China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: seafoid on March 18, 2020, 02:36:45 PM
Previous predictions assumed that demand would be 50 per cent lower than experts now expect. But updated data from Britain and Italy - where hospitals have been overwhelmed and 2,158 people have died - have demonstrated that previous assumptions, based on experience with viral pneumonia, were far too low.

No harm to the inept f**kers in Whitehall, but the Chinese were saying that 32% of cases presented needed ICU treatment in January.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext

i usse an speelchekor

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 18, 2020, 02:05:12 PM
If these idiots can make a u-turn so can you seafoid.
https://mobile.twitter.com/newschambers/status/1240173030787211274

How the feck can anyone in their right mind ever take anything any one of these people ever says seriously again. I'm not sure how they even did in the first place.

armaghniac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 18, 2020, 03:11:25 PM
Previous predictions assumed that demand would be 50 per cent lower than experts now expect. But updated data from Britain and Italy - where hospitals have been overwhelmed and 2,158 people have died - have demonstrated that previous assumptions, based on experience with viral pneumonia, were far too low.

No harm to the inept f**kers in Whitehall, but the Chinese were saying that 32% of cases presented needed ICU treatment in January.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext

Do you really think the British Empire should take account of something from people that they used to sell opium to? Or even a crowd of opera singing pizza makers?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

6 new cases confirmed in the 6 Cos today.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on March 18, 2020, 04:16:51 PM
6 new cases confirmed in the 6 Cos today.

so Arlene was right, it is nothing to worry about.......
The Freestate will probably have 80!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rois

Currently 3 with the virus in the Ulster Hospital in Dundonald (outside Belfast).  The hospital staff are gearing up for it to get very busy from the end of next week, and staff are coming from other areas of the trust (South Eastern) to get trained up in various different areas that are likely to be required.

My sister's a consultant surgeon there - their operations are moving to day procedure units so that main operating theatres can be used for ventilations. 

Milltown Row2

In work today, Belfast is a empty, though colleagues who operate out of a shopping centre have said they are busy!

I've had all my appointments cancelled today,  which reflects the age group who are more at risk, that's fine I'm happy with that, close contact with anyone with the virus would be a disaster.

Its the long term I'm looking at and how our company will manage to get through this difficult time.

There will be lots of jobs lost through this, and business's wont be able to get through a month of this never mind 3 months or more
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Trap

Good article Seafoid, seems like the easiest way to get through this intact.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: armaghniac on March 18, 2020, 04:02:54 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 18, 2020, 03:11:25 PM

Do you really think the British Empire should take account of something from people that they used to sell opium to? Or even a crowd of opera singing pizza makers?

Obviously not old chap.

I say COVID-19 may be able to beat these small yellow men or those excitable Southern Europeans, but against the might of the Royal Navy our boys will soon send COVID-19 to Davy Jones' locker.

[That probably was residing somewhere in a corner of Boris's little racist brain till about 3 weeks ago ffs!!]
i usse an speelchekor

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on March 18, 2020, 04:30:04 PM
https://www.socialeurope.eu/keeping-business-alive-the-government-will-pay
Hopefully the world may now move away from Anglo American neo liberalism to a more co operative way of doing things.

I see reports all schools in the 6 Cos to close from today?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on March 18, 2020, 05:42:28 PM
Exams out the window by the looks of it.

That's just fecking crazy! My daughters are actually raging
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2020, 05:59:04 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 18, 2020, 05:42:28 PM
Exams out the window by the looks of it.

That's just fecking crazy! My daughters are actually raging
If it's on predicted grades after mocks my fella is fcuked  ;D