kill Jamie oliiver and Free Celtic cornwall

Started by rosnarun, June 14, 2007, 03:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

from  guardian.co.uk

There were few outward signs of a terrorism alert in north Cornwall yesterday. Visitors milled around Padstow's busy harbour as usual while further down the coast at Newquay surfers lounged about on a warm, waveless day.
But behind the scenes at Cornwall's two most famous eateries, Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant in Padstow and Jamie Oliver's Fifteen in Newquay, security was being stepped up after Cornish extremists claimed they were planning to target two of the country's most famous chefs.
A group calling itself the Cornish National Liberation Army (CNLA) threatened to burn down one of Stein's businesses in Padstow and declared the cars of his customers legitimate targets.
The group said Fifteen - a restaurant set up by Oliver to help disadvantaged Cornish youngsters find a career in catering - was also in its sights, and branded the chef an "incomer" who was hurting local people by driving up house prices and living costs.
CNLA, which claimed to include members of the An Gof organisation - militants suspected of a series of attacks in the 1980s, including an explosion at a courthouse in St Austell, added it would target anyone who flew the flag of St George, which they called "imperialistic and tainted".
It claimed one of its activists had previously been involved in the burning of English people's holiday homes in Wales and said it had significant funding from other "Celtic nations" and the US.
The threats, made to a local morning newspaper via an Arabic web-hosting service, were being taken seriously by the police and the chefs. A police spokesman said yesterday: "Devon and Cornwall constabulary ... have made immediate contact with proprietors of various businesses and are actively working together, with a view to ensure that appropriate crime prevention measures are maintained."
There was outrage from across the political spectrum at the threats, a sense of disbelief from the businesses named and bemusement at the group's targets.
The CNLA claimed it was a amalgamation of An Gof, which takes its name from a 15th-century rebel leader, and another group, the Cornish Liberation Army.
But police sources said they were unclear whether the threats were the work of cranks operating from a spare bedroom or something more serious. Earlier this year a message purporting to be from An Gof surfaced in which the group threatened to destroy all St George flags. A flag in Tresillian, south Cornwall, was subsequently cut to ribbons and the slogan "English Out" daubed on a garden wall.
The leader of Cornwall county council, David Whalley, said some of the CNLA's concerns - such as the difficulty many locals have buying homes - were valid but their tactics were not. "It's unfortunate these people feel so alienated," he said.
Dick Cole, the leader of Mebyon Kernow, a political party that campaigns for greater self-government for Cornwall, said he was "very saddened" at the threats and called CNLA a "pseudo-terrorist group".
Malcolm Bell, chief executive of South West Tourism, said: "A few years ago this lot would have been dismissed like Wolfie Smith and his Tooting Popular Front. Since 9/11 and the July 7 attacks you have to take it seriously."
But there was some support on Cornish websites. On the Cornishman newspaper's site, Michael Wright, an exile from St Austell, said: "The Cornish people are being cheated out of their own country. I wish I could do more for the liberation of Kernow [Cornwall]."
In its email, entitled "directive number one", the CNLA echoed recent comments from Stein that local businesses had benefited from the "rosy glow" of publicity his ventures had attracted, the CNLA said one of its activists was involved in the burning of cottages in Wales and added: "At a unspecified date, Rick Stein will himself feel a 'rosy glow' in our Cornish port of Padstow."

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Fionntamhnach

So one of their main problems is English people buying holiday homes in the Duchy?

Is there a Donegal National Liberation Amy?

ziggysego

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 14, 2007, 03:19:49 PM
So one of their main problems is English people buying holiday homes in the Duchy?

Haven't you ever seen the Donegal team on the rip at the weekend Fionntamhnach?
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ziggysego on June 14, 2007, 03:35:46 PM

Haven't you ever seen the Donegal team on the rip at the weekend Fionntamhnach?

:D :D ;D

No DNLA just yet, but we could set one up.
Ever better if we called ourselves the Donegal Liberation Army - DLA    -  no problem getting support in Belfast then!    ;)
Tbc....

Evil Genius

I think there may be. Wan't there a British Agent assassinated there recently?

I know if I were, say, a prominent British MP with a holiday home in a place like Donegal, I'd be starting to get worried... ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 14, 2007, 03:57:52 PM

I think there may be. Wan't there a British Agent assassinated there recently?

I know if I were, say, a prominent British MP with a holiday home in a place like Donegal, I'd be starting to get worried... ;)

EG and GwelTah one in the same - reference the Brit MP slagging and general cac bó they/he/she posts.

EG do you take off your trousers and don a skirt whilst posting as GwelTah or just change your knickers?
Tbc....

Evil Genius

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 14, 2007, 04:15:06 PM
EG do you take off your trousers and don a skirt whilst posting as GwelTah or just change your knickers?

In deference to my Scottish roots, I habitually wear a Kilt and in deference to my Irish roots, it's normally a Saffron one. And of course, it is de rigeur that nothing is worn* under the kilt.

Anyhow, do you take much interest in other men's undergarments?

* - Everything is in perfect working order.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 14, 2007, 04:51:05 PM

In deference to my Scottish roots, I habitually wear a Kilt and in deference to my Irish roots, it's normally a Saffron one. And of course, it is de rigeur that nothing is worn* under the kilt.

Anyhow, do you take much interest in other men's undergarments?

* - Everything is in perfect working order.

No more interested in your alter-ego's underwear!   ;)
Tbc....

Evil Genius

EG and GwelTah one in the same - reference the Brit MP slagging and general cac bó they/he/she posts.

Curiously, His Holiness NB manages to distinguish me from GweylTah easily enough; on another thread, he posted:

"You managed to insult the intelligence of the entire of West Belfast there Gweltyah.
I suppose you will somehow manage to justify that?
Whatever about EG or Sammy, at least they make their arguments with a degree of manners, unlike yourself"

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Evil Genius on June 14, 2007, 04:55:46 PM

Curiously, His Holiness NB manages to distinguish me from GweylTah easily enough; on another thread, he posted:

"You managed to insult the intelligence of the entire of West Belfast there Gweltyah.
I suppose you will somehow manage to justify that?
Whatever about EG or Sammy, at least they make their arguments with a degree of manners, unlike yourself"

Aye but sure His Holiness NB has a split personality as well remember dubnut!
Tbc....

cicfada