby

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: WeeDonns on September 29, 2014, 12:04:31 PM
A handy site for looking at recent planning apps (NI) is http://www.geopii.com/planning/
It's good for checking local applications via a map rather than on the ni planning portal site which is kinda crap

*Also useful for nosey neighbours and house buyers to see what applications have been submitted nearby

yeah , thats the site i used in teh first place. Usefull for seeing what sites are passed in the local area

blewuporstuffed

What work needs to be carried out on a site in order for the planning to still be considered valid?
does concrete need to be poured or is it enough for the entrance to be made and the topsoil to be cleared?

Hereiam

You need the foundations in and building control out so that there is a record of when it started.

FL/MAYO

Whats the cost per square feet to build a house in the Mayo area these days? We will be moving back in a few years so its time to start planning, we hope to live in the Westport area.

Hereiam

4 bags of good black turf/sq.ft    :P :P :P :P :P

Denn Forever

Quote from: FL/MAYO on September 29, 2014, 01:07:51 PM
Whats the cost per square feet to build a house in the Mayo area these days? We will be moving back in a few years so its time to start planning, we hope to live in the Westport area.

Does it have to be newly built house?  Look up Daft,ie to see what's out there e.g.

http://www.daft.ie/sales/killawalla-westport-mayo/995314/
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 29, 2014, 02:25:20 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on September 29, 2014, 01:07:51 PM

Does it have to be newly built house?  Look up Daft,ie to see what's out there e.g.

http://www.daft.ie/sales/killawalla-westport-mayo/995314/

Killawalla is a bit far out for us. We would like to be within 3 miles of the town. I have kept an eye on Daft for the last couple of years and have only seen a couple of houses that would meet our needs i.e location, style of house and cost. Keeping all options open.

macdanger2

Have you a site FL?? Some crazy money being asked for small plots there on daft, 50-100k for less than an acre