7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 19, 2020, 02:38:49 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 02:19:36 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 19, 2020, 02:14:56 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 12:15:48 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 19, 2020, 12:10:18 PM
Dunno if you sound like a Parrot or a broken record...starting to get boring now

The only parrot here is you rolling out excuse after excuse for Lennon when pretty much everyone can now see how out of his depth he is.

See, that's where you're full of it. Where have i defended Lennon these last few days...far from it. I've said all along i won't defend him nor anyone else if i feel they don't deserve it.

I'm not full of it.

I've criticised Lennon, validly and you're jumping down my throat for it. There's nothing I have said that others do not think and none of it has been unfair, he's not up to the Celtic job, that is being proven, you might not like to hear it but it's the truth so don't get you knickers in a twist.

You accused me of backing Lennon no matter what and that's not true, I did not back him this week and to be fair no one could have and he's in serious trouble. His own friend Chris Sutton has criticised him and when that happens then your days are numbered...FACT. If Celtic lose another few games then he's for the chop and you'll be a happy man

It's patently true.

My criticism of Lennon has been just and valid and anytime I've said it you have jumped down my throat. You are not objective on this, you are too closely attached to the manager because he was born a few miles down the road.

I've nothing against Lennon personally, he's just not up to the job and that's becoming ever more obvious. A few more bad results could be a few results too far as it goes for this season. Saturday was a 6 pointer and I saw the writing on the wall for that one for sometime. He needs to go, he needs to go ASAP.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

general_lee

Angelo you keep saying he's out of his depth. He's not - he's an experienced manager and has been highly successful. But it's a results business and he isn't cutting it these days. I don't want him out right away - that is completely the wrong message to send out and gives the huns the impetus going forward. Also who do you bring in? How many managers are there ready to come in against a backdrop of a global pandemic? I agree that something has to change ASAP but sacking Lennon might not be the answer

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on October 19, 2020, 06:06:25 PM
Angelo you keep saying he's out of his depth. He's not - he's an experienced manager and has been highly successful. But it's a results business and he isn't cutting it these days. I don't want him out right away - that is completely the wrong message to send out and gives the huns the impetus going forward. Also who do you bring in? How many managers are there ready to come in against a backdrop of a global pandemic? I agree that something has to change ASAP but sacking Lennon might not be the answer

He's out of his depth.

It seems the Armagh lads can't be objective on this.

He's an experienced manager who was sacked by Bolton and Hibs before he somehow got a second stint at Celtic.

His firs stint at Celtic involved losing a title to Walter Smith, one title against a Rangers side in admin, two further titles against a league without Rangers, another title when he took over a team 8 points clear and another title which was ended by default His whole managerial career is built on a win over Barcelona nearly a decade ago.

He's not up to the job, most people are in that opinion.

It's not about sending messages out to the huns, it's about doing what's best for the club and Lennon is not the man to bring Celtic forward.

general_lee

You clearly can't be objective either. Went to Bolton who clearly weren't up front to him about their financial situation, still kept them up despite the sinking ship (20th in the 4th tier of English football right now in case you're wondering) Took on Hibs in the Championship, left them promoted and in Europe. And technically left by mutual consent from both clubs. So let's be up front, he does has some clout outside his Celtic achievements.

Now, I'm not denying he has failed to demonstrate any tactical nous in what should have been winnable games in the here and now; and he doesn't exactly fill me with confidence right now, but I don't see any point in giving him the boot this early and expecting some magician to swoop in and clean up the mess. I think Celtic fans have had it too easy in the last few years and the Rangers are pretty much up to speed and no longer the the laughing stock they were. Failure to secure 10IAR will be unforgivable but I think the club need to persevere with Lennon for the time being. But he's on his last legs without doubt

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on October 19, 2020, 07:11:34 PM
You clearly can't be objective either. Went to Bolton who clearly weren't up front to him about their financial situation, still kept them up despite the sinking ship (20th in the 4th tier of English football right now in case you're wondering) Took on Hibs in the Championship, left them promoted and in Europe. And technically left by mutual consent from both clubs. So let's be up front, he does has some clout outside his Celtic achievements.

Now, I'm not denying he has failed to demonstrate any tactical nous in what should have been winnable games in the here and now; and he doesn't exactly fill me with confidence right now, but I don't see any point in giving him the boot this early and expecting some magician to swoop in and clean up the mess. I think Celtic fans have had it too easy in the last few years and the Rangers are pretty much up to speed and no longer the the laughing stock they were. Failure to secure 10IAR will be unforgivable but I think the club need to persevere with Lennon for the time being. But he's on his last legs without doubt

I am objective. I have nothing personal against him, it's just clear as day that the job is too big for him and he's not up to it.

