American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaroonAndWhite

Bollocks, half time and Pats not going well  :'(. Strahan, Osi et al are putting the heat on Brady. Offence not working at all bar the odd burst frm Laurence Moroney. Just as well Eli's boys are not firing on all cylinders either.......... If Giants keep dropping though, they will pay eventually

new devil

Yea the Giants are putting a lot of pressure on Brady.....things are set up nice for Eli to take it home  ;)

Minder

Quote from: new devil on February 04, 2008, 01:07:34 AM
Yea the Giants are putting a lot of pressure on Brady.....things are set up nice for Eli to take it home  ;)
would love to see it but im not sure you can contain new england for the whole game,would love to see strahan get a ring
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

And Eli takes it home wooohooooo....what a finish still cant believe Giants have won it!

heganboy

Jan 13th

Quotethe Coughlin decision to go full barrel after the pats in the last game of the season could pay off in spades if they get them in the Superbowl. 2 Mannings in a row?

feeling quite smug right now
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

Credit where credit is due. Well done. Co-worker owes me lunch at the "mens club". She is paying. :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Puckoon on February 03, 2008, 10:36:02 PM
I capitulated.

Main Bet: Giants +12 and under 55 50$ parlay

Side Bet: Giants +12, under 55, more than 3 fieldgoals in game and more than 4 sacks.
10$ parlay.

Puck,
Nice bet!!! 

Took the same - NYG and Under for 500.00 parlay - looking at a happy man and my birthday on top of it :D :D :D

Well done to the Giants and especially the coaching staff.

Think I won enough to fly back to see Cross win the All-Ireland.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

lurganblue

fell asleep before i could see the big finish unfortunately but glad to see Eli finally did the business!

From what i saw Michael Strahan was fantasic. i can remember when i was in Canada last summer, there was talk of him retiring!! lucky he didnt...

the Deel Rover

Really enjoyed the final great game ,i can't believe NY were 3/1 to win the fecking thing i definitely would have put a few squid on them to win. i thought it was unusual every time they zoomed in on Peyton Manning he was on his own, Pamela seemed to have a few around her ;) Did you see the Lad who won the superbowl last year been interviewed and saying how he hated the patriots so much just like the English hate the germans and Argentinians  :o :o
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

SammyG

Absolutely fantastic game (apart from the fecking result  :'( ). Probably the best defensive performance I've seen in 20 odd years of watching American Football.

On the bright side, Brady's still young and the Pats will be back.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: SammyG on February 05, 2008, 05:55:21 PM
Absolutely fantastic game (apart from the fecking result  :'( ). Probably the best defensive performance I've seen in 20 odd years of watching American Football.

On the bright side, Brady's still young and the Pats will be back.

The Pats are in a weakish division. They will be back in the play-offs again next season. Just need to inject some youth into their offensive and defensive lines. They will be a threat again next year. No doubt.

heganboy

depends who they hold on to, but yes the Pats and Indy will be the 2 teams to beat next year. Giants and Cowboys will be there or there abouts, Green Bay may have blown their shot this year. and of course one random team that you didn't expect Cleveland maybe
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

magickingdom

great game, have to say i was gutted for brady in the end. thought the giants were blessed on their final drive and dodged a load of bullets during the game but to the victor the spoils.. good video here of what the day is like (kinda like all ireland sunday!)

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/02/04/superbowl.memories/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

SammyG

Front page of NFL.COM had a picture of Tedy Bruschi and the headline 18 and D'oh!!!

Bar stewards the lot of them (but still funny)