The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Quote from: armaghniac on February 03, 2024, 05:43:42 PM
Quote from: Deerstalker on February 03, 2024, 04:41:42 PMFirst time Finance not picked first ?

The Finance person I have never heard of. In a normal government finance is serious post, with an experienced person. In NI, SF seem to think ministries should be shuffled around for some other objective other than experience.
Caoimhe Archibald has a PhD, had a high profile in previous finance committee and was a regular in the media

Wildweasel74

Tony Baloney

Tony Baloney

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on February 03, 2024, 05:43:42 PM
Quote from: Deerstalker on February 03, 2024, 04:41:42 PMFirst time Finance not picked first ?

The Finance person I have never heard of. In a normal government finance is serious post, with an experienced person. In NI, SF seem to think ministries should be shuffled around for some other objective other than experience.
In a normal country the person in charge of Finance is a groupthinker who follows the rules and never thinks. Every so often the shit hits the fan and he or she has no idea what to do.

Paschal is probably going to emulate Brian Cowen in the next 18 months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CREDXtbfnb0
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

marty34

Quote from: Eire90 on February 03, 2024, 07:04:17 PMnothern ireland politics is all about connections and who you know and who you brown nose suppose lots of world politics is like that.

I presume you're from the 26 counties?

And you make that statement with no hint of irony.

imtommygunn

Sure that is politics. Difference in north is you can make it through nailing colours to whatever mast.

Itchy

Quote from: Eire90 on February 03, 2024, 07:04:17 PMnothern ireland politics is all about connections and who you know and who you brown nose suppose lots of world politics is like that.

Thank God that doesn't happen in the the republic or anywhere else.

imtommygunn

Quotethe unelected bridesmaid as deputy

Had to laugh at that line from Allister.

Nanderson

Justin McNulty suspended by SDLP

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SaffronSports

Quote from: Nanderson on February 03, 2024, 10:14:38 PMJustin McNulty suspended by SDLP

Interesting to see which of his two jobs pays more and he keeps doing.

Kidder81

Quote from: SaffronSports on February 03, 2024, 11:02:08 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on February 03, 2024, 10:14:38 PMJustin McNulty suspended by SDLP

I would say Laois pays more

Sportacus

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 03, 2024, 11:05:16 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on February 03, 2024, 11:02:08 PM

I would say Laois pays more
Armagh will appeal .

clarshack