Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

This is in 'rumour' territory but coming from sources that would be well informed and wouldn't be throwing stuff around.
Anyway we will have to wait til morning to see if there is anything in it.

mouview

Heard earlier tonight, not from a great source mind, that players were dead set against Rochford. Had a get-together over the past couple of weeks... Peter Ford is hardly the answer though.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

This is in 'rumour' territory but coming from sources that would be well informed and wouldn't be throwing stuff around.

How does a man resign two days after his management team for next season was announced? Surely that's an incredible statement on the lack of faith he has in Forde et al?

Or is this yet more primmadonna stuff from players who are most definitely past their best?

moysider

It's still in 'rumour' territory and might not amount to anything at all yet. I'm not fully convinced yet it is true, but usually in Mayo when there is a bit of smoke there is a lot of fire.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2018, 12:06:12 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

How does a man resign two days after his management team for next season was announced? Surely that's an incredible statement on the lack of faith he has in Forde et al?

Or is this yet more primmadonna stuff from players who are most definitely past their best?

Might be a bit like John Evans situation - less than warm signals from the county board.

Farrandeelin

Selectors still not ratified I'm hearing.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

If Rochford leaves now it means that Forde and Conway was county board choices and Rochford wanted someone better or of a similar quality of the two that left.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 27, 2018, 12:24:11 AM
If Rochford leaves now it means that Forde and Conway was county board choices and Rochford wanted someone better or of a similar quality of the two that left.

That's only one possibility.

Captain Obvious

The pope signing that Mayo shirt has put too much pressure on the shoulders of Rochford?

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2018, 12:20:03 AM

I'm hearing Rochford has resigned. We'll know soon enough if that is true or not.
I think people are jumping to conclusions about what would have led to him walking - again, if there is any truth in the rumours anyway.
But I do know that anybody I've talked to were very underwhelmed about the proposed new set-up - regardless whose idea it was.

Blowitupref

Quote from: moysider on August 27, 2018, 12:57:55 AM

I'm hearing Rochford has resigned. We'll know soon enough if that is true or not.
I think people are jumping to conclusions about what would have led to him walking - again, if there is any truth in the rumours anyway.
But I do know that anybody I've talked to were very underwhelmed about the proposed new set-up - regardless whose idea it was.

Was strong rumours last year that Rochford was stepping down but changed his mind when Buckley decided to stay on for another year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on August 27, 2018, 12:57:55 AM

Heard that too in the last few minutes. We await confirmation in the morning.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

weareros

Often it means the county board have someone else lined up... Jimmy's winning matches?

Crete Boom

Quote from: weareros on August 27, 2018, 01:26:25 AM
Often it means the county board have someone else lined up... Jimmy's winning matches?

If that's what is happening then think less hair and more tanned ! ;)
I don't think McGuiness or anyone outside the county would be interested in managing Mayo at the moment.
The team is going to be in transition and our executive will be counting the sandwiches at every training session next year so cheap and local will be the way to go for the foreseeable future!!

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on August 27, 2018, 01:26:25 AM

Are you well.