Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real SlimShady

no, i dont think its right at all. The management must know something about it though and therefore should have ruled them out long ago- regardless of it weakening the team. There is no 'i' in team.

NAG

well then what is the problem

do you want players with that attitude representing you and your county?

I dont think the majority of antrim people would!

milltown row

Lads listen to the whiter than white posters on this site. Yes I think that players should have the decency to arrange these things after the fact. And if they run around publicising that they are going out to the states on such a date so soon after the championship game then they are wrong.

But are they wrong to be going to play and be offered all sorts of dough for a game they love playing. You boys are complaining about them not committing to the county, spare a thought for senior management of both teams in Naomh Gall, who will be without these lads. Do I have a grudge at them for going away? No, I did it when I was there age. Do I need them playing for the club? Yes, but what can you do. Wish I had the opportunity.

Lets not get bogged down on the McGourty's going to the states. Every club has had someone go (we have 6 dual senior players heading off), as far as I know it's not a hanging offence.

So lets talk about Antrim beating Derry this Sunday I'm bored of this topic

Maximus Marillius

I don't think the discussion is against people playing football in the states, every young lad would love that....no its about what message does it say about their will to win against derry when they have it pre arranged to go after the derry game :o :o

Square Ball

Galf Time

Antrim 0-6 Derry 0-6 were 1-5 down
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tyrones own

They'll bring poor Paddy the victim in for the 2nd ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Square Ball

Quote from: Tyrones own on June 10, 2007, 04:23:54 PM

They'll bring poor Paddy the victim in for the 2nd ;)

and they did
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

thebuzz

Quote from: Tyrones own on Today at 04:23:54 PM

They'll bring poor Paddy the victim in for the 2nd

'and they did '

I don't think he even touched the ball.

the colonel

mcgourty said in the irish news that they will give the tommy murphy a good go so maybe he will be staying for the summer
the difference between success and failure is energy

PlayWithTheWind

bullshit, plane leaves tomorrow!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

The Real SlimShady

i hope they do go, not one flying f**k could i give about that pile of dung that is the Tommy Murphy Cup- what a load of bull it is.

And, if they do go it'd mean not having to worry about them in the club C'ship for a wee while  :)

johnjoe

After the displays of the last few weeks, all i can say is Im in a state of depression at the state of football in Antrim.

Our game plans were pathetic, tactics naive, wrong sustitutions, (Niblock and Brady were both doing well) dont get me started!

Were 5 points down with 20 to go, and there is 80 yards between our non existent forward line, and two light weight forwards. plus, Derry had a man in the hole to cut off supply into them.

What the hell was wrong with putting all our six forwards back in to their traditional positions, and playing the game in the Derry half, or at least provide a target.

And last week we get two points in an hour in minor football, from play!

Bullshit, two weeks in a row, and Im seriously pissed off. Dont get me started.

milltown row

well the lads that are going away seemed to be theones that put a bit of fight into the game and did nearly all their scoring.

if we had have won the game these lads would have stayed thats for sure.

any Cargin lads going Slim?

NICSSA

Results from last nights games:

Div 1 Football
St. Johns  0-10 1-15 St. Galls  Corrigan Park 
Lamh Dhearg  3-9 2-12 Creggan Kickhams  Lamh Dhearg   
Moneyglass  1-17 0-9 Gort Na Mona  Moneyglass   
Cargin  2-8 2-4 Portglenone  Cargin   

Division 2 Football
Davitts  1-13 2-9 Aghagallon  Boucher Road   
Glenravel  1-12 0-10 Rossa  Glenravel   
St. Endas  4-8 0-8 Mc Dermotts  Woodlands

In our match  the result is wrong as Rossa scored 1-4. Big result for Moneyglass

Ethan Edwards

Creggan still going strong with Mickey Moran at the helm, sitting top of he league, surely they must me c'ship contenders
That'll Be The Day