Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on October 28, 2015, 12:54:36 AM
Quote from: moysider on October 28, 2015, 12:49:32 AM
Quote from: Syferus on October 28, 2015, 12:26:48 AM
Quote from: moysider on October 28, 2015, 12:25:08 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on October 27, 2015, 11:56:00 PM
Moysider, last year was more a ''roughing up'' rather than a ''beating up'' !!

True.

Might it have been a turning point for the panel and their management? This great side being played off the field at home by their lowly neighbours?

Most of the handbags happened after Mayo realised the game was gone from them and they got a bit sour about it.

I doubt it. I don t think there was any trigger or turning point. Just maybe that from the appointment process the whole gig was a bit toxic.

Just being facetious Moy.

Mayo get rid of a management the players don't want, we get rid of a management the players wanted and luck into a better one and Galway. Well who knows what the f**k is happening in Galway.

Galway hurling?

No idea what is happening there or why Cunningham is clinging on. I knew him back in the day and a top fella. He s also a good record as a manager/coach in football and hurling. However when any relationship goes sour ye have to walk away. Might not be your fault but better to walk away with whatever dignity ye can muster. Anthony can hold on with the backing of the board and continue but he will never have the confidence of the panel. He can be thorough and brilliant but there is a chasm between him and the players that cant be bridged by any amount of intervention or frank discussions. A dressing room doesn t work that way. Unfortunately for H&C, they were probably regarded with suspicion from day 1. That is why I take these noises about 'charters' and 'putting processes in place that this doesn t happen again' with a pinch of salt.

Shrewdness

7 weeks from next Sunday, it all starts again..just 51 days.

Rossfan

Can't wait. Bring it on.
However with about 60 non students on our panel we'll be fairly varying the team around and may not retain our Title ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ck

7 weeks. Not sure if I can handle the excitement.

seafoid

Rossie internet activity is expected to peak over the next while, building into a Syferian frenzy by february , up many levels from the august readings.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2015, 11:20:39 PM
Rossie internet activity is expected to peak over the next while, building into a Syferian frenzy by february , up many levels from the august readings.
You go and sort out ye're hurly manager shenanigans and lave us alone >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on November 13, 2015, 11:30:28 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2015, 11:20:39 PM
You go and sort out ye're hurly manager shenanigans and lave us alone >:(

They should get rid of him so Kevin can get him on board for 2016.

Farrandeelin

Fair play to the FBD League, they have finally listened to me and given Ballina a game!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 17, 2015, 11:08:21 PM
Fair play to the FBD League, they have finally listened to me and given Ballina a game!

Nice to see Healy Park aka San Siro getting a game :)

Crete Boom

They played Sligo IT in Ballina last year as well Farr. So in fairness they were listening to you for a good while now ;).

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Crete Boom on November 18, 2015, 02:48:39 PM

They played Sligo IT in Ballina last year as well Farr. So in fairness they were listening to you for a good while now ;).
No harm to keep reminding them though!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayo.mick

I'd say our match (Mayo) will be fine as its being played in MacHale park. (that's depending on how much rain actually falls here over next few days   :( )
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

mayo.mick

Quote from: mayo.mick on December 30, 2015, 06:52:51 PM
I'd say our match (Mayo) will be fine as its being played in MacHale park. (that's depending on how much rain actually falls here over next few days   :( )

I'm beginning to wonder now. The U-21 final which was supposed to be played there this evening was moved to Bekan. Either they are saving the pitch for Sunday or else its unplayable?
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Mayo Club 51

Stephen has named the Mayo squad earlier of our 1st match of 2016 on Sunday.

QuoteNew Mayo manager Stephen Rochford has named a squad of 23 players for his first game in charge which takes place this Sunday January 3rd against NUI Galway. It features a mix of youth and experience with 8 of the players named featuring in the All Ireland Semi-Final replay defeat to Dublin on Sept 5th.

A number of players are unavailable due to college commitments, injury and other commitments.

The Mayo panel for Sunday's opening FBD Insurance League clash with NUI Galway in Elverys MacHale Park, Castlebar, at 2pm is:

Colm Boyle (Davitts);
Ger Cafferkey (Ballina Stephenites);
Caolan Crowe (Garrymore);
Jason Doherty (Burrishoole);
Andrew Farrell (Killala);
Matthew Flanagan (Balla);
Jason Gibbons (Ballintubber);
Brendan Harrison (Aghamore);
Robert Hennelly (Breaffy);
Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis);
Kevin Keane (Westport);
David Kenny (Aghamore);
Conor Loftus (Crossmolina);
Darren McHale (Knockmore);
Shane McHale (Knockmore);
Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore);
Shane Nally (Garrymore);
Padraig O'Hora (Ballina Stephenites);
Tom Parsons (Charlestown);
Mark Ronaldson (Shrule-Glencorrib);
Keith Ruttledge (Knockmore);
James Stretton (Claremorris);
Mikey Sweeney (Kiltane);

Unavailable due to college football commitments are:
Conor O'Shea (Breaffy – NUI Galway); 
Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber - DCU);
Evan Regan (Ballina Stephenites - UUJ);

Unavailable due to injury and other commitments are: 
Chris Barrett (Belmullet);
David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites);
Cathal Carolan (Crossmolina);
Michael Conroy (Davitts);
Alan Dillon (Ballintubber);
Michael Hall (Breaffy);
Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen);
Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber);
Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy);
David Drake (Ballaghaderreen);
Alan Freeman (Aghamore);
Lee Keegan (Westport);
Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy);
Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe).

moysider

Good stuff. Plenty to be going on with there.