The club need to get rid ASAP, the performances this season have been abject, the exit out of the CL was humiliating. We need to be proactive rather than reactive.

Targetman

Haven't posted since Saturday's debacle, absolutely no fight no game plan and no leadership shown on the field or on the sideline, on the Lennon issue its clear he's lost some of the passion that he's renown for and  some players are just going through the motions, can Lennon turn this around? I'm not sure but the next few weeks are critical in terms of the 10 in a row, big improvements needed immediately!!

illdecide

I'm not going to discuss whether NL should get sacked or not any more because it's gobshites like Angela (keyboard warriors) who get people the sack. The same people who if they were to meet NL would be the back slapper and well done men but have the knife in when he turns his back.

Things are bad and i'm not going to deny that and if NL stays for another 5 years or he goes tomorrow won't change how i feel about the club i've followed for 40 years but one thing i'm not going to do here is panic. We win our game in hand and we're ONE point behind (yes...one). Things need to improve and the next 2 weeks will show us if the players are playing for NL or not as another defeat in the league soon and it's prob curtains. The worrying thing is we have Ac Milan on Thurs nite and they beat Inter at the weekend and could give us a hiding too, this game has come at the wrong time...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Champion The Wonder Horse

Yellow card for Lennon, according to Phil.

restorepride

Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 07:17:35 PM
Quote from: general_lee on October 19, 2020, 07:11:34 PM

I am objective. I have nothing personal against him, it's just clear as day that the job is too big for him and he's not up to it.

The club need to get rid ASAP, the performances this season have been abject, the exit out of the CL was humiliating. We need to be proactive rather than reactive.
Would sticking a poster of Edwin Poots in the changing room help?

illdecide

Haven't felt this low for a while regarding following Celtic and i've this really bad feeling in my stomach that it's going to get worse (hope that's just nerves). The nights of the big wins in Europe seem to be over so don't hold out much hope tonight for a result (although it would be some morale boost for Sun if we picked something up). Sunday's fixture away to Aberdeen is a real crunch match and TBH could go either way, I dunno how things are going to pan out but 7 outta the next 9 fixtures are away from Celtic Pk so by Thurs 3rd Dec which we are away to AC Milan we'll certainly know how our season is going to be defined.

Not bursting with confidence atm, regarding manager...screw the cups and Europa league def need to get the 10 and this is going to be the toughest yet by the way things have went so far. Unless NL wins everything he enters then it's a certainty this season will be his last from either his own personal stance or the clubs.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

themac_23

Quote from: illdecide on October 22, 2020, 10:26:57 AM
Haven't felt this low for a while regarding following Celtic and i've this really bad feeling in my stomach that it's going to get worse (hope that's just nerves). The nights of the big wins in Europe seem to be over so don't hold out much hope tonight for a result (although it would be some morale boost for Sun if we picked something up). Sunday's fixture away to Aberdeen is a real crunch match and TBH could go either way, I dunno how things are going to pan out but 7 outta the next 9 fixtures are away from Celtic Pk so by Thurs 3rd Dec which we are away to AC Milan we'll certainly know how our season is going to be defined.

Not bursting with confidence atm, regarding manager...screw the cups and Europa league def need to get the 10 and this is going to be the toughest yet by the way things have went so far. Unless NL wins everything he enters then it's a certainty this season will be his last from either his own personal stance or the clubs.

im the same, ive zero appetite for this game tonight really any other year id prob be on my way to the airport after a few beers and buzzing for the game. I actually think that covid and the lack of fans has added to my apathy for this season ive watched games and struggled to keep my attention, as the saying goes football without fans is nothing. I look at Saturday and I cannot believe that if there were 60k Celtic fans there the players would have been allowed to perform as badly as that.

For tonight, I was thinking play a shadow side and build for Aberdeen at the weekend but now im thinking get the strongest team as possible out and try and put in some kind of performance and get some positives for the weekend.

I don't think Lennon is the man but ive calmed down a bit and accepted he's here for the foreseeable so hopefully e get a reaction this week and get back on the wagon, but another performance as pathetic as the weekend in the next few weeks and he really will be under big pressure.

JimStynes

I couldn't care less about Europe. The only thing I cared about this year was 10 in a row and I don't think it's going to happen. Rangers are much improved (although they're still shite) and they're getting better. Big improvements are needed ASAP.

Angelo

2-0 going on 6.

The Celtic board need to act soon and decisively.

clarshack

JimStynes