China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 18, 2020, 06:01:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2020, 05:59:04 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 18, 2020, 05:42:28 PM
Exams out the window by the looks of it.

That's just fecking crazy! My daughters are actually raging
If it's on predicted grades after mocks my fella is fcuked  ;D

It's funny my eldest will do better and my youngest who's belted out some cracking results these past five years thinks she's not !

Who knows how they'll sort that out, serious pressure on teachers to come out with those results
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

larryin89

Agree that this is a disaster , horrible , unprecedented etc etc but something Must be different about Italy . Does anyone have actual stats for the percentage of Italy's over 65s compared to other nations ?

Back to work today , most are just bantering about it all , doesn't seem to bother them at all if I'm honest .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Eamonnca1

Quote from: larryin89 on March 18, 2020, 07:09:30 PM
Agree that this is a disaster , horrible , unprecedented etc etc but something Must be different about Italy . Does anyone have actual stats for the percentage of Italy's over 65s compared to other nations ?

Back to work today , most are just bantering about it all , doesn't seem to bother them at all if I'm honest .

Three generations of a family living under one roof. Children at school swapping diseases and then bringing it home to their grandparents.

OgraAnDun

Anyone who isn't bothered about it is a clown. The full scale (and time scale) of this hasn't set in for most people yet.

gallsman

Most of the people you with with are absolute morons in that case.

Teacher assessment for exam grades by the look of it. The storm that will cause could rage for years.

quit yo jibbajabba

Yeah Italys stats were depressing reading today; hopin some of Eamoncca1 points are true for our sake, also large elderly population and high % smokers too;

hope it slows down v soon for them

Itchy

23% of Italy is over 65, 2nd highest in world. Also I read an article where it said the culture in Italy is for the young and old to mix frequently. That said their numbers are dire, I really hope we can avoid that level of carnage. 470 dead in last 24 hours.

Smokin Joe

The UK have 104 deaths as of today.  If we / they are tracking at the same rate as Italy the number tomorrow should be approx 145.
Will be interesting to see.

tyrone08

Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 18, 2020, 07:37:07 PM
The UK have 104 deaths as of today.  If we / they are tracking at the same rate as Italy the number tomorrow should be approx 145.

3000 deaths in Italy since 15 Feb. On a normal day (virus aside) there is about 1750 deaths per Day in Italy. Coronavirus is obviously bad but italy had a high death rate per day when compared against other countries. UK for example has a death rate per day of around 1400

armaghniac

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 18, 2020, 08:14:32 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 18, 2020, 07:37:07 PM

3000 deaths in Italy since 15 Feb. On a normal day (virus aside) there is about 1750 deaths per Day in Italy. Coronavirus is obviously bad but italy had a high death rate per day when compared against other countries. UK for example has a death rate per day of around 1400

And of course the Coronavirus deaths are geographically concentrated, there would not be some many of these south of Bologna, although there are an increasing number.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

The rate of increase seems to be slowing down in Italy

Eg deaths increased by 15% from 12 to 13 March
And by 9.7% from 17 to 18 March
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Walter Cronc

Folks, bit nervous about a possible London lockdown on Friday. Driving to get boat home Friday morning. Technically would this be considered essential travel?

Can't bare thought of lockdown in London 😱

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: seafoid on March 18, 2020, 09:42:11 PM

Yep, the lockdown is working, infection rate is down to ~11% today.

[not that the braindead journos here would understand that - they keep quoting absolute figures.]
i usse an speelchekor

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on March 18, 2020, 09:42:11 PM

The lockdown will work, but it is like an oil tanker, you give the order to stop but it takes a while to do so.
But it is hard to get it started again.
Spain is following a similar path.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B