Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Started by Dinny Breen, June 21, 2016, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Maybe all the magic in the GOT world is from the same source but named/viewed differently in different parts of the world. Lord of light eminated from Essos with Old gods etc being a Westeros belief system.

DrinkingHarp

Emilia Clarke was on the Jimmy Kimmel Show and stated Episode 5 (this sunday) - have a big TV and it is incredible. Have to wait till Sunday.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Estimator

That episode was a bit mental... They are struggling without the source material and are doing a very poor job of finishing out this season. The deaths of some characters are very rushed and haven't been thought out at all. Would have made more sense to kill them in the Battle of Winterfell.
Ulster League Champions 2009

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

stephenite

oakleaflad

I liked it. It was tense throughout and although I seen a few things coming there were others I didn't. Think a lot of people are disappointed that their favorite fan theories aren't coming true and just writing it off. Still don't know how it'll all end up either.

stephenite

I'm not wedded to a particular theory - I just think the notion of burning the entire city down is pointless. She could be portrayed as mad enough without all of that. And Cersi gets to die in the arms of her lover/brother by being crushed under the weight of said city is a shite way to end one of the major plot lines and characters.

screenexile

I really liked it I mean what's the point in going a bit mad?? It was right that she burned down the city!

It was relentless throughout with so much going on. Again I think there were a few things that were rushed and annoying I mean Jaime Lanister shouldn't have been walking about for so long after being stabbed twice but it was an epic and much better than the battle of Winterfell.

Sets it up for a great finale . . . Will Arya be the new Kingslayer taking down 2 Monarchs? Who did Varys' letters go to?

Next week will be interesting but still a lot to clear up in a short space of time. The finale is another hour and 20 minutes.

JimStynes

Next week won't please the lads in here either.

TabClear

I've been really disappointed with this series. Far too much focus on the visuals and too little to the storylines. Cleganebowl was straight out of a poor Hollywood movie. The early series were brilliant due to the intricacies of the stories and the plot twists. This series much more predicable.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: JimStynes on May 13, 2019, 07:23:18 PM
Next week won't please the lads in here either.

Keep your spoilers out

screenexile

Quote from: TabClear on May 13, 2019, 10:36:54 PM
I've been really disappointed with this series. Far too much focus on the visuals and too little to the storylines. Cleganebowl was straight out of a poor Hollywood movie. The early series were brilliant due to the intricacies of the stories and the plot twists. This series much more predicable.

Go on give us your prediction for next week so . . .

trailer

I liked that episode. Will Ayria kill the mad Queen and her Dragon? The Throne will be Jon's now.

BennyHarp

I genuinely don't know whether I loved or hated that episode.
That was never a square ball!!

lurganblue

Enjoyed that. In fact I've enjoyed this whole series and would have little to complain about. Yeah maybe episode 3 was a little to dark at times and I suppose I would have enjoyed Ceresi to have a gruesome death. Small things considering how gripping the series has continued to be. Really looking forward to next week.

I'm amazed at how difficult people are to please, or perhaps I am just easily pleased... any, each to their own.