Paul Galvin

Started by redandblackareback, December 21, 2010, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

At least in Armagh when there are club officials in jeans on the pitch they only take phone calls rather than battering people with sticks.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

didlyi

I can tell by the grip that lad has on the hurl that he never hit an honest puck of a sliothar in his life. Why is that these mad fools always make it on to the sidelines of our games.

orangeman

Looking at the pictures it looks like Paddy didn't fare that well in the row. He seemed happy enough to get out of it with just a bloody nose.

O'Neills will soon be doing a retro denim look after all the recent goings on.

nrico2006

Why was the tube not arrested?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

orangeman

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 29, 2014, 09:11:36 AM

Club vice chairman and Lixnaw don't want to take the matter further.

nrico2006

Quote from: orangeman on September 29, 2014, 09:25:11 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 29, 2014, 09:11:36 AM

Club vice chairman and Lixnaw don't want to take the matter further.

Heard he was a club official but shouldn't really be anyones choice.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnneycool

Quote from: didlyi on September 29, 2014, 12:41:22 AM
I can tell by the grip that lad has on the hurl that he never hit an honest puck of a sliothar in his life. Why is that these mad fools always make it on to the sidelines of our games.

Thought the same myself, someone should have taken it of him and drove the hurl up his hole sideways.

shawshank

Hard to believe but they are everywhere, we had a prominent official in Derry Gerard O'Kane, an ex County Board Chairman who only recently went on to the pitch after a championship match and allegedly started getting involved in a bully bat, he completely lost the run of himself, couldn't be restrained, allegedly he has received a six month suspension.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

J OGorman

Quote from: shawshank on September 29, 2014, 03:57:12 PM
Hard to believe but they are everywhere, we had a prominent official in Derry Gerard O'Kane, an ex County Board Chairman who only recently went on to the pitch after a championship match and allegedly started getting involved in a bully bat, he completely lost the run of himself, couldn't be restrained, allegedly he has received a six month suspension.

The one man Derry PR machine continues una'bat'ed

cuyahoga

What's a bully bat?

...is a row.

5 Sams

At the risk of sounding like a name dropper..... ;) ;). I was talking to Jimmy Deenihan today...he tried to convince me that in his day Galvin's hurlin skills would have put him in the same league as the Tipp and Kilkenny lads. Any thoughts from the North Kerry lads on here? Found it hard to believe.
The Aristocrat Years

muppet

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 02, 2014, 12:28:57 AM
At the risk of sounding like a name dropper..... ;) ;). I was talking to Jimmy Deenihan today...he tried to convince me that in his day Galvin's hurlin skills would have put him in the same league as the Tipp and Kilkenny (football) lads. Any thoughts from the North Kerry lads on here? Found it hard to believe.

That is probably what he meant.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 02, 2014, 12:28:57 AM
At the risk of sounding like a name dropper..... ;) ;). I was talking to Jimmy Deenihan today...he tried to convince me that in his day Galvin's hurlin skills would have put him in the same league as the Tipp and Kilkenny lads. Any thoughts from the North Kerry lads on here? Found it hard to believe.

Jimmy doesn't be too well at times.  :)

AZOffaly

Galvin has always been known as a better hurler than a footballer. As to whether his touch would be at a Kilkenny level or whatever, hard to say because he never developed it in that sort of environment. The Kerry lads first touch was woeful against even Offaly this year, so I don't think Galvin would have been at that level either. But could he have progressed to that level if he was from Tipp or Kilkenny? Absolutely.