The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 18, 2018, 04:37:13 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 18, 2018, 12:37:09 PM
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-inside-story-of-how-jurgen-klopp-weathered-the-worst-to-lead-liverpool-to-the-champions-league-final-178445

Anyone who hasn't read this yet should take 10 minutes if their lunch. Great article

A great read

Good to know I was on the same wavelength as JK. :-)

Quote from: supersub on January 05, 2018, 12:39:15 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 05, 2018, 09:59:41 AM
The obvious reason you wouldn't is because without him you weaken your chances of a top 4 finish.

Yes that is a well quoted line in the whole saga alright, but next year are they going to be weaker without him to finish in the top four too by that regard? At least at the moment they are in a good position i.e. 4th and have strengthened at the back which is badly needed and might (maybe not) bring in someone else attacking wise. The strengthening of the defence is as important in terms of dropped points as losing Coutinho. Listen, there is no doubt losing him will be a big blow, but my point is it is going to happen sometime, and they will need to adapt whenever that is. If he goes in the summer do they go into next season thinking our chances of top four are severely weakened?

Personally I think Liverpool are good enough to remain in the top four without Coutinho, only because the defence has started to be addressed. There is still enough attacking threat to create and score goals, and lots of them with Salah, Mane, Firmino, Llalana, Wjinaldum, Ox etc in there.

Milltown Row2

Coutinho scored a wonder goal last night, wasnt in the game that much, but took his goal really well
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2018, 11:15:48 AM
Coutinho scored a wonder goal last night, wasnt in the game that much, but took his goal really well

I think he will go on to prove a good signing for barca next season when he gets a run of games.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersub

He'll be a star. And will outlast Messi which will help. Hope he does well.

Carmen Stateside

Not long now to the biggest club game in the world!
Cant see many if any changes from semi final team.  Be interesting to see if Can gets any minutes.  Only for the amount of injuries in midfield i wouldn't let him travel as it seems the Juve deal is done.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: laoislad on May 23, 2018, 10:32:51 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 23, 2018, 09:56:13 PM
Cant see many if any changes from semi final team.  Be interesting to see if Can gets any minutes.  Only for the amount of injuries in midfield i wouldn't let him travel as it seems the Juve deal is done.
This will get you in the mood!!
https://youtu.be/s10G4c4tNuc

Brilliant!

TabClear

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 23, 2018, 09:56:13 PM

Bit harsh, he fulfilled his contract so if he wants to move on thats  his choice. Its not like he went on strike or anything, he just got a better offer elsewhere. He played a big role in the first half of the season so good luck to him. If he is fit he will be an important asset in midfield.

Its been pretty  quiet on here all week given what is at stake. United fans are petrified Liverpool might win so avoiding the thread (the child in particular, but no doubt he will reappear if Madrid win ::))   and Liverpool fans too nervous to post!

The Liverpool left/Madrid right is where the match will be decided in my view. There has been a lot of talk of Bale hitting form in the last few weeks so I would be nervous about him/Ronaldo and Marcelo teaming up against TAA on the Madrid left. On the flip side, Salah cutting in against Marcelo is a big opportunity for Liverpool. Marcelo was caught out badly a couple of weeks ago in a La Liga game and in the Bayern match. Salah  should get an opportunity to make runs in behind and thats where he has scored a lot of goals this season.

Read an article today and this summed it up. What makes this match so hard to call is that its a game between two teams whereby such are the defensive flaws and attacking brilliance on both sides, either team could win but equally it could be decided by a wide margin either way

NAG1

Lads I think you are getting a bit carried away with the United thing. Just enjoy your week and the match and see how it goes from there.

You are constantly looking at some United fan's envy and it a is a bit of a reflection of their envy.

Do you expect them to be singing from the rafters that a rival is a competition that they themselves covet?

Also as I have pointed out on a couple of threads, Liverpool fans have always based themselves around winning the league and by all reports a mediorce United side finished ahead of them and comfortably behind a serious city side. So plenty of work to be done by both clubs yet.

quit yo jibbajabba

One boy mentions utd

"Lads i think yous are getting a bit carried away"

Ok so.

Milltown Row2

Well I've backed Liverpool, it's a win win situation, 6/4 to lift trophy £40 from my online account, if they win I'm up, and if they don't well I've built that £85 quid up from a fiver so losing £40 won't kill me!

Salah will murder Marcelo, he doesn't defend and it's alwats last ditch stuff! Ramos good at giving away free kicks and penalties also!

Madrid arrogance will mean they won't change their game, that suits Liverpool I'd imagine.. might hit the local for this, the three Liverpool mates will do my head in though!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

I hope Liverpool really go at Madrid. Sitting back against Madrid will end in a boring 1-0 defeat. However if they really go at them, I can see them winning a 3-2 or even 4-3 epic. Admittedly, I've seen very little of them but from what I have seen I assume they know no other way.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: trailer on May 24, 2018, 09:37:09 AM
I hope Liverpool really go at Madrid. Sitting back against Madrid will end in a boring 1-0 defeat. However if they really go at them, I can see them winning a 3-2 or even 4-3 epic. Admittedly, I've seen very little of them but from what I have seen I assume they know no other way.

I dont think they can play any other way.
It would play into Madrids hands for Liverpool to try and sit back, and its just not something Klopp tends to do anyway
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

I think Madrid are just too experienced and always manage to dig out a result in Europe. I think this has come a season early for Liverpool. Don't get me wrong it's great they are in it and they have given us some great nights along the way but I just think this is a step too far this season.
I've no doubt they will give it everything I just expect Madrid to find a way.
Looking forward to it anyway and win or lose it's great to be in it as i doubt any of us thought they would make it all the way to the final.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on May 24, 2018, 09:57:45 AM
I think Madrid are just too experienced and always manage to dig out a result in Europe. I think this has come a season early for Liverpool. Don't get me wrong it's great they are in it and they have given us some great nights along the way but I just think this is a step too far this season.
I've no doubt they will give it everything I just expect Madrid to find a way.
Looking forward to it anyway and win or lose it's great to be in it as i doubt any of us thought they would make it all the way to the final.

I agree with this. I just hope Madrid don't do an AC Milan 2005 in the first half, because the panic button would be pressed in this team, and rather than getting back to 3-3, it's more likely it would end up 5-1 or something.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 24, 2018, 09:30:58 AM
Well I've backed Liverpool, it's a win win situation, 6/4 to lift trophy £40 from my online account, if they win I'm up, and if they don't well I've built that £85 quid up from a fiver so losing £40 won't kill me!

Salah will murder Marcelo, he doesn't defend and it's alwats last ditch stuff! Ramos good at giving away free kicks and penalties also!

Madrid arrogance will mean they won't change their game, that suits Liverpool I'd imagine.. might hit the local for this, the three Liverpool mates will do my head in though!!

youre some spoofer  ;D saw ye on the Down thread saying words to the effect of "anything other than watch the champs league final"  ;D ;D now yer for the pub!!