FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 25, 2016, 10:53:33 PM
You are hitting the nail on the head there from the bunker, the only thing worse than being broke is being broke and pretending your not, some of these Galway posters think they are Kerry.
Rubbish. We're very well aware of where we stand currently in the pecking order. More than aware.

Farrandeelin

14 more Sundays to go lads!!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Ye'll probably have to hold it without us as we're unlikely to have a manager, panel or even a County Board at that stage.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 07, 2016, 12:11:11 PM
Ye'll probably have to hold it without us as we're unlikely to have a manager, panel or even a County Board at that stage.

Don't forget Westmeath trying to steal Clann and Brigids.

sligoman2

They should shake this up a bit.  We keep playing the same teams galway, Leitrim and GMIT.  Why not have a draw to see who goes into each side.
14 weeks- the suspense is killing me.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

iorras

62 pages on the FBD league???

Rossfan

Rossfan

We could be without up to 10 of our 2016 players next year.
Claffey and Niall Carty have retired.
Donie Shine, Cathal Cregg, Ian Kilbride, David Keenan, Sean Purcell and the 3 Daly brothers are not available for a host of rumoured reasons.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Rossfan on November 07, 2016, 06:25:21 PM
Donie Shine, Cathal Cregg, Ian Kilbride, David Keenan, Sean Purcell and the 3 Daly brothers are not available for a host of rumoured reasons.

Ian Kilbride is gone overseas on duty for 6 months
Cathal Cregg will be back if he chooses but has requested a few months off to finish his PhD
Donie Shine was not invited down but has a hell of a lot going on outside of football and probably wouldn't have been able commit anyway.
David Keenan was supposedly dropped but talk he may be part of squad yet don't fully rule him out.
Sean Purcell was never good enough for county imo and has been dropped
Niall Daly was considering travelling next year and management told him if he wasn't fully committed for whole season don't bother coming down as they didn't want lads leaving panel mid season like his brothers last year. He opted out.
Neither of the other Dalys have been asked to rejoin panel as of yet. I personally would do what ever I could to get Conor committed.
There's a break down of each of them.

larryin89

So is that the majority of 06 minors off into the sunset without ever batin Mayo at senior championship ?
For the sake of old scores i must remind me aul roscommon buddy who pointed to Donnie Shine all those years ago and said " see that buck there seanneen hes going to be your worst nightmare in the years ahead"
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Ronan is more important than Conor IMHO. Ronan's got an edge that so few of our defenders have, maybe only Collins and Murray are similar. Conor is an excellent front-foot footballer but we honestly have a bunch of players who can look great if they have the ball in hand and a bit of space, that's not where we're lacking. Both would be starters for me next year either way but I'm not holding my breath for both sides to make peace for the good of Roscommon football. McStay will be out on his arse if we tail off next year like we did this year so it may be in his best interests to make it work.

Niall was excellent this year but if he needs a break he should take it and come back the next season refreshed and better than ever. In the end this is an amateur game and a lad like Niall has been playing IC football nearly non-stop every summer for 12 or 13 seasons.

twohands!!!

Is Carty not only around the 25 year old mark or what?

Does he have injury issues or what?

oliverkelly

Quote from: twohands!!! on November 07, 2016, 09:12:33 PM

27 was captain of the team in 2014 and 2015. A natural half back who was beginning to make a good full back. Injuries have destroyed him and he is nearly bone on bone at his knees now. Was only able train on off last year and physically is not able to play at that level anymore due to the damage he is doing to himself. A massive loss to Roscommon and especially when we lack defenders.

Syferus

Quote from: oliverkelly on November 07, 2016, 09:21:16 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on November 07, 2016, 09:12:33 PM

27 was captain of the team in 2014 and 2015. A natural half back who was beginning to make a good full back. Injuries have destroyed him and he is nearly bone on bone at his knees now. Was only able train on off last year and physically is not able to play at that level anymore due to the damage he is doing to himself. A massive loss to Roscommon and especially when we lack defenders.

Probably the best all-round footballer of the 2006 minors. Like David Casey before him he kept going when nearly anyone else would have quit. Hopefully he can win a county title with Pearses in the years ahead.