NFL Div 4 2020

Started by sligoman2, January 21, 2020, 12:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on October 26, 2020, 12:35:42 PM
I see according to the Irish News "many Gaels are angered" because Waterford said "Northern Ireland " instead of the "6 Counties".
Will these "Gaels" refuse to accept money from the Northern Ireland Executive and the Dept of Sport NI?
Have those "Gaels" heard of the Good Friday Agreement and its acceptance by a huge majority of the Irish people?

I know its difficult to accept that the north of Ireland is part of Ireland when you left it behind and turned your back on it so many years ago. With Irishmen like you about we'll never become a United country.

As for Waterford and their statement, its plain to see how their CB looks at the North, on another note, Westmeath never made a complaint and managed to find their way to the second city and play, We'll be in Carlow next week, with no complaints either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

So someone (not me I usually refer to the 6 Counties) says "Northern Ireland"  they somehow think it's not part of Ireland??

Then the likes of trueblue and duffleking come ploughing into the fray.
If some "Gaels" are so sensitive to Waterford using the official name of the 6 Counties I presume they wouldnt sully themselves by touching any money coming from the "NI Executive" or the "Dept of Sport NI".
They'd also want to get rid of that Ulster Council of the GAA who were issuing statements mentioning the 2 jurisdictions and different restrictions etc.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on October 26, 2020, 02:15:23 PM
So someone (not me I usually refer to the 6 Counties) says "Northern Ireland"  they somehow think it's not part of Ireland??

If some "Gaels" are so sensitive to Waterford using the official name of the 6 Counties I presume they wouldnt sully themselves by touching any money coming from the "NI Executive" or the "Dept of Sport NI".
They'd also want to get rid of that Ulster Council of the GAA who were issuing statements mentioning the 2 jurisdictions and different restrictions etc.

Stop talking shite and stick to the topic..

Stop bringing in nonsense to try and suit your post and ideas...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on October 26, 2020, 02:15:23 PM

How do you refer to the city John Hume was from?

Rossfan

Derry or Doire Colmcille.

I have a problem with hypocritical extremists though.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rossfan on October 26, 2020, 02:58:12 PM

Do you think people in the North should be calling it Londonderry?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

They can call it whatever they want as long as they don't think they have a right to tell me what to call it.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on October 26, 2020, 02:58:12 PM

I'm not sure that's the official name though so why do you make and exception given your earlier position on "Northern Ireland"?

Rossfan

I call the place the 6 Cos usually.
I was making an issue of "some Gaels" being annoyed by Waterford CB saying "Northern Ireland".
Poor Sean Cavanagh got abuse earlier in the tear for saying "Northern Ireland", some of it ironically from a Member if the Beitish Parliament.
By the way there were 2 advertising signs behind the goals in Healy Park, Omagh with "www.tyrone.co.uk" on them
Hope those "Gaels" dont find out.

Rossfan

marty34

Quote from: Rossfan on October 26, 2020, 12:35:42 PM
I see according to the Irish News "many Gaels are angered" because Waterford said "Northern Ireland " instead of the "6 Counties".
Will these "Gaels" refuse to accept money from the Northern Ireland Executive and the Dept of Sport NI?
Have those "Gaels" heard of the Good Friday Agreement and its acceptance by a huge majority of the Irish people?

We've had this discussion before.

As already stated, there are loads of northern 'gaels' who use the term ni...muppets the lot of them.  Then when they got pulled up on it they got all defensive.  No better to me then the west brits of the 26 counties.

Very disappointed that Waterford GAA used the term, and rightly so, they got a serious slating for it.  Unfortunately, that the way a lot of people in the 26 counties think of the 6 counties.  For them Ireland stops at Louth right around to Donegal.  They, from history, might have an excuse, but the so called 'nationalists' in the north who use that phrase have no excuse.

By the way, fair play to Westmeath - they came to Antrim with no hassle.

Rossfan

Maybe ye could impose a 12 month ban on any GAA people saying "Northern Ireland".
Maybe force them to go through a re education process before they can renew membership.
We have to keep GAA people pure and untainted.

In the meantime ye need to get rid of those ads from Healy Park.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on October 26, 2020, 08:10:50 PM
Maybe ye could impose a 12 month ban on any GAA people saying "Northern Ireland".
Maybe force them to go through a re education process before they can renew membership.
We have to keep GAA people pure and untainted.

In the meantime ye need to get rid of those ads from Healy Park.
[/quote

Deal with what Waterford county board did first, then we can talk about Healy Park