Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lfdown2

I seen the following tweet from Jayne McCormack (BBC) earlier:

"The social engineering being put forward by Sinn Fein, the Sdlp and alliance party has to stop," - @DUPleader
doesn't rule out deploying cross-community vote tomorrow if SF call a vote on the transfer test, and she hopes UUP would "see the need to protect academic selection"

Why would unionists be more inclined to retain academic selection? I had assumed nationalists (with pressure from CCMS) would have had more affinity to academic selection and the retention of grammar schools.

macdanger2

What do teachers here think about the plans in the south? i.e. everyone off except LC students

It seems like a reasonably decent solution to me (albeit quite rushed but that's understandable given the circumstances) - the schools should be pretty quiet with only 1/6 of the students so the risk should be greatly reduced.     

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Diddly squat handed out remotely today

Itchy

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 07, 2021, 05:15:13 PM
What do teachers here think about the plans in the south? i.e. everyone off except LC students

It seems like a reasonably decent solution to me (albeit quite rushed but that's understandable given the circumstances) - the schools should be pretty quiet with only 1/6 of the students so the risk should be greatly reduced.   

Calls teachers bluff, as you'd imagine quite a few would have to go to work now and a 2m social distance etc would be easily observed. But will the teachers union agree, will they fcuk

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 07, 2021, 06:03:09 PM

Wife just finished, she's lesson videos to do all week, each student has to report in the morning online and at the end.

Some schools must be completely taking the piss
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2021, 08:03:52 PM

Wife just finished, she's lesson videos to do all week, each student has to report in the morning online and at the end.

Will all students 'report' for work?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on January 07, 2021, 08:05:24 PM

Will all students 'report' for work?

All her students that have computers will be ...

Emails on topics and explanations on topics

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I'd say there would be big variation across the board alright

laoislad

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 07, 2021, 05:15:13 PM

Not happening now for the Leaving Cert students.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JimStynes

Another hero!

tbrick18

Yeah my kids have to do that. We also got some sort of notification from teachers tonight via Google that they are going to email weekly progress reports for each child.
I have to say it's been Impressive the work that they are doing remotely. They are in a grammar school.
Kids in primary getting daily tasks via class Dojo. Enough to keep them going about 3 to 4 hours a day. Can't complain there either.

I do know people who are having a completely different experience though and from what I see on here it seems to be inconsistent.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 07, 2021, 09:11:59 PM

Another hero!

Bullock has been on zoom lately, getting into character

trueblue1234

We're getting our p4 kids stuff all on line now. No written packs. Is that the case with most? Both of us working from home so very hard to monitor the online work in comparison to written, were you can go back through what they've done when you get a few minutes.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Minder

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 07, 2021, 09:42:46 PM
We're getting our p4 kids stuff all on line now. No written packs. Is that the case with most? Both of us working from home so very hard to monitor the online work in comparison to written, were you can go back through what they've done when you get a few minutes.

My young fella is in P4 and we have to collect written packs on Monday, he has been doing online stuff today and tomorrow on MS Teams and Seesaw, it's going to be a domination of online and written packs.

My daughter is at St Dominics and she follows her timetable with teachers live streaming the classes to them, probably the best option but not too common from what I have heard.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 07, 2021, 09:20:14 PM

Yeah my kids have to do that. We also got some sort of notification from teachers tonight via Google that they are going to email weekly progress reports for each child.
I have to say it's been Impressive the work that they are doing remotely. They are in a grammar school.
Kids in primary getting daily tasks via class Dojo. Enough to keep them going about 3 to 4 hours a day. Can't complain there either.

I do know people who are having a completely different experience though and from what I see on here it seems to be inconsistent.

Who is doing the 3-4 hours work with the young ones? Honest question