China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 18, 2021, 11:29:28 PM
Further lockdowns even with vaccination
3 months ago all we heard from the health experts were science and vaccines will win
Now vaccines are here it's now changed
You couldn't make this up

Did you think everyone would get vaccinated in a few weeks and everything goes back to normal? How long do you think the vaccination process should take?

imtommygunn

QuoteToday there 104 ICU patients across NI against the longterm funded staffing for 72.
Of these 104, 65 are COVID-19 . So we are currently almost filling our normal ICU capacity with just critically ill COVID-19 patients, whilst naturally need continues for other critically patients to be admitted with a range of other diseases.

From...

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10225406918227807&set=a.1273679329990

Franko I am pretty sure that source is reputable enough so should give some answer round ICU capacity etc.

Smurfy123

No I don't expect things to get back to normal but when the health minister states yesterday that's when the top 4 cohorts are done by mid February deaths will drop 88% and hospital admissions at least 55% I do think we should be loosening up
Do you want us locked down longer than we need to be?

Angelo

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 18, 2021, 11:29:28 PM
Further lockdowns even with vaccination
3 months ago all we heard from the health experts were science and vaccines will win
Now vaccines are here it's now changed
You couldn't make this up

I predicted this months back.

Eventually the slow learners will get on board.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Until a significant percentage of the population of any country is vaccinated you can't open up as normal. The age of hospital admissions has lowered and covid patients in hospital are no longer just the elderly.

While some posters believe covid is no threat to anyone under 40 the numbers who are currently in hospital would show this clearly isn't the case.

You can't expect any government to make any statement today on what they plan to do in a months time as things can change so quickly. You only have to look at what happened in Ireland over christmas to see that. At the end of the month the government will review things to see where we are and hopefully an easing of restrictions.

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on January 19, 2021, 09:53:14 AM

While some posters believe covid is no threat to anyone under 40 the numbers who are currently in hospital would show this clearly isn't the case.

It is statistically proven - 3 deaths from 46k cases in the north.

A 0.0064% fatality rate.

So quit pedalling misinformation.

Smurfy123

Dublin a few extra under 40 are in hospital and what
That happens. They go in get treatment and leave. That's normal so stop using that one constantly
Nobody under 40 are dyin
The hospital numbers in both north and south are now dropping
You read any article this time of year and year this last 10 years and hospitals are always under severe pressure
When the top 4 cohorts are vaccinated why should lockdown continue?
Remember we were told in March 3 weeks to protect the nhs

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 19, 2021, 10:12:21 AM
That happens. They go in get treatment and leave. That's normal so stop using that one constantly
Nobody under 40 are dyin
You read any article this time of year and year this last 10 years and hospitals are always under severe pressure

Im sure there would be some sort of relaxations after the 4 groups get theirs. However some experts are still adamant that at least 80% of the population needs vaccinated to truly get rid. Un-leashing the 'non vulnerable' could lead to more mutations?

Angelo

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 19, 2021, 10:28:53 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 19, 2021, 10:12:21 AM
Nobody under 40 are dyin

Im sure there would be some sort of relaxations after the 4 groups get theirs. However some experts are still adamant that at least 80% of the population needs vaccinated to truly get rid. Un-leashing the 'non vulnerable' could lead to more mutations?

Are these the same experts who were predicting 15k deaths in the north?

Why the constant fear mongering and misinformation by "experts"?

The data clearly shows us that people who are elderly and in poor health do have significant risk from the virus. If you're fit and healthy you have little to fear from it - but the narrative been spun by governments, health officials and media outlets is in direct contrast to the data. 95% of deaths are over the age of 60, 93% have underlying health conditions.

Franko

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2021, 09:05:03 AM
QuoteToday there 104 ICU patients across NI against the longterm funded staffing for 72.
Of these 104, 65 are COVID-19 . So we are currently almost filling our normal ICU capacity with just critically ill COVID-19 patients, whilst naturally need continues for other critically patients to be admitted with a range of other diseases.

From...

Franko I am pretty sure that source is reputable enough so should give some answer round ICU capacity etc.

Cheers imtommygunn.

So from this we are WAY over what would be deemed 'normal' capacity.

mackers

Until a significant percentage of the population of any country is vaccinated you can't open up as normal. The age of hospital admissions has lowered and covid patients in hospital are no longer just the elderly.

You can't expect any government to make any statement today on what they plan to do in a months time as things can change so quickly. You only have to look at what happened in Ireland over christmas to see that. At the end of the month the government will review things to see where we are and hopefully an easing of restrictions.
I'd say they are hoping that the figures will have come down sufficiently by mid February that schools will be allowed back.  I'd say that will be the only thing they will release at that point.  They'll give that 2/3 weeks to see what effect that will have and maybe look to a further release of low risk measures like outdoor sport.  This will be a very gradual process.  Everyone's hope/expectation is that this is the last lockdown.  If they release this lockdown too quickly the governments run the risk of having to tighten measures again and if that were to happen there'd be uproar.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on January 19, 2021, 10:37:52 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2021, 09:05:03 AM

From...

Cheers imtommygunn.

So from this we are WAY over what would be deemed 'normal' capacity.

Has it been distinguished how many of the 65 critical patients with Covid were admitted due to Covid or who contracted Covid in hospital?

dublin7

Quote from: mackers on January 19, 2021, 10:41:40 AM

I'd say they are hoping that the figures will have come down sufficiently by mid February that schools will be allowed back.  I'd say that will be the only thing they will release at that point.  They'll give that 2/3 weeks to see what effect that will have and maybe look to a further release of low risk measures like outdoor sport.  This will be a very gradual process.  Everyone's hope/expectation is that this is the last lockdown.  If they release this lockdown too quickly the governments run the risk of having to tighten measures again and if that were to happen there'd be uproar.

I'd agree with that. I do have some sympathy for the government. They were in a no win scenario before christmas. They eased restrictions, people took the piss and cases exploded. If they hadn't eased restrictions they'd have been crucified by people/media and most would have ignored the restrictions anyway

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on January 19, 2021, 10:52:31 AM

I'd agree with that. I do have some sympathy for the government. They were in a no win scenario before christmas. They eased restrictions, people took the piss and cases exploded. If they hadn't eased restrictions they'd have been crucified by people/media and most would have ignored the restrictions anyway

So you're saying lockdowns/restrictions aren't practical?

Rossfan

Quote from: dublin7 on January 19, 2021, 10:52:31 AM

That's just it.
We'd have ended up with a third wave either way.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM