American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

I've been to playoff games in New York, in baseball and football, its really not that difficult to source the tickets, the problem can be the price. There are state laws about how much over the odds you can pay but they just don't seem to be enforced. If you're willing to pay you can get tickets on stubhub or ebay.
Of course the corporate ticket is the easiest answer.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gabriel_Hurl

I've been to a play-off NBA and NHL game

although hegan thinks NHL isn't a proper American sport  ???

thejuice

Anyone going to be around London for the Superbowl?? last year we went to Cheers, its was deadly, got fairly hammered that night. Couldnt remember the second half, had to ask me cousin the next morning, "the Colts did win right". Made the mistake of wearing a Buffalo Bills jersey(im not a fan) , got the piss taken out of me by everyone.

Chances of getting into Superbash are slim, its a lottery on NFLUK. But if you cant get to that, Cheers is good. Anyone know of any other places around London that have something on for the Superbowl?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

heganboy

Quotealthough hegan thinks NHL isn't a proper American sport

NHL = 2D hurling with girly pads and misshapen hurls played on ice ffs
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: lfdown2 on January 09, 2008, 12:27:01 PM
jaguars?!

would love nothing more than pats to reach the afc final and chargers to kick their a** (colts first of course!)

Yes I know, I'm just pointing out the mistakes that your man on TV3 made last night.

lfdown2

magickingdom

what about them pats tonight? vegas has them at 1/6 to win the superbowl. cant touch them at that price..

Carmen Stateside

bad start for Green Bay :o
Seattle 7
Green Bay 0

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

TD Green Bay Farve looks good!
Seattle 14
Green Bay 7

Carmen Stateside

TD Green Bay! Grant makes amends for his two fumbles, Great game :)

Gabriel_Hurl

best 1st half in a long long time

tyrone exile

Puckoon

If the patriots game tonight is as good as this one, Ill be a rich, I mean happy man.