Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I was surprised in that Mugsy interview that he said he didn't celebrate the win in 2008 and he didn't feel he deserved it with all the messing about he was doing.
Pity we never really got to see how good young Mulgrew could have been.

Didn't Stevie O'Neill also not accept his medal for ages afterwards as he didn't feel like he deserved it?

rrhf

If the guys are iffy enough about collecting the medals perhaps I could.

HalfBack7

Any season ticket holders know when tickets will be available on season ticket website for Derry game.

omagh_gael

Heard  today from an insider that Ronan McNabb is flying in training and not to be surprised if he's named to start. Cathal McCarron back running, likely to miss Derry game but should be good after that.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 20, 2017, 07:15:27 PM
Heard  today from an insider that Ronan McNabb is flying in training and not to be surprised if he's named to start. Cathal McCarron back running, likely to miss Derry game but should be good after that.

I think you could safely name 10 of the starting side if fully fit.

Morgan, McCarron, McNamee, McCann, Donnelly, Cavanaghs x2, Bradley, Harte and Sludden.

Probably about 11 or 12 lads fighting it out for the remaining 5 starting spots.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 21, 2017, 06:09:55 PM

Morgan, McCarron, McNamee, McCann, Donnelly, Cavanaghs x2, Bradley, Harte and Sludden.

Probably about 11 or 12 lads fighting it out for the remaining 5 starting spots.

dont think mccarron will be available.

Morgan probably will start , but i wouldn't have him in a head of mickey oneill.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Golden Years

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 21, 2017, 06:09:55 PM

I will probably get shot down for saying this but I don't think MCCann should be any automatic starter. I am not convinced by him. Goes missing when the going gets tough.

redhandofgod

McCann's defending is suspect indeed but it's his ability to break the lines with his running that makes him a definite starter in the system Tyrone play. Superb athlete, average footballer. But that's the way Gaelic football has gone.

The Golden Years

Quote from: redhandofgod on May 21, 2017, 08:12:45 PM
McCann's defending is suspect indeed but it's his ability to break the lines with his running that makes him a definite starter in the system Tyrone play. Superb athlete, average footballer. But that's the way Gaelic football has gone.

But has he done it against the big teams on the big day? Teams know if you stop him running he will offer nothing. A test of a player is when things are going against the team. Are you willing to stand up and be counted and lead the team or are you happy to hide and say it's just wasn't your day. TBH I think Tyrone have far to many of the second option. Not enough leaders

southtyronegael

forget about winning all irelands with lads like tiarnan mc cann on the team. good lad but just not a good enough footballer.

Il Bomber Destro

I don't think there are many teams in the country McCann wouldn't make. What he does, he does very well and I think his tackling and reading of the game has came on leaps and bounds in the past two years.

Norf Tyrone

Aidy McCrory last week. Tiarnan McCann thus week.

I wonder whose turn it is next week to receive the wrath of the GAA board 'experts'? 😒
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 22, 2017, 12:03:27 AM
Aidy McCrory last week. Tiarnan McCann thus week.

I wonder whose turn it is next week to receive the wrath of the GAA board 'experts'? 😒

I'd say they must be due another go at Peter Harte. Colm (or brother as one poster used to call him as apparently that was the reason he was on the team) Cavanagh used to be a player who got serious stick from some of the experts on here but they seem to have moved on from him. Morgan could be another one that could get targeted.

Redhand Santa

What way is McShane playing these days? Has had a quiet enough year so far with Tyrone. I know some people aren't fans but I always thought he had potential and was very good for the u21s when they won the All Ireland. His biggest problem last year was shot selection but I was hoping he could becoming a good ball winning player round the middle.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 21, 2017, 11:12:33 PM

I don't think there are many teams in the country McCann wouldn't make. What he does, he does very well and I think his tackling and reading of the game has came on leaps and bounds in the past two years.

Thats because the standard of a lot of the teams are poor.  Would he make the Dublin, Kerry, Mayo or even the Donegal teams?  I doubt it.  I have nothing against the lad and i think he is a decent footballer but i dont think he would make a team that has aspirations to win an all ireland.  But again i could be wrong, sure we won an all ireland with davy harte playing  ;D