Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 6601065 times)

Truth hurts

• View Profile
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #35175 on: September 24, 2021, 01:31:02 PM »
Conor Mc Crickards transfer and Liam Middletons absence will be a big loss to Liatroim, have to fancy Darragh Cross, Kilcoo just to edge their game with Clonduff, but could meet again when its knock out!!

Where has he transferred to?

Targetman

• View Profile
« Reply #35176 on: September 24, 2021, 04:14:10 PM »
A team in Cork (apparently works there)

Nanderson

• View Profile
« Reply #35177 on: September 24, 2021, 07:29:14 PM »
Anyone know whos bright idea it was to stream a game from probably the biggest network black spot in the county?

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #35178 on: September 24, 2021, 07:48:17 PM »
Anyone know whos bright idea it was to stream a game from probably the biggest network black spot in the county?

18 quid and can't even get on at all. Trying to charge another fiver for by the sound of it no coverage anyway. But sure hi its only a couple a quid, decent spuds trying to provide a service.

ScarvaLegend

• View Profile
« Reply #35179 on: September 25, 2021, 08:59:21 AM »

18 quid and can't even get on at all. Trying to charge another fiver for by the sound of it no coverage anyway. But sure hi its only a couple a quid, decent spuds trying to provide a service.

I've mixed feelings about it to be honest. On one hand, the attempt to widen the coverage of our championship is a fantastic idea, it reaches those that are housebound, abroad or even those from other counties.

On the other hand, it doesn't seem like any network testing was done at Liatroim or Ballymartin prior to the day of the match, going to those grounds on the day and hoping for the best is just lunacy. Then asking people to cough up £5 a head for a sub-par service, then not issuing a credit for a future game or refund when it doesn't work sends the whole lot into farce. Asking people to pay when you've no idea if the service will work doesn't sit right with me

Nanderson

• View Profile
« Reply #35180 on: September 25, 2021, 03:23:32 PM »

I've mixed feelings about it to be honest. On one hand, the attempt to widen the coverage of our championship is a fantastic idea, it reaches those that are housebound, abroad or even those from other counties.

On the other hand, it doesn't seem like any network testing was done at Liatroim or Ballymartin prior to the day of the match, going to those grounds on the day and hoping for the best is just lunacy. Then asking people to cough up £5 a head for a sub-par service, then not issuing a credit for a future game or refund when it doesn't work sends the whole lot into farce. Asking people to pay when you've no idea if the service will work doesn't sit right with me
Yea bar those 2 games the coverage has been excellent and its a handy way of taking in more games. But as soon as I heard the game was being streamed in Liatroim i knew it was a recipe for disaster. Although to compensate they sent an email this morning saying that they would film Bredagh Ballyholland game and put it on site on demand which is fair enough and a good gesture

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #35181 on: September 25, 2021, 09:08:31 PM »
Much better this evening. 👌

Mourne Red

• View Profile
« Reply #35182 on: September 25, 2021, 10:17:43 PM »
We just ran out of legs against The Bridge today in Newcastle, don’t think the 8 point loss reflected the game. We’ve a young team and there’ll be better days out for us. Burren or Kilcoos too win I think, infighting in Kilcoo might catch them out but they always seem to find a way through Down Championship

Last Caress

• View Profile
« Reply #35183 on: September 26, 2021, 12:10:03 AM »
We just ran out of legs against The Bridge today in Newcastle, don’t think the 8 point loss reflected the game. We’ve a young team and there’ll be better days out for us. Burren or Kilcoos too win I think, infighting in Kilcoo might catch them out but they always seem to find a way through Down Championship
?????🤔

Mourne Red

• View Profile
« Reply #35184 on: September 26, 2021, 07:11:53 AM »
?????🤔

How do all rows start these days, Someone texting another persons other half caused a bit of a row

Caitlin

• View Profile
« Reply #35185 on: September 26, 2021, 12:02:41 PM »
Big day for Clonduff and Dinky McBride today. Clealry all not well in the Kilcoo camp and if the Yellas are going to make a statement, today is the day to do it.
I think CPN may not have it as easy against the Ford as people expect and Bredagh may also be a dark horse against Ballyholland.
RGU are motoring well although Collins will be a massive loss the next day.
Enjoyed the tv coverage of Bridge v Island yesterday- Cory Quinn is some footballer. Loughinisland should stay in the SFC and I think between Rostrevor and saul who go to IFC.
Darragh Cross looking good in the IFC and St Pauls to bounce back against Bright

Lotto

• View Profile
« Reply #35186 on: September 26, 2021, 05:53:41 PM »
Kilcoo seriously efficient again today. There for the taking and Clonduff will rue the easy chances they missed throughout the game, they have only themselves to blame. Kilcoo now have a week off to sort out any niggles with Clonduff being bruised and back out next week. Ballyholland down by 3 at half time, should be an interesting second half. Decent production today but no harm to Mc Grath but he is hard to listen to. I hope Patsy is doing the game later on.

Down Follower

• View Profile
« Reply #35187 on: September 26, 2021, 08:21:32 PM »
I actually think McGrath is the best one of the group. He’s not monotone like quite a few. Portrays the excitement well.

SuperRed

• View Profile
« Reply #35188 on: September 26, 2021, 08:32:47 PM »
Rostrevor desperately unlucky to be facing SFC playoffs given the problems they've had and their second half performance last night. Lads pulling on the jersey deserve credit... Castlewellan very fortunate at the end. Don't think anyone really knows if it was a goal. Saul or Bryansford probably most likely to end up at IFC level next season, but its all on the day - I would say Saul. They have just found the going tough, but their draw was very difficult compared to what they might have got in fairness... Loughinisland seem to be getting somewhere closer to what we expect from them and Rostrevor have had a recent run of wins against Ford and have the players to outgun Bryansford in a scoring match. Kilcoo just seem to find those scores and extra bits and pieces over an hour of play. Clonduff played quite well but yet found themselves beaten with a little to spare. Downpatrick getting a bit of momentum. Will be interesting to see how they get on if /when they hit the knockout...

Truth hurts

• View Profile
« Reply #35189 on: September 27, 2021, 08:54:38 AM »
Kilcoo does what Kilcoo does, grind out a victory.  Clonduff like the Bridge before them had plenty of chances but did not capitalise. I havent seen anyone yet who will touch them. Ballyholland were lucky yesterday v a well-organised Bredagh team. Castlewellan seem to love the last minute goals and Mayobridge get over the line v a plucky Loughinisland team. Warrenpoint upped the ante and i think their is a kick in them. There is some interesting games coming up in the forthcoming weeks but I still think Kilcoo are the team to beat.