Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Main Street

I don't know the inns and outs of the discrimination case but on the surface it sounds farcical.
You'd expect your CEO to be the main backstabbing kant, immune to perceived taunts.
I'd expect they will have to pay off Wells.
It's probably just another coup by some ambitious IFA blazer who funding his path to the top job with fans money.

T Fearon

I have said it before and I'll say it again, it is time for a major investigation into the IFA's affairs before another penny of public money is wasted. The last fcukwit walked out with £500,000 of taxpayers money in his pocket (a payout equivalent to that of an executive departing a  major blue chip company).Wells claims of racism will be fully investigated no doubt and the Tribunals will have a field day, but I would also like an examination of the religious composition of IFA staff etc.

It is clear that this organisation is not fit for purpose and it is long past time something was done about it.

Also UEFA/FIFA need to investigate why the so called international team representing this region remains alienated from almost 50% of the population

nifan

Do you not still think he is an "english b**tard" tony?

Main Street

Is that so?   £1/2m of public money went to pay off the last IFA CEO?

MW

fred the red

big game tonite for owc!!

Pete snoddons gonna be calling out the names and everything!!!

them tickets must be like gold dust to see all the stars in action!!!!!

nifan

Main Street

If it's nighttime, you might be looking to the heavens yourself nifan.

nifan

Good result, but it has to be said san marino where like a pub team. Still we have lost games like this in the past so its good to get.

heganboy

so I took a bunch of yanks to the game in Windsor Park and they couldn't have enjoyed it more, atmosphere great, family friendly, songs, goals chants all the works.
"Are you england in disguise?" was quite good
Good time had by all and even a few purchases made at the stall after the game. Crowd were great

Funny parts:
"you're just a small part of italy" broke out- couple of foreigners had the balls to respond "you're just a small part of Ireland"
one big fella trying to explain the offside rule to one of the americans.
went to the seats we had tickets for only to be told by the incumbents that "we were told to sit here" and who wouldn't move...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

heganboy

ps just wanted to clarify that there wasn't a hint of a sectarian remark, comment or chant

nifan

Quotewent to the seats we had tickets for only to be told by the incumbents that "we were told to sit here" and who wouldn't move...

Still always a problem at windsor, particularly the kop, where people want to sit further back for the better view.

fred the red

Quote from: nifan on October 16, 2008, 01:28:48 PM
Quotewent to the seats we had tickets for only to be told by the incumbents that "we were told to sit here" and who wouldn't move...

Still always a problem at windsor, particularly the kop, where people want to sit further back for the better view.

Can the stewards not help you with this??

heganboy