The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Based on the performance of the lady and the flakiness of some of the questions it is possible to come to a view

Frank Greaney

@FrankGreaney

·

4h

Rory Harrison's barrister tells woman his client formed the view she was staring at Paddy Jackson at one point during the party. She accepts her memory is "hazy", so he asks if his client could be right. She says: "he could well be right about that but he's sitting in the dock
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 08, 2018, 04:32:01 PM
There's an obvious solution if Syferus is pissing ye off so much.

Off course there is the ignore button but do you not believe a poster who comes out with statements like if found innocent justice won't have been served.  Innocent until proven guilty is a cliche should be challenged.  Any time he is challenged on simple questions either deflects or doesn't answer.  Or resorts to name calling such as cavemen.  He is a trump like character.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Avondhu star

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2018, 04:55:23 PM
Based on the performance of the lady and the flakiness of some of the questions it is possible to come to a view

Frank Greaney

@FrankGreaney

·

4h

Rory Harrison's barrister tells woman his client formed the view she was staring at Paddy Jackson at one point during the party. She accepts her memory is "hazy", so he asks if his client could be right. She says: "he could well be right about that but he's sitting in the dock
"hazy"
"could be right"

Not exactly beyond reasonable doubt is it?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Syferus

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 08, 2018, 05:13:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2018, 04:55:23 PM

Frank Greaney

@FrankGreaney

·

4h

"hazy"
"could be right"

Not exactly beyond reasonable doubt is it?

Err ladeen, she's talking about looking at someone at a party, not being raped. This suggestion comes from a man whose texts prove he was trying to keep a lid on the victim after the fact. Note what he is charged with also. Some of ye are really getting desperate now.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on February 08, 2018, 06:32:35 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on February 08, 2018, 04:25:55 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 08, 2018, 03:16:10 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 08, 2018, 02:53:37 PM
I think it's quite interesting that Syferus is being rounded on here when there are a lot of posters here who have clearly made up their minds in the opposite direction based on nothing more than "rumour, wild speculation and innuendo", as the previous poster puts it.

Certainly the rumour and innuendo so far has been pretty much one way traffic against the complainant.

I haven't made up my mind and won't pass judgment on either party. However flawed the judicial system is,  its the best way to determine innocence or guilt.
How can Syferis pre-determine who is the innocent party based on media reports. To criticise other posters is to criticise himself.
If you study his post on any subject their is a constant theme of using it to project an image of superiority and condescension through belittling the average view. I find his writing quite delusional and completely devoid of any class or balance.
If he pulled the plug on this board you won't find too many expressing thoughts of sorrow and disappointment.
One the worst posters on the board.

Unfortunately Sfy has made this thread about him rather than the issue at hand. And you can be sure that is there is a guilty verdict, he will see this as victory and will point to other posters who had stated they would rather wait to see the rest of the evidence before making a decision as being wrong. He will play it out, trying to reinforce his superiority despite still being completely incorrect to make a decision based on one day's evidence.

Unfortunately he pollutes too many threads now.

I'm a little reluctant to take this thread off-topic more than it already has, but as it is...

...I have been messing about on the interwebs since around 1999 when I was first exposed to it as a naive, wild-eyed teen and ever since then I've participated on quite a lot of forums, message boards, chatrooms, newsgroups etc. right up to this day. And in my experience I don't think I've ever came across a poster/member/individual of any forum etc. that I have been on, or even in the off-line world, that displays a more blatant, stunning example of the Dunning-Kruger effect than the poster on this board who goes under the handle of Syferus. It is f*cking painful to read most of his/her posts, even though I have him/her on ignore they are inevitably quoted by others in response.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20131125-why-the-stupid-say-theyre-smart

And back on-topic, the trial has only really just begun, I'll wait until all evidence has been presented before I even being to start forming an opinion.

You're no fun
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Keyser soze

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 08, 2018, 04:32:01 PM
There's an obvious solution if Syferus is pissing ye off so much.
Yes i know there is....which is why I keep imploring him to stop talking nonsense. And thanks for the support!

Aaron Boone

At least we have moved on from Rory Best.

Clov

I think it's quite interesting that Syferus is being rounded on here when there are a lot of posters here who have clearly made up their minds in the opposite direction based on nothing more than "rumour, wild speculation and innuendo", as the previous poster puts it.

Certainly the rumour and innuendo so far has been pretty much one way traffic against the complainant.

I haven't made up my mind and won't pass judgment on either party. However flawed the judicial system is,  its the best way to determine innocence or guilt.
How can Syferis pre-determine who is the innocent party based on media reports. To criticise other posters is to criticise himself.
If you study his post on any subject their is a constant theme of using it to project an image of superiority and condescension through belittling the average view. I find his writing quite delusional and completely devoid of any class or balance.
If he pulled the plug on this board you won't find too many expressing thoughts of sorrow and disappointment.

