Laois Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Kinda fancy Emo in this replay tonight. The drawn game might bring them on a little more than BA. Will be close again though I'd imagine.

Jd

Not too sure that Emo have much improvement left in them to be honest. I thought they started well but when BA got to grips with them they looked a better side. Emo lucky enough to get the draw and I can't see them winning tonight.  So now of course Emo will go on and win 😉

Silkyskillssunshinee

SCFC

Jaysus, Emo got bulled there tonight. They kicked it away themselves too though. Exciting stuff but a bit low on quality. The referee seemed a bit card happy for me.

Unlaoised

A bit ...was the worst display of refereeing decisions I've seen since ....well since the same ref's last important game in the championship last year .

He is just nowhere near the standard and looses control of things in these sort of games .

This has been shown in the past .
Pity because it was exciting even tho quality was low .

He added to the excitement for the neutral but for the players of both sides and esp emo it must be so frustrating to have this standard of an official.
Hope he gets no more senior games this year
LAOIS ABÚ

Blow-in

Unfortunately that's what's out there. And he's deemed an inter county referee. By my readings we have lost Strong, Kinsella, Flynn and the two Moore's from the group who done senior in 2018. And I'm told Joe Brennan didn't pass the fitness test so that's another one missing.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

For those who didn't hear the final score..

Ballyroan Abbey     1-10
Emo                         0-12

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on August 06, 2019, 11:56:59 PM

Ballyroan Abbey     1-10

Is this for those without internet access? Cheers.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 06, 2019, 10:03:29 PM
A bit ...was the worst display of refereeing decisions I've seen since ....well since the same ref's last important game in the championship last year .

He is just nowhere near the standard and looses control of things in these sort of games .

This has been shown in the past .
Pity because it was exciting even tho quality was low .

He added to the excitement for the neutral but for the players of both sides and esp emo it must be so frustrating to have this standard of an official.
Hope he gets no more senior games this year
This isn't your first time to attack this referee, or others. Maybe take up the whistle yourself.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 07, 2019, 08:45:13 AM
Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on August 06, 2019, 11:56:59 PM

Ballyroan Abbey     1-10

Is this for those without internet access? Cheers.
Obviously.    :P

Actually I know quite a few elderly (and not so elderly) people who browse this forum for all their Laois results and news as they don't really have enough knowledge to do much more on the net apart from clicking on a shortcut that someone has set up for them.

The above game was being talked about but no final score had been given so I thought I'd fill in the blanks for other peoples benifit.
Sorry if you feel its a bit silly but not everyone can do what most of us can...

les Antiques

Fair play Junior . All links etc appreciated !

Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Seeing that I have Keyser Söze blessing and permission here is a result from tonight's Senior Football Championship.  ;)

St. Joseph's    2-10
The Heath       0-12

Jd

I thought port were the team to beat Portlaoise this year but they didn't impress me at all on Saturday. Wide open at the back and McMahon took his man to the cleaners. Port weren't interested when the hitting began but looked very good going forward at pace. Fair play to them for digging out the dray though. Any thoughts on the phantom goal??? Young Doyle actually hit the net and the ball was ahead of him was my view of it

Chrimtain