FAI...June 2024 Friendlies v Hungary and Portugal

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

European qualifying campaign as good as over after two games?

Capt Pat

We may not have the players but at least lets get the manager right. Kenny is running out of time.

seafoid

There are several ways to get to the Euros including a playoff via 3rd place and the Nations League places. 3rd is still on if we beat Greece at home and nick a point somewhere they don't. 

Cunny Funt

Poor performance and could have few complaints if lost 4-1

A good progressive coach with this group of young players to try a different approach was a nice idea in theory but under Kenny it's not working at all.

If seeing consistent performances or patterns of play, you could justify sticking with Kenny but that's not the case.

Captain Scarlet

Progressive coach, progressive football...
Kicking it away to nowhere. James McClean called on.
This notion that he brought in younger lads...you can't ignore Collins or Ferguson.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

manfromdelmonte

AustinPowers

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 16, 2023, 09:53:16 PM
We may not have the players but at least lets get the manager right. Kenny is running out of time.

Kenny was running  out of time  from  the day the FAI  announced that Kenny would take over  two years after  Mick Mc Carthy

An Watcher

Must be taking the hand.  I'd agree that Kennys time may be coming to an end but let's build on what he's done with the passing football, not revert back to hoofball

Captain Scarlet

Passing football! Was that what we call that tonight or in a lot of games.
Thomas Frank doesn't do hoofball but doesn't try to play a way his team can't manage.

We don't have a style of play, especially in attack but we just say 'brave on the ball' and progressive style of play while what we see is playing for set pieces and individual moments.
I might rock up to the next squad and say I'm trying to be a good player, keeping the ball on the ground. All we seem to do is say these things when our own eyes tell us it's nonsense.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

DhoireTheas

Both Ireland's losing is always pleasing to see but that is just my opinion.

Walter Cronc

Should have been ruthless and went after Brendan Rogers when he was sacked. In saying that the players are very poor and the whole set up top to bottom needs revisited. Heard on off the ball that horse racing gets more government funding than soccer. Disgraceful!

Captain Scarlet

The players are not good but it's international football. They are who they are and they looked all over the shop in that system. A manager asking players to do something they clearly can't do at times needs to open his eyes.
We are not even organised. Yet alone talking of playing nice football.

ODowda was v poor. Smallbone kept tucking in leaving loads of space on the far side. Idah was poor too and Knight didn't start for the legs alone. All his calls.

seafoid

What were people expecting? It is a very difficult group. Ask Westmeath.
Greece are one of the strongest 4th pot teams. They are on the same level as Oireland  and were playing at home.
The recent record is very poor-   3 wins out  of 20 after beating Armenia in the NL.
The midfield is very limited.
At least they didn't concede any goals from 40 yards out . 0 points after 2 is what you would expect.

They are still at Tailteann Cup level.