Unfortunately Sfy has made this thread about him rather than the issue at hand. And you can be sure that is there is a guilty verdict, he will see this as victory and will point to other posters who had stated they would rather wait to see the rest of the evidence before making a decision as being wrong. He will play it out, trying to reinforce his superiority despite still being completely incorrect to make a decision based on one day's evidence.

I'm a little reluctant to take this thread off-topic more than it already has, but as it is...

...I have been messing about on the interwebs since around 1999 when I was first exposed to it as a naive, wild-eyed teen and ever since then I've participated on quite a lot of forums, message boards, chatrooms, newsgroups etc. right up to this day. And in my experience I don't think I've ever came across a poster/member/individual of any forum etc. that I have been on, or even in the off-line world, that displays a more blatant, stunning example of the Dunning-Kruger effect than the poster on this board who goes under the handle of Syferus. It is f*cking painful to read most of his/her posts, even though I have him/her on ignore they are inevitably quoted by others in response.

And back on-topic, the trial has only really just begun, I'll wait until all evidence has been presented before I even being to start forming an opinion.

As Charles Bukowski put it "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."
This thread epitomises that.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Keyser soze

Quote from: Clov on February 08, 2018, 10:54:12 PM

As Charles Bukowski put it "The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

Says it all

Over the Bar

Quote from: Keyser soze on February 08, 2018, 11:13:32 PM
Quote from: Clov on February 08, 2018, 10:54:12 PM

Says it all

Empty vessels.....

Main Street

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 08, 2018, 12:08:31 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 08, 2018, 12:02:54 PM
Ya. It's a well known fact that everyone reacts the same.  ::)

Broadly speaking they do. Thats why you have things like the five stages of grief, theres actually a name for it - Rape Trauma Syndrome.
I should avoid this thread but before I do,

Broadly speaking people do NOT react the same.
Yes there are 5 well land marked stages of grief that people generally pass through, however one person may linger in a shocked state far longer than someone else. One person may get stuck forever and not get to the stage of acceptance, another may linger long in anger or despair before moving on.
Like wise with Rape Trauma Syndrome, broadly speaking people do not react the same.
The evidence of the demeanor of the woman during that night and subsequent days does not contradict her claim that she was raped. Her demeanor during all that period can be perceived as being entirely consistent with a rape trauma experience.

Going by the defense's line of questioning so far and their focus on consent, I'd say the case will probably come down to,
did she give consent at the time AND can the defendants prove beyond reasonable doubt that she gave consent?
Did she give clear consent to all the sexual activity that was inflicted upon her that night?
Did she say no at any time?
If she didn't say no, why not? was she incapacitated? threatened? did she feel intimidated?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 08, 2018, 08:27:09 PM

I think everyone now realises what that was. The alleged victim is still giving evidence and he hasn't appeared since. How will he possibly make up his mind?????? Such rubbish.

A disgraceful episode.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Main Street on February 09, 2018, 01:40:24 AM

Broadly speaking they do. Thats why you have things like the five stages of grief, theres actually a name for it - Rape Trauma Syndrome.

Yes there are 5 well land marked stages of grief that people generally pass through, however one person may linger in a shocked state far longer than someone else. One person may get stuck forever and not get to the stage of acceptance, another may linger long in anger or despair before moving on.
Like wise with Rape Trauma Syndrome, broadly speaking people do not react the same.
The evidence of the demeanor of the woman during that night and subsequent days does not contradict her claim that she was raped. Her demeanor during all that period can be perceived as being entirely consistent with a rape trauma experience.

Going by the defense's line of questioning so far and their focus on consent, I'd say the case will probably come down to,
did she give consent at the time AND can the defendants prove beyond reasonable doubt that she gave consent?
Did she give clear consent to all the sexual activity that was inflicted upon her that night?
If she didn't say no, why not? was she incapacitated? threatened? did she feel intimidated?

100 % right MS...you should have avoided the thread....what a load of waffle!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 09, 2018, 09:37:03 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 08, 2018, 08:27:09 PM

I think everyone now realises what that was. The alleged victim is still giving evidence and he hasn't appeared since. How will he possibly make up his mind?????? Such rubbish.

A disgraceful episode.

He's mentioned that all he needs to do to get a proper view on things is to read this thread, that way he'll have made his mind up!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Main Street on February 09, 2018, 01:40:24 AM

You say people broadly don't act the same and then go onto explain that people do broadly act the same but there are times that people deviate from this.

Going back to my original point, people in stressful situations tend to act in a similar manner. I would like to know if this ladies behavior is consistent with other rape victims. That is with the caveat that some peoples reactions are outside the norm, so non-consistency doesn't necessarily prove she wasn't raped but consistency could go a long way to helping her
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me