The vaccine rollout

Started by Smurfy123, December 30, 2020, 09:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: armaghniac on January 12, 2021, 06:53:25 PM
First (small) delivery of Moderna vaccine arrives in Dublin.
AstraZeneca apply to EMA for approval.
Things are on the move.

Why has the ROI roll out been so awful? They are getting some slating online but not a peep on here.

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on January 12, 2021, 09:31:53 PM
Things are on the move.

Why has the ROI roll out been so awful? They are getting some slating online but not a peep on here.

Vaccines were slower to be approved in the EU and their health service seems to be a joke.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

manfromdelmonte

Things are on the move.

Only vaccinating when they have the supplies

weareros

Pfizer has also said the vaccine is useless if second jab is not administered within 21 days but UK is going to ignore that advice. So let's say you admininister 1 million vaccines and jab 2 to that million comes 2 months later. Is that 1 million vaccinated or zero? Those percentages all seem to be based on jab 1.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 12, 2021, 09:22:13 PM
The north Could hit 300000 by mid February
I hold my hands up
They are doing a lot better than I thought
A slow start but moving very well now

Was there some reasoning to why you thought it was going to be a shit roll out? Poor government would have been that I'm sure!

Sister husband was phoned to get it as some were going to waste as they needed to be used due to timing..

So plenty of Angelo's in their 80's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Quote from: Angelo on January 12, 2021, 09:52:31 PM
Things are on the move.

Vaccines were slower to be approved in the EU and their health service seems to be a joke.
But they weren't bound by any EU rules, Ze Germans went and bought themselves other batches and pressed ahead with vaccinations at a rapid rate.

tyssam5

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 12, 2021, 08:04:09 PM
My dad got it at 84. He had no ill effects whatsoever.

My folks both got the AZ one last week, late 80's, no problems at all.

armaghniac

Ireland second in EU for vaccinations.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thebigfella

Quote from: armaghniac on January 15, 2021, 11:08:56 AM
Ireland second in EU for vaccinations.

Yeah but we have to games in hand.

LeoMc

Quote from: weareros on January 12, 2021, 10:11:23 PM
Pfizer has also said the vaccine is useless if second jab is not administered within 21 days but UK is going to ignore that advice. So let's say you admininister 1 million vaccines and jab 2 to that million comes 2 months later. Is that 1 million vaccinated or zero? Those percentages all seem to be based on jab 1.
Where did they say that?
They have said a single dose is 51% effective. They have also said they do not have data on different spacing as the trial wasonly performed with 3 week intervals.
3 weeks is a standard gap as the likelihood of patients returning after a longer duration drops off.

weareros

Quote from: LeoMc on January 15, 2021, 04:39:05 PM
Where did they say that?
They have said a single dose is 51% effective. They have also said they do not have data on different spacing as the trial wasonly performed with 3 week intervals.
3 weeks is a standard gap as the likelihood of patients returning after a longer duration drops off.

I've have seen this statement from Pfizer and BioNTech - https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n18

In a joint statement Pfizer and BioNTech said, "The safety and efficacy of the vaccine has not been evaluated on different dosing schedules as the majority of trial participants received the second dose within the window specified in the study design . . . There is no data to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days."

Taylor

Quote from: weareros on January 15, 2021, 05:33:13 PM
Where did they say that?

I've have seen this statement from Pfizer and BioNTech - https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n18

In a joint statement Pfizer and BioNTech said, "The safety and efficacy of the vaccine has not been evaluated on different dosing schedules as the majority of trial participants received the second dose within the window specified in the study design . . . There is no data to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days."

Not quite what you have said then?

Minder

Quote from: Taylor on January 15, 2021, 05:39:39 PM
Where did they say that?

Lol
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

weareros

Quote from: Taylor on January 15, 2021, 05:39:39 PM
Where did they say that?

What should I have said? Pfizer and BioNTech say there's no data to prove it's effective if the 2nd jab is administered after 21 days - then if the British government are going to ignore and take up to 3 months, then that strikes me as useless unless experts are wrong and Boris and co get lucky. It strikes me as similar to when he decided to shake hands to the people in hospital to show Covid was nothing to worry about.

bennydorano

BBC News - Coronavirus: EU anger over reduced Pfizer vaccine deliveries
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55666399