The Ryder Cup 2014 - Gleneagles

Started by laoislad, September 02, 2014, 01:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: stephenite on September 28, 2014, 04:48:20 PM
Did I just see that git Brian McFadden on the fairway following Furyks shot?
Slur Whiskey Nose there also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Sidney

The Ryder Cup - real people, real passion.

ONeill

McGinley - the best captain ever. Fact. Source.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Kidder81

Quote from: ONeill on September 28, 2014, 05:10:58 PM
McGinley - the best captain ever. Fact. Source.

Darren Clarke wouldn't agree

washed_up

congratulations to the Europeanteam on a great sporting result with positive vibes  isint time others showed the same spirit

Puckoon

Kidder81

orangeman

Tom Watson is looking at a property in Canada.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Bord na Mona man

Delighted for Paul McGinley as he seems a decent guy. He wouldn't have been spared any timber had Europe lost.
Everyone would have been an expert and it would have been so obvious that pitting a journey man against multiple major winner Tom Watson was a terrible decision.

mrdeeds

I always thought big Phil was a gentleman??? Perhaps what he said was true but it's Tom Watson. A bit of respect.

Puckoon

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 28, 2014, 10:15:33 PM
I always thought big Phil was a gentleman??? Perhaps what he said was true but it's Tom Watson. A bit of respect.

I'm a big fan of both Phil and Watson and this was surprising. Maybe it's 8 defeats that was really stinging him but it was uncomfortable viewing. To suggest that the players needed to have input to be invested was strange to me. Surely you're heavily invested once you're on the team?

mrdeeds

Players will always want to play. Can't have input. Captain has to pick based on what he thinks best and not sentiment. Gmac hinted he not happy at game time but not an issue because Europe won. Europe were always going to win with the bigger talent pool at this moment. Hope for USA future with performance of youngsters. Darren Clarke big favourite  for captaincy for next one.