China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 09, 2020, 07:53:03 PM
Fermgael I would agree with you. I was reading a thread on this subject on twitter saying the same thing. Small place so students flock home at weekends. Pretty much anywhere here is easily accessible do that can be done. England is a scale bigger.

What is the reason behind the amount of high cases in Derry and Strabane - must be a reason specific reason?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on October 09, 2020, 09:50:16 PM
Fermgael I would agree with you. I was reading a thread on this subject on twitter saying the same thing. Small place so students flock home at weekends. Pretty much anywhere here is easily accessible do that can be done. England is a scale bigger.

What is the reason behind the amount of high cases in Derry and Strabane - must be a reason specific reason?

Blame certainly can't be laid at the GAA's door, that's for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

The bars were rammed this last 5 weeks, bars were firing out crisps and stew etc to say they were serving food. Very young population too, a lot of house parties

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 09, 2020, 09:54:02 PM

The bars were rammed this last 5 weeks, bars were firing out crisps and stew etc to say they were serving food. Very young population too, a lot of house parties

But would Belfast not be worse wirh all the bars and huge number of students at Queen's etc?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on October 09, 2020, 10:02:31 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 09, 2020, 09:54:02 PM

But would Belfast not be worse wirh all the bars and huge number of students at Queen's etc?

They are probably all quarantined at Elms and rest sent home on the 212 every Friday to Derry. A lot of talk about first communion parties. Big young, Catholic, alcohol loving people down here.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

The title of this trash "declaration" cracks me up

Climate Science Denial Network Behind Great Barrington Declaration
Nafeez Ahmed
9 October 2020

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/10/09/climate-science-denial-network-behind-great-barrington-declaration/

Angelo

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 09, 2020, 07:47:21 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 09, 2020, 03:56:37 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 08, 2020, 08:26:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 08, 2020, 09:44:10 AM

I know the virus was only officially detected on this island around the end of Feb but being realistic it was probably here in December or before, it has obviously been in existence in China months before it became apparent and its likely a domino effect to each new country it transmits to. By the time testing, tracing and knowledge of the virus, it's probably already embedded there for months

If you don't believe that it started in Wuhan in Dec, then why believe that it began in China at all? If it was around in Europe in say Nov, then there is currently no known origin

Because China was the first noted outbreak. If people are oblivious to it then the place where it first becomes apparent is likely the origin of it.

That theory makes no sense

It makes complete sense, how can you not get that?

The origin of the virus is the most likely place where it will spread and where large numbers will contract it and it first become noticed. There is probably a 2/3 month time lag (maybe longer) though in the virus being in the community and it not being recognised as something we have not seen before.

The virus was around a long time before December. It was recorded in France in December.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/french-hospital-discovers-it-had-case-of-coronavirus-in-december-1.4245275
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

A further 902 cases up north.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Angelo on October 10, 2020, 02:22:52 PM

I read on Twitter yesterday that there were 8 ICU beds unoccupied in the north. That's pretty scary to be honest.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Minder

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 10, 2020, 03:04:21 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 10, 2020, 02:22:52 PM

I read on Twitter yesterday that there were 8 ICU beds unoccupied in the north. That's pretty scary to be honest.

99 ICU bed capacity, 19 Covid related in ICU & 18 unoccupied ICU beds
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Captain Obvious

Kim Jong Un says not a single person in North Korea has contracted coronavirus, wishes South a fast recovery. 

Good honest man is Kim.

armaghniac

Cases in Derry have almost doubled  last week compared to previous week and almost one fifth of tests are positive.
Mid Ulster coming up fast, Newry and Mourne still increasing but not as quickly.

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 10, 2020, 03:50:45 PM
Kim Jong Un says not a single person in North Korea has contracted coronavirus, wishes South a fast recovery. 

Good honest man is Kim.

If they suspect a case they probably shoot the whole town.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on October 10, 2020, 04:16:18 PM
Cases in Derry have almost doubled  last week compared to previous week and almost one fifth of tests are positive.
Mid Ulster coming up fast, Newry and Mourne still increasing but not as quickly.

Good honest man is Kim.

We shouldn't mock. We put a guy who was up to his neck in cervical smear scandal in charge of our covid response and laud him as a hero.

marty34

Quote from: Itchy on October 10, 2020, 04:31:25 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 10, 2020, 04:16:18 PM

Good honest man is Kim.

We shouldn't mock. We put a guy who was up to his neck in cervical smear scandal in charge of our covid response and laud him as a hero.

Plus Trump & Boris - hardly upstanding characters!!