FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Bumping this up again. Maybe Mayo might do it for Holmes and Connelly, or maybe Roscommon will do it for Syf. Hopefully some North Mayo venue will get a gameen next January.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Roscommon have bigger fish to fry than the Leitrim League. Will be in Ballyhaunis for the challenge match of the year..

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2014, 08:23:31 PM
Bumping this up again. Maybe Mayo might do it for Holmes and Connelly, or maybe Roscommon will do it for Syf. Hopefully some North Mayo venue will get a gameen next January.

Christ Farr., are you running a temperature after yesterday?

I ve gone to a good few FBDs over the years but the competition is stale and haven t bothered with it for 2-3 years. Maybe if there was some initiative with promotion and venues it could be lifted a bit.  North Mayo will get f**k all Farr., as you know well.

Rossfan

Jases Rhubarbs ye're on some comedown - from All Ireland Finals to now getting excited ( like the rest of the mere mortals) about th'oul FBD. ;D
The Provincial draws next week will get us all into 2015 mode.
As for the FBD perhaps it's time to move it to December and see would that improve it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Mayo's Group.

Round 1  4th January
Sligo IT v Roscommon
NUIG v Mayo

Round 2 11th January
Roscommon v NUIG
Sligo IT v Mayo

Round 3 18th  January
NUIG v Sligo IT
Mayo v Roscommon

All games down for 2.00pm.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on November 14, 2014, 04:17:34 PM
We'll be cutting a fine dash in our new jerseys  ;D
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=227647.

What's this about a map of all the locations of the clubs in the county on the back of the jersey? Sounds like a nice touch.

Rossfan

Is the Ros town of Ballagh included I wonder ? :D

larryin89

No Ballyhaunis for ya syf, you'll have to venture to the mecca of Connacht football in Castlebar.  One game for Ballina v IT Sligo (is E. regan with it sligo this year)
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

I know the CC and Mayowestros Co Board want to do their bit to pay the debt on the white elephant but draggin an oul FBD game there is overdoin it >:( >:(
Happy Christmas to all the rest of Connacht (even Rhus - but not to Ballaghrhus) and let all feelings of goodwill end from 2nd January and let battle thenceforth commence.

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on December 22, 2014, 09:19:35 PM
I know the CC and Mayowestros Co Board want to do their bit to pay the debt on the white elephant but draggin an oul FBD game there is overdoin it >:( >:(
Happy Christmas to all the rest of Connacht (even Rhus - but not to Ballaghrhus) and let all feelings of goodwill end from 2nd January and let battle thenceforth commence.

Time will tell but good move imo , id expect a 20% increase in attendance .

merry xmas to you too rossie.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: Mayo Club 51 on December 22, 2014, 10:25:33 PM
3 home games for us this year  :)

http://mayoclub51.com/mayo-gaa-2015-fixturesresults/senior-football-fixturesresults-2015/

They must be reading my (e)mail !!

The competition needed a bit of a change. The Ballina match is welcome and will get a crowd but Castlebar not really a venue you want for this. But it beats some venues in the past like dodgy floodlights and not a bush for a few observers to shelter from some awful weather.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on December 23, 2014, 12:04:17 AM
Quote from: Mayo Club 51 on December 22, 2014, 10:25:33 PM
3 home games for us this year  :)

http://mayoclub51.com/mayo-gaa-2015-fixturesresults/senior-football-fixturesresults-2015/

They must be reading my (e)mail !!

The competition needed a bit of a change. The Ballina match is welcome and will get a crowd but Castlebar not really a venue you want for this. But it beats some venues in the past like dodgy floodlights and not a bush for a few observers to shelter from some awful weather.

What shite is moving the Mayo-Ros game to McHale about? Always got a great crowd when played on the border in Ballinlough and Ballyhaunis. Basically throwing money away.

Mayo Club 51

FBD Connacht GAA Senior League Football 2015- Section A

Round 1
Strokestown 14:00 Institute of Technology Sligo V Roscommon
Referee: Declan Corcoran

Elverys MacHale Park,
Castlebar
14:00 N.U.I. Galway V Mayo
Referee: Raymond Mc Brien

FBD Connacht GAA Senior League Football 2015- Section B
Round 1
Enniscrone 14:00 Sligo V Galway