26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on January 27, 2020, 11:00:05 AM
How many votes would you get if you said " No Tax Cuts" and everyone to pay 5% of their income to provide a comprehensive public health system with no waiting lists?

Depends how credible you and your plans are. I think most people would be happy to pay their taxes if we got the public services we require/deserve.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Rossfan on January 27, 2020, 11:00:05 AM
How many votes would you get if you said " No Tax Cuts" and everyone to pay 5% of their income to provide a comprehensive public health system with no waiting lists?
Ask the Soc Dems and PBP

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on January 27, 2020, 08:45:54 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 27, 2020, 08:18:40 PM
We need to collect a bit of corporation tax off a few multi billion dollar companies and banks who are located within the state

The usual magic money tree, tax someone else.
5% of people own 40% of everything
Tax land hoarding
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Baile Brigín 2

Captain Scarlet

Alan Dillon shot some of his ad on GAA property...
https://twitter.com/Alan_Dillon/status/1222073097135775745?s=19

That's not allowed I thought?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

highorlow

Old footage is probably allowed. Likely recorded before he became a candidate.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 28, 2020, 08:57:20 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2020, 08:05:27 AM
Who "won" last night's debate?

Mary Lou and Richard Boyd Barrett
Does that mean they will  now be Taoiseach and Tánaiste?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Agreed.

For me Varadkar boxed clever and may not have won but didnt really do himself any damage. Martin was poor I thought, he is not Taoiseach material. Was disappointed with Shortall, seemed almost disinterested. Howlin tried hard but I think labour lack credibility with the left at the moment.

Also, given SF's surge and Mary Lou doing well last night, watch now from a crank up from the media to discredit SF. Already we had the times putting out some nonsense yesterday and today Peadar Tobin (a terrorist apologiser to the Indo 4 years ago) is now front page news attacking them. I hope voters see this for what it is.

five points

Quote from: highorlow on January 28, 2020, 10:06:36 AM
Old footage is probably allowed. Likely recorded before he became a candidate.

It's clearly current. He's been a candidate for more than a year now.

five points

Quote from: Itchy on January 28, 2020, 10:12:39 AM

Agreed.

For me Varadkar boxed clever and may not have won but didnt really do himself any damage. Martin was poor I thought, he is not Taoiseach material. Was disappointed with Shortall, seemed almost disinterested. Howlin tried hard but I think labour lack credibility with the left at the moment.

Agree on all counts. Shortall was out of her depth. She's no more a party leader than Michael Healy Rae. Howlin's hour is long gone.

Lar Naparka

According to the Indo this morning, Martiin was the clear winner, (7/10) followed by Mary Lou. (6/10)
Leo (5/10) comes next with Howlin and Boyd Barrett both on 4/10, Ryan on 3/10 and Shortall on 2/10.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on January 28, 2020, 10:12:39 AM

Agreed.

Also, given SF's surge and Mary Lou doing well last night, watch now from a crank up from the media to discredit SF. Already we had the times putting out some nonsense yesterday and today Peadar Tobin (a terrorist apologiser to the Indo 4 years ago) is now front page news attacking them. I hope voters see this for what it is.

Hopefully he will retain his seat in the face of the exclusion afforded to him, be tough though, SF are shipping in minibuses  from all over to Meath to ensure he is silenced forever.

Itchy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 28, 2020, 10:25:30 AM
According to the Indo this morning, Martiin was the clear winner, (7/10) followed by Mary Lou. (6/10)
Leo (5/10) comes next with Howlin and Boyd Barrett both on 4/10, Ryan on 3/10 and Shortall on 2/10.

Good old Indo, embarrassing themselves yet again. How anyone could listen to Martin and think he won and/or would make a good Taoiseach - well basically you would just have to be die hard Finna Failer.

weareros

All shite. Private school educated Mary Lou acting all working class always good for a laugh. Howlin interrupts and saves her from the hard questions on SCC. How's that ex councilor who was big buddies with Hutch gang doing these days? I'm sure the AC will have their backs given they supplied them with the weapons.