The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omochain

Quote from: Gmac on October 06, 2018, 01:37:54 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 06, 2018, 01:02:01 AM
Gmac being fast and loose with the truth again re: Franken.

He wasn't filmed groping a sleeping woman

what is he doing?

You never told me where you stood on High Speed Rail.

omochain

I guess I live further west than most of ye. ....... well anyway, the lads who have nothing better to do on a Friday night.

RedHand88

On a related note Kavanaugh played our beloved game in the summer of 1982 as stated in the now famous calender.

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on October 06, 2018, 01:56:02 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 06, 2018, 01:15:27 AM
One could come to a very logical conclusion about whether whitey believes Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Jimmy Savile or Brendan Smyth were innocent or guilty.

Because according to him a victim reporting a rape or an attempted rape after the fact does not count as evidence.

And therefore, according to whitey's logic, these men are totally innocent.

Her story just doesn't add up. 

Her best friend who was supposedly there at the party said she didn't even know Brett Kavanaugh and has no recollection of such a gathering even taking place. (and now it looks like she was pressurized by Fords team to alter her original sworn testimony)

The 2 or 3 other people who were supposedly present haven't a fvckin clue what she's talking about either

The 2 pillars of her story, the therapists report fand the polygraph haven't been handed over to either the FBI or the Senate judiciary committee-WHY?

It's a free country, believe what you want

Blah blah blah with the disinformation from your usual far right sources.

Of course you think her story doesn't add up.

She's i) a woman, ii) a highly intelligent scholar and iii) has accused a Republican lackey of attempting to rape her. All things people like you hate.

Far more reliable, apparently, are the "memories" somebody we know was an out and out drunkard.

Your confirmation bias, quite literally, is very strong with this one. As ever.

seafoid

I would love to know what sort of payrises Gmac, Whitey and co got over the last decade to go with their GOP grĂ¡. Deflation is for small people.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gmac

Quote from: omochain on October 06, 2018, 06:01:31 AM

what is he doing?

Was he touching her GMAC or just faking it. I thought Democrats were "fakers"
the girl in question has been interviewed lots of times and states he did grope her at this time which al can't remember of course

Gmac

Quote from: omochain on October 06, 2018, 06:42:24 AM

what is he doing?

do u have something to doing on me if u don't like the answer I give ??
In theory good but I have little faith in California getting anything done near on time or near on budget , started in 2015 for completion in 2023 so let's see

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on October 06, 2018, 01:15:04 PM
Quote from: omochain on October 06, 2018, 06:01:31 AM

what is he doing?

Was he touching her GMAC or just faking it. I thought Democrats were "fakers"
the girl in question has been interviewed lots of times and states he did grope her at this time which al can't remember of course
Exactly the same as Bart O'Kavanaugh so - except for the key detail that Franken wasn't actually trying to rape her.

Did you think Franken was right to resign?

omochain

Quote from: Gmac on October 06, 2018, 01:24:03 PM
Quote from: omochain on October 06, 2018, 06:42:24 AM

what is he doing?

do u have something to doing on me if u don't like the answer I give ??
In theory good but I have little faith in California getting anything done near on time or near on budget , started in 2015 for completion in 2023 so let's see

I was just trying to find something that we could agree on. I think, We almost agree about High Speed Rail.

J70

Quote from: seafoid on October 07, 2018, 05:58:30 AM
https://balkin.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-vicious-entrenchment-circle.html

Depressing.

Righteous causes such as gay rights have advanced, while environmental protections have just about held on, but will they continue to buck the odds with this new court (god help us if anything happens to Ginsburg or Breyer). GOP is already doing all they can to discourage black voting and empower the rights of business over consumers, workers and the environment/public health. As for the abortion issue... Where will it end?

Maybe I'm too pessimistic. Perhaps the likes of whitey and Gmac could explain to us how a hardline conservative Supreme Court will make our lives better?

heganboy

Because the country will be better prepared for the second coming..
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on October 07, 2018, 01:30:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 07, 2018, 05:58:30 AM
https://balkin.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-vicious-entrenchment-circle.html

Depressing.

Righteous causes such as gay rights have advanced, while environmental protections have just about held on, but will they continue to buck the odds with this new court (god help us if anything happens to Ginsburg or Breyer). GOP is already doing all they can to discourage black voting and empower the rights of business over consumers, workers and the environment/public health. As for the abortion issue... Where will it end?

Maybe I'm too pessimistic. Perhaps the likes of whitey and Gmac could explain to us how a hardline conservative Supreme Court will make our lives better?
Kavanaugh and Gorsuch judge that environmental regulations are unconstitutional . This is insane.  Red States are already being hammered by climate change.
I think the GOP are too extreme to be sustainable. They betray their own voters too often.
Most of the successes of recent years will probably be rewound over time.

seafoid

The US probably needs a new constitution. Neither the Senate nor the Electoral college work as designed. The checks and balances couldn't stop Trump . The only question is how much more damage is done before the system is reformed.

whitey

Both parties are a disgrace

Garland should have gotten a hearing and should (probably) have been confirmed

The Republicans rolled the dice and it paid off for them, but it could have backfired spectacularly

Neither party has room for moderates.....the very well liked and respected Democratic SOS in MA was viciously attacked from the left by a bloody upstart in this years primary with all kinds of crazy allegations (Google Josh Zakin/Bill Galvin if you want to learn more). I was so mad I pulled a Democratic ballot so I could vote for Galvin in the primary and will vote for him in November

The Democrats tried to pull of the dirtiest of dirty tricks with Kavanaugh and it backfired spectacularly on them. They could end up losing 4-5 senate seats over this and have completely re energized the Republican base. The might now not even take the house, but they probably will

They now believe their own bvllshit as is evidenced by the amount of nonsense spouted on here......they lose elections and now all of a sudden the system isn't fair-lol.

The republicans also sicken my $hite with their faux patriotism and catering to the lowest common denominator among their base