China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Fear Bun.
Hope all will be well after.

(PS some here might claim that you don't exist at all)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

How is your mother doing fear?

Interesting radiogaagaa.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Thanks all..

Mother doing very well to date and she is in vulnerable group due to medication.. similarly to me she has a lot of fatigue.
Somebody asked about how I contracted it.
Can't be certain but pretty sure as follows. Work colleague went to house drinking session,home built bar, 8 lads at party. That was a sat. They were all sick by Tues. He was in work on Monday before symptoms began . After that it went through office, some other lads got it from him but refused to get tested as we don't get sick pay.
Small office,no masks, shared kettle and microwave.
There is that much of it in Derry atm that I'm pretty sure my mother contracted it somewhere else as our contact was almost non existent last week, possibly hairdressers
In my work environment is was almost an inevitability. It's just running through the factory now.

TabClear

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 09, 2020, 08:52:20 AM
Thanks all..

Mother doing very well to date and she is in vulnerable group due to medication.. similarly to me she has a lot of fatigue.
Can't be certain but pretty sure as follows. Work colleague went to house drinking session,home built bar, 8 lads at party. That was a sat. They were all sick by Tues. He was in work on Monday before symptoms began . After that it went through office, some other lads got it from him but refused to get tested as we don't get sick pay.
There is that much of it in Derry atm that I'm pretty sure my mother contracted it somewhere else as our contact was almost non existent last week, possibly hairdressers
In my work environment is was almost an inevitability. It's just running through the factory now.

Unfortunately this is a major cause of the uptick in my view. Its the same in my place, people are not willing to take the risk of 2 weeks no pay that could come from a positive test so are hiding symptoms.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TabClear on October 09, 2020, 09:54:33 AM
Thanks all..

Unfortunately this is a major cause of the uptick in my view. Its the same in my place, people are not willing to take the risk of 2 weeks no pay that could come from a positive test so are hiding symptoms.

This is were the Gov's need to, at the very least provide some cover when employers are not.. Though that will bring out the chancers, "your man was 1.99 meters from me for 10 seconds, I'm off"  free money for 2 weeks!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

too much of come into work unless your literally dying culture in this country

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2020, 10:03:33 AM
Quote from: TabClear on October 09, 2020, 09:54:33 AM
Thanks all..

This is were the Gov's need to, at the very least provide some cover when employers are not.. Though that will bring out the chancers, "your man was 1.99 meters from me for 10 seconds, I'm off"  free money for 2 weeks!

They have introduced help in England this week of a payment of £500 (I think) if you have to self isolate and lose income as a result
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GetOverTheBar

Just the 70k daily new cases in India.

Always someone worse off lads.

Harold Disgracey

1080 new cases in the north.

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 09, 2020, 01:20:26 PM
Just the 70k daily new cases in India.

Always someone worse off lads.

How the f**k do you even start to collate that sort of data on a daily basis?

The UK cant do it with significantly less cases.

And having seen some parts of India that figure would be significantly higher if all cases were counted

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Jesus.

What's worse is that the number in hospital with it has been growing by double figures every day this week. That's from significantly less cases a few weeks ago.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 09, 2020, 02:44:45 PM
Jesus.

What's worse is that the number in hospital with it has been growing by double figures every day this week. That's from significantly less cases a few weeks ago.

It is going to be hard to turn this around, since they hae few measures except in Derry/Strabane. So the best hospitals can hope for is running at the pin of their collar.
However, I see today that London is introducing some business supports and perhaps Stormont can then extend the restrictions.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tbrick18

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 09, 2020, 02:04:10 PM

In my opinion, it's out of control here now.
The only way to stop the spread continuing to rise at this rate and protect the hospitals is a lock down. Not what I want or what anyone wants, but what other option is there?

sid waddell

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 09, 2020, 02:04:10 PM
That's a good thing according to some people (not me)